Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP SkyPriority Security Line

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by motytrah
In addition, they can't send the TSOs to any other airports to train on it, so it's going to be training day when it opens.
Wow, live training. Doesn't that sound fun.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
From the Press Release:

From the MAC Commission meeting Monday: South Checkpoint (AKA Left Checkpoint). Pre-Check and Clear Only.

North Check Point (Aka Right Checkpoint): General Passengers, Clear, Pre-check. All 10 lanes should be open at peek as the South Checkpoint staff will be positioned there.

MSP is the first airport to use the McDonald Humphrey Automated Screening Lane along with the Smith's X-Ray Machine. Most other airports use RapidScan X-Ray with the ASL lanes. So the three week window is longer than normal because we're the first to use this system combination. In addition, they can't send the TSOs to any other airports to train on it, so it's going to be training day when it opens.
Thanks for the heads up on the "training" period. This could be a mess for a much longer period than the media are suggesting.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by SoroSuub1
Wow, live training. Doesn't that sound fun.
To be clear, it's not like the TSOs won't be trained on it ahead of time. But the first time anyone gets experience operating it under heavy load with real passengers will be the day they reopen the checkpoint.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Precheck (two lanes) and Clear are in full effect at South FYI.....regular line at North did not look fun today (~30 mins or so quoted on the board).
Old Aug 24, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Precheck (two lanes) and Clear are in full effect at South FYI.....regular line at North did not look fun today (~30 mins or so quoted on the board).
I went through the South lane which was pretty empty. Using Clear I was through the line in 2 minutes or less yesterday.
Saj8986 likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by nichelle
I went through the South lane which was pretty empty. Using Clear I was through the line in 2 minutes or less yesterday.
Ugh, my next trip is on AF. J class of course, but they don't do Pre.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Ugh, my next trip is on AF. J class of course, but they don't do Pre.
If need be I can get you a free trial code for CLEAR so you won't have to worry about the lines.

Enrollment literally takes less than five minutes (fill out a form online and then have your finger prints and iris scans taken at the airport) and you're all set.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:53 pm

My daughter read about the lane closures and that pushed her over the line to sign up for precheck. She is at her appointment right now (lots of time slots available at Bloomington.)

She flies a fair amount to and from college and internships. We just returned from vacation- had precheck courtesy of my GE trusted traveler status. She had forgotten what normal security used to be.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by mules
My daughter read about the lane closures and that pushed her over the line to sign up for precheck. She is at her appointment right now (lots of time slots available at Bloomington.)

She flies a fair amount to and from college and internships. We just returned from vacation- had precheck courtesy of my GE trusted traveler status. She had forgotten what normal security used to be.
Haven't we all
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Delta customers are now getting an email:

Dear Delta Customer,

Please be advised that the TSA South Check Point at MSP Airport is currently under construction and will only offer 2 TSA PreCheck lanes. We recommend that you use TSA North Check Point for Standard, SkyPriority and additional TSA PreCheck lanes.

Thank you for flying Delta.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:06 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
At MSP or somewhere else in Bloomington such as the MOA?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by Grouchy

Dear Delta Customer,

Please be advised that the TSA South Check Point at MSP Airport is currently under construction and will only offer 2 TSA PreCheck lanes. We recommend that you use TSA North Check Point for Standard, SkyPriority and additional TSA PreCheck lanes.

I didn't get such an email and I not only live here but I'm also flying out of MSP in a few days on DL.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by Grouchy

Dear Delta Customer,

Delta seems to be very diligent with this message. I received it yesterday in regard to my flight with arrival, not departure, at MSP!

Edit: Just read MSPeconomist's post. Guess the diligence is kind of scattered.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by CarmenOM
Delta seems to be very diligent with this message. I received it yesterday in regard to my flight to MSP
That's real useful---unless TSA plans to subject us to "security" checks upon arrival.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
That's real useful---unless TSA plans to subject us to "security" checks upon arrival.
I've gotten the JFK T4 message on flights to or D-D connecting there, but not with regularity. Perhaps these emails are processed via a manual batch and sometimes a fat finger forgets to specify O/D airport?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.