Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta WestJet Announcement

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Ambassador
Sounds like I'll stick to DL metal when I can!.Thanks for the intel!
Old Dec 23, 2014, 9:50 am

Another thing to mention is that WS recently started with bag fees. Prior to that it was never a problem with overhead space (even so far as there was empty bins on push back). So boarding order was not an issue.

Since the baggage fees there are definitely more roller boards on the plane. I haven't seen people need to gate check but that might be the route (LAS usually means more baggage returning because all my Canadian friends hit the outlet malls).
Old Dec 23, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by Willower
Do they still treat you as a non-status flyer? Stopped using WestJet a year ago because of that. Couldn't check in online, no precheck at LGA, and last to board is no fun at all.
WS will recognize your DL status, give you 2 free bags at check-in and free seat selection (but have to call for that, no way to do it online before flight).
Old Dec 23, 2014, 5:33 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Well this totally sucks. I booked at DL flight from MCO to YYZ on Jan 6 and it's operated on Westjet. I've flown on Westjet many times booking through Delta and had gotten MQM in 2014
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
One cannot redeem awards on WestJet right?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GateGuardian
Well this totally sucks. I booked at DL flight from MCO to YYZ on Jan 6 and it's operated on Westjet. I've flown on Westjet many times booking through Delta and had gotten MQM in 2014
If you booked on delta.com as a DL flight number, you should earn full MQM's. It's only Westjet marketed flights that don't earn MQM's. But I guess you probably already figured this out as it's past your flight date.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA Fan
One cannot redeem awards on WestJet right?
Correct --

Airlines included in SkyMiles Award Travel: Delta Air Lines, Aeroflot, Aerolineas Argentinas, Aeromexico, AirEuropa, Air France, Air Tahiti Nui, Alaska Airlines, Alitalia, China Airlines, China Eastern, China Southern, Czech Airlines, Garuda Indonesia, GOL, Great Lakes, Hawaiian Airlines, Kenya Airways, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Korean Air, Middle East Airlines, Saudia Airlines, Tarom Airlines, Vietnam Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia, Xiamen Airlines
Old Jan 9, 2015, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by LockheedElectra
Great, thanks Ross, I wa dreading having to go on the ACT Rouge flight, I will go ahead and book the direct WS flight.
If I were you I would still have booked rogue due to free Y+ seating (sufficient legroom) and the longer flight (i.e. YYC/YVR-YYZ) is decent mainline.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 11:05 pm

Programs: DL GM, AA Platinum, Hilton Gold
Unless I'm reading incorrectly, it looks like you only get RDMs on WestJet even on Delta ticketed flights. Per website:

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_.../airlines.html
Old Jan 9, 2015, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WWang
Unless I'm reading incorrectly, it looks like you only get RDMs on WestJet even on Delta ticketed flights. Per website:

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_.../airlines.html
You are reading it incorrectly. Those earnings rates only apply to partner marketed flights. Note the disclaimer -- "Any partner flight that is not Delta-marketed or Delta-ticketed will earn according to the rules below." For DL marketed flights, even when flown on partner metal, you earn full MQM's. The previous poster had a DL marketed flight from MCO-YYZ purchased on delta.com and thus would earn full MQM's even though flown on Westjet. Here are the rates which apply to DL marketed flights.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...ith-delta.html
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by RealHJ
WS will recognize your DL status, give you 2 free bags at check-in and free seat selection (but have to call for that, no way to do it online before flight).
I didn't know this - thanks for that update. Will they also give any discounted access to E+?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by SamuelS
I didn't know this - thanks for that update. Will they also give any discounted access to E+?
No, not from my recollection, but it may have changed since I last flew WJ.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by LBJ
If you booked on delta.com as a DL flight number, you should earn full MQM's. It's only Westjet marketed flights that don't earn MQM's. But I guess you probably already figured this out as it's past your flight date.
Yes, I misread and did get the full MQM. I think I was reading the wrong notes. Next time I'll try calling in to see if I get the free check baggages as well.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by LBJ
Correct. I just booked a WS jet flight from LGA to YYZ on delta.com and am earning MQMs and MQDs.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:35 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum ; Hilton Gold; Hertz 5*, Delta DM. Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
I booked LGA-YYZ on delta.com, called WestJet and got my seats assigned...question on check in though...

I think I read that I can't check in on-line with delta for this flight, but can on Westjet with the WS record locator (which I have). As a DM with pre-check though, am I better off waiting and checking in with Delta at the airport?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.