Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sleeping in Delta SkyClub: Rule inconsistent

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sleeping in Delta SkyClub: Rule inconsistent

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
There are some sleep room rental by the hour at DTW(DL), ATL, JFK(T4). They are very expensive compared to the same level of rooms in Asia and Europe.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by tentseller
There are some sleep room rental by the hour at DTW(DL), ATL, JFK(T4). They are very expensive compared to the same level of rooms in Asia and Europe.
Where is this in T4 at JFK? I've got a 9 hour layover in a week and I may just want to grab some zzzz's at some point.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by vincentharris
OR...........

DL could just get chairs designed for that purpose. AF has them in CDG long ergonomic chairs designed for sleeping. Surprisingly very comfortable.

Delta has this in newer loungers. LAX in particular.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by wolf72
No airport hotels available at most US airports that are connected to the airport terminals?
ATL has 'Minute Suites' in the B concourse.

I used them a couple weeks ago after coming off a red-eye, quite possibly the best $$ I've spent -- I was able to get a undisturbed nap in on a long layover and able to hit my destination running.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and MM, UA 1K, Marriott LTT
No one would be able to sleep at the C37 club at ATL today with the uncontrollable screaming / crying kid that would not stop and his patent just let him bounce from seat to seat all over the club.

Staff would do nothing.

Funny how they will stop someone from being peacefully quiet while they sleep but will not stop the chaos ruining everyone's experience.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by shipitfish
I was told by a Red Coat, who seems to have been called in specifically for this purpose (while I was sleeping at the Terminal D ATL Skyclub that I was not permitted to sleep after coming off a redeye in couch with a long layover.

I frequently layover at MSP where people sleep all the time. At PDX, it's a given that at least 3 or 4 of us curl up, lay down, and sleep.

What's going on here? I read the SkyClub rules and the only rule (other than general "right to refuse service to anyone" is the rule against "undignified" behavior. Children run amok is dignified but a snooze isn't?
The most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of in my life.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by eajusa
The most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of in my life.
Really? In your whole life?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Really? In your whole life?
Perhaps eajusa is much younger than other posters and hasn't experienced as much ridiculousness as older people have.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Perhaps eajusa is much younger than other posters and hasn't experienced as much ridiculousness as older people have.
^. It's easy to pack a lot of ridiculous into 65 years.

Old Apr 16, 2015, 2:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by mrboom
No one would be able to sleep at the C37 club at ATL today with the uncontrollable screaming / crying kid that would not stop and his patent just let him bounce from seat to seat all over the club.

Staff would do nothing.

Funny how they will stop someone from being peacefully quiet while they sleep but will not stop the chaos ruining everyone's experience.
Why does nobody just say anything to them? They are enabled by apathy. Some may truly be oblivious, but most just dont care because it seems like no one else does. Call them out, and if needed embarrass them. Generally people who let their kids run around like that will be so shocked and embarrassed someone said something they will stop them.

Also I practice what I preach. If your child is being unreasonable in public, and ruining mine, or my guests experience I will POLITELY talk to you about it.

In your home do whatever you want, but in public you will follow social norms & behave in such a manner. We all live on this small planet, and in the public eye need to act like we had some home training.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by shipitfish
, it's a given that at least 3 or 4 of us curl up, lay down, and sleep.
Key part of the statement IMHO..
Old Apr 16, 2015, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by slidergirl
Where is this in T4 at JFK? I've got a 9 hour layover in a week and I may just want to grab some zzzz's at some point.
It was a spa/massage place. For that long of a layover maybe a pass to SkyClub and sleep on the loungers would make more sense
Old Apr 16, 2015, 6:39 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I'm guilty of sleeping on a couch in a Crown Room. This was in February, 2006 in the club in LGW. There was a long sofa at the very back end of the room. I was coming back from two days at the Winter Olympics in Turin. I flew on Ryanair TRN-STN, arriving around midnight. I took the bus which dropped us off outside Victoria Station around 0130; we were forced to stand outside in the cold by security police (the station is otherwise closed so people can't sleep in it overnight) until 10 minutes before the hourly train to Brighton which stops at LGW. The train left at about 0200 and arrived at Gatwick's south terminal rail station around 0250. I was able to take the people mover over to the LGW north terminal (where Delta's operations were). I found two benches near the Delta check-in counters and slept for about three hours until check-in opened at 0600.

I was first in line to check in for my 1000 flight to CVG; got through security relatively quickly and arrived at the Crown Room when it opened at 0630. I had been in this club a few times, and headed straight for the sofa I described, commandeered it, and finished my nap, waking up at 0915 in time to get down to the gate to board. I think I slept another 6 hours in Y, seated in a window seat next to another large individual.

Therefore, I'm guilty of rude, boorish behavior--I needed that nap to survive. Just another episode during my 2.33 MM's with Delta over 31 years.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FireEmblemPride
I recently napped at the SLC SC on a 6-hour layover while resting on one chair. Really needed that nap, too. I don't snore, so I suppose that helps.
Well about ten days ago, I witnessed a maxi sleeper in the SLC SC. He was in the former quiet area ( all the shhh signs have disappeared ) taking up three or four of the tan upholstered chairs, eye mask in place and red airplane blanket nearby, snoring quietly. How do I know? 'Cuz he chose the spot with the best lighting and I wanted to read. He was unmolested by SC staff by the way.

Agree that if I needed to nap on the SC it would be red cubicle city for me.

Jim
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:26 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by AgentCooper
ATL has 'Minute Suites' in the B concourse.

I used them a couple weeks ago after coming off a red-eye, quite possibly the best $$ I've spent -- I was able to get a undisturbed nap in on a long layover and able to hit my destination running.
I've wondered about these - how quiet are they? On a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is the ATL B-17 sky club on a business afternoon and 10 is a Zen Buddhist quiet mind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.