Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

I just received a phone call from Delta with a Singapore area code.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I just received a phone call from Delta with a Singapore area code.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by avidflyer
and they are very good. I used to use the Sing res office quite a bit when in Asia (and flying DL) and they always did an awesome job.
SINRES is awesome.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by HongKonger
SINRES is awesome.
Yes indeed. The few times I had to call them all ended up well.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: DL PM UA PSilver Marriott Lifetime Plat, AMEX Platinum, Avis PC, UA MPPPlus
I recall getting calls from Delta's folks in Singapore and also thinking there were good interactions with them.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by michael_v
Also good when there are weather problems in the US. Vonage and similar VOIP systems price Singapore phone calls at 1 cent/minute.
So I just put the Singapore phone number into my cell phone. I assume that it's a reasonable plan to just call them whenever there's a really long wait on the Medallion line in the US? I already have a very good international calling plan on this phone.

Thanks,
Keith
Old Apr 2, 2015, 9:28 am

IIRC SINRES dates back to PMNW. Even back then they seemed to do the manual reissues for complex tickets.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Now I know what to call when the elite lines are backed up for over 8+ hours during weather issues! However, my question is, IS SINRES only good for international itineraries/complex itineraries or can they help me with simple domestic itinerary stuff such as SDC, building a domestic itinerary, etc.?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Now I know what to call when the elite lines are backed up for over 8+ hours during weather issues! However, my question is, IS SINRES only good for international itineraries/complex itineraries or can they help me with simple domestic itinerary stuff such as SDC, building a domestic itinerary, etc.?
I've seen them do domestic reissues before.

The problem is DL reads these forums so I suspect if they are helpful you can count on them getting a memo or changing the phone number to make them less helpful.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by motytrah
I've seen them do domestic reissues before.

The problem is DL reads these forums so I suspect if they are helpful you can count on them getting a memo or changing the phone number to make them less helpful.
Thanks motytrah. Good to know!
Old Apr 2, 2015, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
IIRC SINRES dates back to PMNW. Even back then they seemed to do the manual reissues for complex tickets.
Correct. When I called from Singapore, I actually found the number in my hotel's directory book filed under Northwest Airlines.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
You know, now that I look closer, I think I actually called a different number than the one posted above.

I think the correct inbound number for SINRES is actually +65 6336-3371, as listed on this page http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...s-offices.html.

I assume the other number posted earlier in the thread is the outbound number; it might work for inbound calls too, but you're likely better off calling the published number instead.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 6:48 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
I also received a "you've been upgraded" call a few weeks ago, but it sounded so fishy, I thought I was being phished.

I immediately called the DM line, and they said I had no upgrades processed nor any other activity on my account that day, and had no idea who might have called. They said they were unaware that anyone ever got called just to say "you've been upgraded".

I remain suspicious...
But if this is indeed legit, they are doing a terrible job of rolling out the program.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 7:18 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by ULDB65
I also received a "you've been upgraded" call a few weeks ago, but it sounded so fishy, I thought I was being phished.

I immediately called the DM line, and they said I had no upgrades processed nor any other activity on my account that day, and had no idea who might have called. They said they were unaware that anyone ever got called just to say "you've been upgraded".

I remain suspicious...
But if this is indeed legit, they are doing a terrible job of rolling out the program.
My upgrade showed immediately on the DL app and I got the email too.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 9:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Yes, NW

Correct, one of the best in the system too.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 9:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
I have used SINRES when a blizzard was bearing down on NYC and I needed to get out on a "simple domestic itinerary." Spectacularly helpful agent and easy to get the rebooking done.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
All right, I think the important question is when will we organize a SINRES DO? Perhaps coordinated with the annual SIN DO? Can?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.