Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Mixed Cabin Award Tickets - No Longer Allowed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mixed Cabin Award Tickets - No Longer Allowed

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
I think you all are taking this too literally. Of course you can still book F/J+Y each direction for the same F/J price. I'm sure they just mean that the return can't priced as a Y award (or vice versa).
I would think the same thing. Since DL now allows o/w bookings, you don't have to buy a mixed class outbound and return. I have never booked a DL TATL award, do they add a fuel charge ex-Europe? I know BA does, but wasn't aware of it for Delta.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 1:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RaflW
I would think the same thing. Since DL now allows o/w bookings, you don't have to buy a mixed class outbound and return. I have never booked a DL TATL award, do they add a fuel charge ex-Europe? I know BA does, but wasn't aware of it for Delta.
DL does for itineraries originating exEurope. If you book an award ticket as two one ways rather than a RT, you would be subject to these international origination fees as well as having to pay two cancel/refund fees (unless it's a DM/PM FF account) to get your miles back if the trip iis cancelled.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by kop84
I was able to see DL.com price mixed cabin OW EWR/CDG/MRS, O across the water X inter Europe on 19 October for 62,500 miles.
OneWorld
Old Jun 8, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold
I think you all are taking this too literally. Of course you can still book F/J+Y each direction for the same F/J price. I'm sure they just mean that the return can't priced as a Y award (or vice versa).

Yes agreed, that's how I took it....
Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:23 pm
Suspended

What do you not understand about the words "No". And "Do Not"?

No. SkyMiles members do not have the ability to combine Main Cabin, First, Business and Delta One™ Class into one round-trip Award Ticket.
The word "combine" here can mean anything from F/J+Y in one direction or F/J + Y in two directions.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
DL does for itineraries originating exEurope. If you book an award ticket as two one ways rather than a RT, you would be subject to these international origination fees as well as having to pay two cancel/refund fees (unless it's a DM/PM FF account) to get your miles back if the trip iis cancelled.
I did this, but called in immediately and had them merge the two ow tickets to a r/t, and that eliminated the extra fees ex Europe...
Old Jun 8, 2015, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
What do you not understand about the words "No". And "Do Not"?
What part of "round-trip" do you not understand?

I'm just saying, give DL the benefit of the doubt until we have concrete evidence to the contrary.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 4:21 pm
Suspended

I'm just saying, give DL the benefit of the doubt until we have concrete evidence to the contrary.
LOL
Old Jun 8, 2015, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
[deleted, reworking...]
Old Jun 8, 2015, 8:12 pm

Programs: Delta DM; *A FO. UG since(1/1/15): 11/14
agree. pretty sure the same concept applies when you try to book a RT ticket and want to do Y over and J back. System automatically changes the Y selection into J.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: DL SM, DL Amex Plat, Hilton Silver
I want to bring this back to life - what is the current stance on this? I was considering booking a RT award ticket from DTW to EDI, going out in Main Cabin and returning in D1, for (ideally) 100k miles total + fees at the lowest award level (assuming it existed). Is this possible? It certainly isn't online (well, it is, but for 140k - the same as D1 both ways).

Thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:09 am

It's very easy to do online. Just search for flights you want. Then choose the cabin in each direction that you want.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You can always do this as two one way award tickets, but for international travel, it can make a difference in the fees. Also, if the traveler isn't DM/PM, one pays change/redeposit/cancel fees on each ticket separately, currently $150.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: DL SM, DL Amex Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by ScroogeMcFlyer
It's very easy to do online. Just search for flights you want. Then choose the cabin in each direction that you want.
I was about to whine about your response when I did it and noticed it seemed to work just fine. After recovering from my confusion, I discovered that my problems arose when trying to do this with Miles + Cash bookings, which force me into First/D1 both directions when trying to do what I asked.

Thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2016, 2:07 pm

Programs: SPG, DL
Originally Posted by Griffin Wright
I was about to whine about your response when I did it and noticed it seemed to work just fine. After recovering from my confusion, I discovered that my problems arose when trying to do this with Miles + Cash bookings, which force me into First/D1 both directions when trying to do what I asked.

Thanks!
FWIW, it will price correctly if you call in to have them do it.

Just last week i was looking at ATL-CDG around the holidays with a return from LHR. The return flights were outrageous so I booked the ATL-CDG in low when I wanted online. Waited a few days and eventually found cheap availability on the LHR-Philly in D1. Told the agent to make sure to book the return as an addition to the original ticket instead of a new OW and it priced correctly (without the EU origination surcharge).

Long story short, find the flights you want and call to book. Or book one way online and call to have the return added.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.