Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about Delta voucher

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
Question about Delta voucher

Given that it's a schedule change, you may have some luck getting them to reinstate the voucher for some time or apply it to another trip you need to book.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
Has anyone noticed that you can now use two separate vouchers from one account as long as you are booking the reservation for two people. A few years ago it would just let me apply one voucher. Is this a new thing or has it been this way for a while?
Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
ok, so Delta cancelled my ticket booked with an e-voucher but has said that a paper voucher (MCO) is coming after I was told an e-voucher would be reissued.

Does one really have to go to the airport to use these?
Does one create a reservation first, and put it on hold and then go?
Can I get Delta to issue e-credit instead of this difficult to use paper voucher?

Havent used a paper voucher in like a decade!
Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by rankourabu
ok, so Delta cancelled my ticket booked with an e-voucher but has said that a paper voucher (MCO) is coming after I was told an e-voucher would be reissued.

Does one really have to go to the airport to use these?
Does one create a reservation first, and put it on hold and then go?
Can I get Delta to issue e-credit instead of this difficult to use paper voucher?

Havent used a paper voucher in like a decade!
In the past, you could put the ticket on hold and then mail the voucher. Enough time for this was allowed, although it would be wise to mail it in a way that you get a receipt for delivery. Given that, it's almost easier to just do the ticket the next time you're an an airport during a relatively un-busy time.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
In the past, you could put the ticket on hold and then mail the voucher. Enough time for this was allowed, although it would be wise to mail it in a way that you get a receipt for delivery. Given that, it's almost easier to just do the ticket the next time you're an an airport during a relatively un-busy time.
Another disadvantage was that the e-credit allowed a KE flight in the itinerary, I m guessing this wont be allowed with a paper MCO?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by zkornhauser
Thanks, again, for the replies. I tweeted at Delta about this question. Hoping they provide a favorable answer...
Did you get an answer back from Delta?

We should have a Sticky on Delta voucher

I was trying to find whether my VDB voucher ($800 paper voucher x3+$100 e-voucher x3 online for seat issue) validity is BOOKED BY or TRAVEL BY today also

The T&C is totally not clear, and I think they do it on purpose so more people will try to "travel by" the date instead of "book by"
Validity Period: Voucher is valid for one year from date of issue. Validity period will not be extended.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Priority Platinum, Marriot Gold, Delta Platinum
I have a Delta e-credit for 2118 for a business trip I had booked and had to cancel. Yesterday I was trying to buy a ticket with a cost if $930 and it gave me an error on delta.com when I had completed the purchase.

When I called they said it had to be for a fare close to that amount and they were pricing full business fare for a total of 1700 and they would give me a voucher of $400, I asked why not ticket the 930 and give me a credit of the remaining 1100, they said it was not possible.

Need some help, as I was planning to use that e-credit for two different business trips I have planned. (I have no status with Delta).
Old Jun 20, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat
We do need a sticky for this. I have a question about paper vouchers. I recently got a paper voucher for taking a VDB, but it's also listed in MyDelta online as an e-cert. That means I can book online and don't have to mail in the paper voucher, right?
Old Jun 20, 2015, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by zeppo2
We do need a sticky for this. I have a question about paper vouchers. I recently got a paper voucher for taking a VDB, but it's also listed in MyDelta online as an e-cert. That means I can book online and don't have to mail in the paper voucher, right?
I'd think so
The paper voucher I got simply has a code, which I can enter online at Delta.com and redeem

It won't let me combine online though (e.g. I have $800 VDB + $100 courtesy credit all under my name), so that may need a phone-in
Old Jun 20, 2015, 5:54 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by zeppo2
Yes, I have done so recently. Received the paper voucher at the gate, but it automatically appeared in my account. You just find the e-cert, check it to use it and then it will be applied against your ticket. The balance, if any, will still appear as an e-cert.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by SJOFlyer
I have a Delta e-credit for 2118 for a business trip I had booked and had to cancel. Yesterday I was trying to buy a ticket with a cost if $930 and it gave me an error on delta.com when I had completed the purchase.

When I called they said it had to be for a fare close to that amount and they were pricing full business fare for a total of 1700 and they would give me a voucher of $400, I asked why not ticket the 930 and give me a credit of the remaining 1100, they said it was not possible.

Need some help, as I was planning to use that e-credit for two different business trips I have planned. (I have no status with Delta).
I've never heard of any rule about how much of a voucher you had to use.

Can you book both trips at the same time? (Maybe as a multi-city)
Old Jun 21, 2015, 6:36 pm
Original Member

Programs: Delta Flying Colonel, Lifetime Silver Medallion, Million Miler
Originally Posted by SJOFlyer

That is weird. My wife had a credit for $435 (ticket not used and Delta agent was nice enough to issue credit at no charge) that had to be used by August 2015. I booked some travel in May that cost her $284. When she looked at her account they credited her with the difference and extended the remaining credit until May 2016.

I don't think the agents on the phones have all the credit "rules" down pat as they can get very involved.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 3:31 pm

was just Google'ing and saw this from TPG

Is this still the case? and I'll read it as
- one cannot combine 2 vouchers/eCredits one has? e.g. if I have $800 (DBC) and $100 (TCV) under my name, I cannot $900 towards a $1000 ticket?
- but I can use $100 for another COMPANION on the same itinerary? say my child?

Thanks
Delta
As mentioned above, Delta currently doesn’t allow vouchers to be combined, and they are no longer transferable to other SkyMiles members. The only exception is when you’re traveling with a companion on the same itinerary. In this case, you can use one voucher for you and “assign” another one to the second passenger. However, in my experience this doesn’t work online, and you’ll have to get a strong phone agent to get the computer to recognize that this type of reservation is within the rules & restrictions of the voucher. However, if you’re just booking a flight for yourself, these vouchers are redeemable online by visiting this page (you can also pull up the vouchers assigned to your SkyMiles number here).

Read more: http://thepointsguy.com/2014/09/flex...#ixzz3dpS2l41Y
EDIT: I was bored and called Delta International Reservation. I'm surprised she knows her stuff
- I cannot combine the $800 and $100
- each person has to book individually with the voucher ONLINE, otherwise there's charge. 2 persons = 2 PNR, but child cannot book online so still need to call in
- I can, depending on the supervisor, as exception, possibly use $100 for a child/infant

Last edited by jerryhung; Jun 22, 2015 at 4:00 pm
Old Jun 22, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by sethb
I've never heard of any rule about how much of a voucher you had to use.

Can you book both trips at the same time? (Maybe as a multi-city)
It's not really a voucher, it's an e-credit from a canceled trip. I think the fare rules are carried forward with the credit, so it can get weird. I remember a thread or two on this topic.

David
Old Jun 22, 2015, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by DiverDave
It's not really a voucher, it's an e-credit from a canceled trip. I think the fare rules are carried forward with the credit, so it can get weird.
So if they're insisting on a fare close to the original, just buy two trips as a multi-city.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.