Search

Pajamas Coming To Delta One Cabins?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 5:03 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Pajamas Coming To Delta One Cabins?

Hi All-

Just saw this thread on Airliners.net, but couldn't find any press-release/post confirming the same. Thoughts?

From the post:

"Sleep suits will be introduced on Lax to Pvg and Syd routes starting on December 15. Other routes to be added starting early in 2016."

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/6564959/
Old Dec 1, 2015, 5:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
LAX-PVG is relatively short compared to some other TPAC routes, although LAX-SYD is long, as are ATL-JHB, ATL-SVO, JFK-TLV and the about to be eliminated ATL-DXB,
Old Dec 1, 2015, 5:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Oh boy!

*yawn*
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:01 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Does Tumi make PJs?!?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by davetravels
Does Tumi make PJs?!?
Hmmm, or does Westin make a HeavenlySleepSuit™ ?
bigpapa7272 likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Interesting.

Doing ICN to DTW in the spring on 747. Assume we would just use PJs from other flights on that trip (Emirates, Quatar, Singapore)
Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott, Amex
Why would they provide pajamas? About half the people in D1 show up virtually in pajamas anyway. Never ceases to amaze me what people are willing to wear in public in the name of comfort.
bigpapa7272 likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by DTWNate
Why would they provide pajamas? About half the people in D1 show up virtually in pajamas anyway. Never ceases to amaze me what people are willing to wear in public in the name of comfort.
Well, I would fly w/o wearing my PJs. But it gets real cold sometimes :-)

On a more serious note, I was slumming around at the local mall and saw a pair of pants that looked a bit unusual. Checking them out, they basically would be what one might want to wear on long flight. Very elastic and lightweight, but looked almost like normal slacks.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:48 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Don your (nicely tailored) flame suit.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
LAX-PVG is relatively short compared to some other TPAC routes, although LAX-SYD is long, as are ATL-JHB, ATL-SVO, JFK-TLV and the about to be eliminated ATL-DXB,
1) DL doesn't fly ATL-SVO, even seasonally.
2) Even if they did, ATL-SVO would be significantly shorter than LAX-PVG (ATL-SVO: 5,380 miles; LAX-PVG: 6,485). JFK-TLV, at 5,677 miles, is also shorter than LAX-PVG.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 5:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
I can confirm this. But Delta is saying little other than: “We expect to have more to share in the coming weeks.”
Old Dec 2, 2015, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
1) DL doesn't fly ATL-SVO, even seasonally.
They did. I flew it in the dead of winter.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
And I can't understand how wearing a suit the whole time in D1 is comfortable.
bigpapa7272 likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Not sure which is crazier:

a) People that wear a full suite with jacket on a flight - even cross country.

b) People that wear suit AND an overcoat - even on a short flight

c) People that are unable to wear casual clothes and have to get into jammy/sweatpants, etc

It is just a chair and the temperature is usually somewhat normal.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 1:53 am
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Not sure which is crazier:

a) People that wear a full suite with jacket on a flight - even cross country.

b) People that wear suit AND an overcoat - even on a short flight

c) People that are unable to wear casual clothes and have to get into jammy/sweatpants, etc

It is just a chair and the temperature is usually somewhat normal.
People fly on day trips all the time for meetings where suits are expected. Packing what you need instead of wearing it makes no sense and creates issues of having to change clothes. Conversely, people will fly home after meetings and after checking out of their hotel and wear home what they wore during the day. A well-made suit and shirt that fits well should not be uncomfortable.

It's easier to wear an overcoat than try to pack it if you will need one at your destination. If you have a nice overcoat, it will go with anything including jeans and should be pretty warm. Mine is.

I change into sweats all the time when flying overseas. It's comfortable and I sleep better. I change back before landing. One benefit: the clothes I plan on wearing on arrival don't look as though I've slept in them. I feel pretty grungy if I am forced to wear clothes through the next day that I've slept in. I will sometimes skip the changing into and back part if I am staying near the airport and will be checking into my room right away and just wear sweats on the flight.

I tend to dress casually most of the time, but there are exceptions when I will wear a suit on a flight, mainly due to what I have planned at the destination. Yes, dress is a lot more casual these days, but there are occasions where a suit is expected. Lawyers, for instance, generally will wear suits for court appearances and client meetings. While the latter is changing, particularly in the tech industry, most corporate and financial clients still expect suits.

So, none of this is crazy at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.