FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta Redefines Cabins, Rebrands BE & EC as Delta One & Delta Comfort+ (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1635212-delta-redefines-cabins-rebrands-ec-delta-one-delta-comfort.html)

SCMConsult Dec 3, 2014 2:24 pm

Delta Redefines Cabins, Rebrands BE & EC as Delta One & Delta Comfort+

I thought I had read on here some place that someone had heard a big announcement was coming in December from Delta... I think it was mentioned on the seat cover thread, but I'm not sure...

There something actually to this, or is it just a case of the constant speculation on here with the implementation of the already announced changes coming soon?

For the record - absolutely love Delta Studio and the free booze for all on international flights. Solid changes.

lamont2718 Dec 3, 2014 2:58 pm

I believe the widebody order of 25 A359s and 25 A339s was supposed to be announced this month but was leaked early.

CDKing Dec 3, 2014 3:37 pm

There is a big announcement coming, which DL has been dragging its feet. Publishing of the partner earning charts which are to change for 2015

carljanderson Dec 3, 2014 3:52 pm

There is Internet speculation that one of the US majors is going to introduce a true Premium Economy cabin, similar to AF, LH, etc.

If you take that rumor and combine it with the fact that Delta filed for a Comfort Plus trademark, one can conclude that it will be Delta.

There is an investor day on December 11, which would be the day when/if anything is announced.

exwannabe Dec 3, 2014 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by carljanderson (Post 23937936)
There is Internet speculation that one of the US majors is going to introduce a true Premium Economy cabin, similar to AF, LH, etc.

If you take that rumor and combine it with the fact that Delta filed for a Comfort Plus trademark, one can conclude that it will be Delta.

There is an investor day on December 11, which would be the day when/if anything is announced.

Pleeeeeeeeezzzzzz be this.

But I suspect not.

Profchemnerd Dec 3, 2014 5:14 pm

+1 I would love this. My work doesn't allow booking in F, but W is okay.

CLTRob Dec 5, 2014 6:26 am

Looking forward to Investor day with hopes that Delta will offer a true "Premium Economy". I had already decided to switch all of my domestic and international flying to Delta due to the level of service offered and Economy Comfort. Then I started looking at their partners' Premium Economy, Air France and Virgin Atlantic, and decided they would be the best option for my transatlantic as most of my travels are to CDG and LHR. If Delta does this, I will very content flying Delta the majority of the time!

Any thoughts if it is United starting a Premium Economy since their partner Lufthansa is currently doing so? They do offer a very large Economy Plus section that they could change over to Premium Economy - part or all.

I would be very shocked to see AA do this.

mot29 Dec 5, 2014 7:24 am

This would be a great addition. Having flown W on AF, VS and VA -- I really like that configuration, albeit in slightly different versions. But the extra width in addition to the extra pitch is a great change.

Central Vigilance Commission Dec 5, 2014 7:34 am

The announcement will be made on Monday.

nichojo Dec 5, 2014 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Central Vigilance Commission (Post 23946625)
The announcement will be made on Monday.

Wow, 1 post and that's it. Hope you're right, you're credibility is counting on it.

Spiff Dec 5, 2014 8:22 am

A true "premium economy" cabin would be a terrible addition. That's the cabin one would upgrade into from economy rather than business or first. Paid premium economy for an upgrade to business or first would likely be at or above full fare economy. No thanks! :td: :td:

Pathfinder813 Dec 5, 2014 8:26 am

Originally Posted by CDKing (Post 23937869)
There is a big announcement coming, which DL has been dragging its feet. Publishing of the partner earning charts which are to change for 2015

Partner earning charts were put up yesterday on Delta.com.

NotHamSarnie Dec 5, 2014 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Spiff (Post 23946867)
A true "premium economy" cabin would be a terrible addition. That's the cabin one would upgrade into from economy rather than business or first. Paid premium economy for an upgrade to business or first would likely be at or above full fare economy. No thanks! :td: :td:

^

CLTRob Dec 5, 2014 10:00 am

Maybe that's why they are considering a Premium Economy . . . Since they are upgrading Elites to Business Elite and aren't making money for those seats, maybe they can make additional money off of selling the Premium Economy!

davisew Dec 5, 2014 10:08 am

Originally Posted by CLTRob (Post 23947350)
Maybe that's why they are considering a Premium Economy . . . Since they are upgrading Elites to Business Elite and aren't making money for those seats, maybe they can make additional money off of selling the Premium Economy!

The risk to DL is if those who currently pay for J decide that W is good enough and trade down to the lower-priced product.

And then we're basically back to what it was in the 80s/early 90s with J/W/Y instead of F/J/Y.