Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Thank you Delta and Alaska for getting me home yesterday!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thank you Delta and Alaska for getting me home yesterday!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Thumbs up Thank you Delta and Alaska for getting me home yesterday!

Many here say that FTers know not to travel this week. In my case, I travel to support planned events and cannot choose my dates of travel. Which meant I got to travel this week.

So I booked an 18 day trip to cold and dark Central Alaska (FAI) with a planned return date of the day before Thanksgiving. To add to the fun, this was a 4 hopper both ways. (Painful, but I had to take that to book on the Widget.)

And I made it! I had some doubts in MSP yesterday morning when my MSP-ATL flight was delayed due to de-icing, a mechanical, and more de-icing. Not to mention a little bit of snowfall. My 3 hour layover in ATL slowly bled down to almost nothing, but we arrived with 35 minutes to make my HSV flight. But just in case, I was backed up on the next HSV flight and I'm not even a double diamond DYKWIA. How 'bout that.

FAI-SEA-MSP-ATL-HSV just before Thanksgiving?

Easy peasy.

It was a difficult day to travel, but THANK YOU to the great folks at Delta and Alaska who got me home on time and with my checked bags (another big FT no-no). And I was able to enjoy the holiday with my folks today. ^

And best holiday wishes to everybody here at FT.

David
Old Nov 28, 2014, 2:42 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by DiverDave

It was a difficult day to travel, but THANK YOU to the great folks at Delta and Alaska who got me home on time and with my checked bags (another big FT no-no). And I was able to enjoy the holiday with my folks today. ^

And best holiday wishes to everybody here at FT.

David
Great that you made it! AS and DL both have great employees. ^

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...thank-you.html
Old Nov 29, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
I agree. I had a redcoat that did some amazing magic for me on the way home last month. I think her name is Shelly in ANC. She rocks.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 3:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Glad to see AS & DL do get along on occasion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.