Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta, it is really that difficult ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL - Diamond Medallion - 2 Million Miler; Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson GOLD. ParknGo loves me
Delta, it is really that difficult ?

To alert us on equipment change ?

Flight MSP->ATL->MSY today with family.

Changed MSP->ATL from 757 to 764. Only way I noticed was looking at Flightaware to see if inbound was on the way.

Of course, they scrambled our seats. Not a huge issue (was able to change seats) but how about notifying us ?

Is that too much to ask ?

And too add insult to injury, I am DM, close to 2 MM miles....my 16 yr old daughter (maybe 15 flights in her life) gets TSA precheck. Rest of family...NOT.

<End Rant>
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:04 am

Although it may be bothersome to frequent fliers who actually know/care what's going on behind the scenes, we have to remember DL has its reasons not to bombard its pax with information overload. Most pax don't care/would be confused by the concept of an "aircraft swap", so making it known by way of some extra form of communication could do more harm than good.
Reseating algorithms take care of most pax' seat requests anyway.

To your second point, you'll have to take that up with TSA. "Managed Inclusion" is their brainchild but will become less prevalent in the future due to the volume of legit PreCheck participants.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by brad9696

Changed MSP->ATL from 757 to 764. Only way I noticed was looking at Flightaware to see if inbound was on the way.

Of course, they scrambled our seats. Not a huge issue (was able to change seats) but how about notifying us ?

And too add insult to injury, I am DM, close to 2 MM miles....my 16 yr old daughter (maybe 15 flights in her life) gets TSA precheck. Rest of family...NOT.

<End Rant>
I would consider a change to a 764 from a 757 to be a positive event.

Also, the TSA and not DL now determines whether a pax gets pre-check or not.

Relax.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by UAtoDE
Although it may be bothersome to frequent fliers who actually know/care what's going on behind the scenes, we have to remember DL has its reasons not to bombard its pax with information overload. Most pax don't care/would be confused by the concept of an "aircraft swap", so making it known by way of some extra form of communication could do more harm than good.
If there is a plane change type, I would want to know. Heck even if they change the version of the 757 and the good seat I had becomes a crappy seat, I would like to know before I step on the plane. I agree with the OP.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club

To your second point, you'll have to take that up with TSA. "Managed Inclusion" is their brainchild but will become less prevalent in the future due to the volume of legit PreCheck participants.
Actually, I'd say most people care about seat assignments. What's wrong with an automated email that your seats have been reassigned? Or is it by design that it's left to the GA to sort out?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:00 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors

Not.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: NWA Tears
The problem is not notifications, it is that Delta can't seem to deal with seat assignments. They should have maps between planes that allow like seats to be swapped for like seats. I don't remember this having been a problem PMNW. Amazed this is still a problem for DL.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Remember when EF could alert us to such changes and much, much more?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by brad9696

Changed MSP->ATL from 757 to 764. Only way I noticed was looking at Flightaware to see if inbound was on the way

<End Rant>
PreCheck selection is purely between you and the TSA. If your family wants PreCheck, talk to the TSA or spend the $17/year to enroll in a program. Airlines have nothing to do with regular PreCheck selection! They just print it on their boarding passes.

Why would the government ever let an airline decide who is low or high risk to security?

TSA selects kids for PreCheck a lot because the TSA considers them low-risk. Notice how I never said "an airline selects"...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.