Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

middle seat EC vs aisle farther back /discuss

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

middle seat EC vs aisle farther back /discuss

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Start_at_UIN
I was steaming yesterday on the ATL>STL leg as I was moved from 4C aisle I confirmed at booking and received the boarding pass for, but when boarded a seat changed popped up and they moved me to 4B a center. There was no time to complain about it during boarding, but damnit, I would have sat further back to avoid a freaking middle. I did send a complaint via the web last night, we'll see what they have to say about it.
Who ended up in 4C?
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: Delta-PM, HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Explorist, Hertz - Presidents
Originally Posted by sethb
Who ended up in 4C?
Little old man with an Admirals Club tag on his briefcase. Nice guy, and he was small, so that helped. His son was in 4D across the aisle, they shoulda put him in the middle!
Old Mar 9, 2015, 3:13 pm

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
Aisle seat 100% of the time vs middle anything. Broad shoulders and double the odds of sitting next to an Atrocity
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:40 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
How do you know the move to 7B was an (automatic) upgrade? Maybe somebody requested it. (At SFO yesterday I overheard someone requesting a move forward and being willing to take a middle seat if it was further forward.)
The GIDS said ABC/Z Upgrade 7B right under my name and upgrade 4D, couldn't have more clear than that.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by SYRRDU
The GIDS said ABC/Z Upgrade 7B right under my name and upgrade 4D, couldn't have more clear than that.
I've never seen an upgrade within coach before. Delta may be letting something out.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 9:38 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
I've never seen an upgrade within coach before. Delta may be letting something out.
I had to look twice when I saw it. Who gets this [cough, cough] UG? ... DMs and PMs that are way in the back? As for your quote, that is what I was thinking... C+ is the new FC.

Last edited by SYRRDU; Mar 9, 2015 at 10:11 pm
Old Mar 9, 2015, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hope it's only for those who ask. (E.g. I'll take the row 35 DEF with the footrests over C+ middle non-bulkhead when I want to sleep.)
Old Mar 10, 2015, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Ughhhh. I often book late enough that there are no aisle EC/C+ seats left, and take an aisle a few rows back instead. I would be immensely pissed if DL automatically moved me to a middle C+ as an "upgrade". Heck, on some flights I might not even want a window C+ over an aisle further back.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 5:23 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I'd NEVER take a Y middle, even C+, over an aisle.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
18 B (bulkhead with half a mile of legroom) is certainly a seat I'd take over a non-reclining aisle much further back. But that's a rare exception.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 6:01 am

Programs: Delta DM; *A FO. UG since(1/1/15): 11/14
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
+1
Old Mar 10, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Aisle, especially important on TPAC or TATL. Bathroom, exercise, getting up much easier. Plus on many aisle seats you can lift up the aisle-side armrest for a bit more room and easier aisle access.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: Delta-PM, HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Explorist, Hertz - Presidents
Originally Posted by Start_at_UIN
I was steaming yesterday on the ATL>STL leg as I was moved from 4C aisle I confirmed at booking and received the boarding pass for, but when boarded a seat changed popped up and they moved me to 4B a center. There was no time to complain about it during boarding, but damnit, I would have sat further back to avoid a freaking middle. I did send a complaint via the web last night, we'll see what they have to say about it.
Called to complain a couple weeks ago about the non-response and they gave me the run-around and finally a $50.00 e-cert.........flash forward to today and I got a reply from Contact Delta and they are giving me 7500 bonus miles too.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
I'd have to pick those who side with the aisle seat. I will never of my own accord pick a middle seat.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
18 B (bulkhead with half a mile of legroom) is certainly a seat I'd take over a non-reclining aisle much further back. But that's a rare exception.
The problem. With bulkhead Y seats is the reduced width. Give me an aisle in the rear any day over that...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.