Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A tale of two pizza halves

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:27 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by OHDL1
Count me in....here's the popcorn....gotta bag'a chips around here somewhere. Don't forget....Delta "staff" gets first dibs. Here's hoping you got some decent craft beer and not some of the normal "swill". (Beer snob don'tcha know....)
Well I got some good stuff, but the DL employees had first dibs, so they left ya with the Sky Club's finest ales... Miller Lite and Budweiser
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:09 pm

Programs: Delta - PM / MM, UA 1K Starwood-Gold
It was the best of delays, it was the worst of delays. The best part was they brought us Pizza, the worst part was it was Little Ceasars. The best part was DL staff had to eat it first.

But the guy sitting off to the side (I think his name was Glenn), apparently scored a delicious looking ham sandwich
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Perhaps the DL agents wanted to taste the pizza first to make sure it was up to DL's highest gourmet standards. DL only serves the finest culinary delicacies both inflight and on the ground.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:25 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
I have the folding chairs, cooler with ice, and sunglasses.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
No location, date, or flight number. Next you're gonna tell me that all of these hardworking DL folks resat everyone in middle seats and the DL folks all sitting up front in F.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
Originally Posted by kettle1
Perhaps the DL agents wanted to taste the pizza first to make sure it was up to DL's highest gourmet standards. DL only serves the finest culinary delicacies both inflight and on the ground.
Yes. That must be it. They were acting as the spoon. It is the same reason why the dancing deer cookies sometimes disappear. They need to make sure you are not getting a bad batch.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
This thread is pathetic.

Once a bunch of pizzas are placed down on the table for the group, it is up to real men to go grab the slices.

I have no sympathy for a bunch of girly men who sat around while others grabbed the best slices.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by Esltroy
Yes. That must be it. They were acting as the spoon. It is the same reason why the dancing deer cookies sometimes disappear. They need to make sure you are not getting a bad batch.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:55 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, million miler
Had a 5.5 hour mechanical on an embraer 170 earlier this month to SAT. Staff ordered pizza about 4 hours in. A very nice jesture. I just wish in MSP they could have found a plane done flying for the evening at 9pm instead of us waiting until after 11pm to depart.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by spryam
Had a 5.5 hour mechanical on an embraer 170 earlier this month to SAT. Staff ordered pizza about 4 hours in. A very nice jesture. I just wish in MSP they could have found a plane done flying for the evening at 9pm instead of us waiting until after 11pm to depart.
Unfortunately there are rarely spare planes around the hubs at night. It's often much cheaper to overnight planes at outstation with cheaper parking fees. Taking early morning flights out of MCO you will see Delta jets parked everywhere at gates and at remote parking areas.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:37 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Lest we forget. . . . . .

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...na-bandit.html

Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:28 am

Programs: AADULtArer
I want to know if Diamonds get the first choice of toppings, followed by Plats, golds.

Or did FOs get a ham sandwhich?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Well I got some good stuff, but the DL employees had first dibs, so they left ya with the Sky Club's finest ales... Miller Lite and Budweiser
Like the Old Frothingslosh commercials: Beer so light that the foam is on the bottom...

And, yes, I am a beer snob... and proud of it.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 8:35 am

Programs: Delta DM/1.3MM, Marriott PP/LTP, Natl EE, Etihad Guest, FT FNG
In less time that it took the OP to post this on FT, they could have taken video of this DL employee feeding frenzy and I would be more inclined to believe that this story actually happened.

Just saying . . .
Old Apr 28, 2015, 8:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by exwannabe
This thread is pathetic.

Once a bunch of pizzas are placed down on the table for the group, it is up to real men to go grab the slices.

I have no sympathy for a bunch of girly men who sat around while others grabbed the best slices.
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.