Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Redefines Cabins, Rebrands BE & EC as Delta One & Delta Comfort+

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Renes Points
dl.com Press Release: Delta Redefines Cabin, Upgrades Premium Economy Options. Delta One, First Class and Delta Comfort+ offer premium experiences; Main Cabin and Basic Economy offer options for all customers.
Starting March 1, 2015, Delta customers can choose between:
  • Delta One, formerly BusinessElite, is offered on long-haul international routes; also between New York-JFK and Los Angeles or San Francisco*
  • First Class is offered on short-haul international and domestic routes**
  • Delta Comfort+ offers an upgraded experience on all two cabin aircraft around the world
  • Main Cabin experience is provided everywhere Delta flies offering a high standard of customer service
  • Basic Economy offers Main Cabin service with fewer flexibility options available in select markets.

Newly designed Delta One, First Class and Delta Comfort+ seat covers will be installed on aircraft through mid-2015. Customers can learn more about Delta's branded products at delta.com/firstlook or watch a video of the upcoming changes on YouTube
The New Delta Experience - LINK

New domestic F seat (737) - LINK

New Comfort+ seat (737) - LINK

Fly Your Way video - LINK

The New Delta Experience FAQs - LINK

Per the email, Delta GMs will lose complimentary access to Comfort+ at booking, but will gain complimentary access to Comfort+ on both domestic and international flights 72 hours before departure.

From Delta.com FAQ link:
Delta Comfort+ purchases made through a Delta channel (including delta.com, Fly Delta mobile app, Delta Reservations, Delta Kiosks, and select Delta airport locations) will earn Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs).
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2014, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM

I thought I had read on here some place that someone had heard a big announcement was coming in December from Delta... I think it was mentioned on the seat cover thread, but I'm not sure...

There something actually to this, or is it just a case of the constant speculation on here with the implementation of the already announced changes coming soon?

For the record - absolutely love Delta Studio and the free booze for all on international flights. Solid changes.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 2:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
I believe the widebody order of 25 A359s and 25 A339s was supposed to be announced this month but was leaked early.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
There is a big announcement coming, which DL has been dragging its feet. Publishing of the partner earning charts which are to change for 2015
Old Dec 3, 2014, 3:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
There is Internet speculation that one of the US majors is going to introduce a true Premium Economy cabin, similar to AF, LH, etc.

If you take that rumor and combine it with the fact that Delta filed for a Comfort Plus trademark, one can conclude that it will be Delta.

There is an investor day on December 11, which would be the day when/if anything is announced.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 4:49 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by carljanderson
There is Internet speculation that one of the US majors is going to introduce a true Premium Economy cabin, similar to AF, LH, etc.

If you take that rumor and combine it with the fact that Delta filed for a Comfort Plus trademark, one can conclude that it will be Delta.

There is an investor day on December 11, which would be the day when/if anything is announced.
Pleeeeeeeeezzzzzz be this.

But I suspect not.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 5:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz 5*, SPG

+1 I would love this. My work doesn't allow booking in F, but W is okay.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 6:26 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, DL UA
Looking forward to Investor day with hopes that Delta will offer a true "Premium Economy". I had already decided to switch all of my domestic and international flying to Delta due to the level of service offered and Economy Comfort. Then I started looking at their partners' Premium Economy, Air France and Virgin Atlantic, and decided they would be the best option for my transatlantic as most of my travels are to CDG and LHR. If Delta does this, I will very content flying Delta the majority of the time!

Any thoughts if it is United starting a Premium Economy since their partner Lufthansa is currently doing so? They do offer a very large Economy Plus section that they could change over to Premium Economy - part or all.

I would be very shocked to see AA do this.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
This would be a great addition. Having flown W on AF, VS and VA -- I really like that configuration, albeit in slightly different versions. But the extra width in addition to the extra pitch is a great change.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 7:34 am

The announcement will be made on Monday.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 8:19 am

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by Central Vigilance Commission
The announcement will be made on Monday.
Wow, 1 post and that's it. Hope you're right, you're credibility is counting on it.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 8:22 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
A true "premium economy" cabin would be a terrible addition. That's the cabin one would upgrade into from economy rather than business or first. Paid premium economy for an upgrade to business or first would likely be at or above full fare economy. No thanks!
Old Dec 5, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by CDKing
There is a big announcement coming, which DL has been dragging its feet. Publishing of the partner earning charts which are to change for 2015
Partner earning charts were put up yesterday on Delta.com.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by Spiff
A true "premium economy" cabin would be a terrible addition. That's the cabin one would upgrade into from economy rather than business or first. Paid premium economy for an upgrade to business or first would likely be at or above full fare economy. No thanks!
^
Old Dec 5, 2014, 10:00 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, DL UA
Maybe that's why they are considering a Premium Economy . . . Since they are upgrading Elites to Business Elite and aren't making money for those seats, maybe they can make additional money off of selling the Premium Economy!
Old Dec 5, 2014, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by CLTRob
Maybe that's why they are considering a Premium Economy . . . Since they are upgrading Elites to Business Elite and aren't making money for those seats, maybe they can make additional money off of selling the Premium Economy!
The risk to DL is if those who currently pay for J decide that W is good enough and trade down to the lower-priced product.

And then we're basically back to what it was in the 80s/early 90s with J/W/Y instead of F/J/Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.