Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

To the DL employees working on Thanksgiving: Thank you!

Old Nov 25, 2013, 1:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card

Spoke with a DL agent in LAS, she said she will be working Thanksgiving Day. She said DL will be providing a complete Thanksgiving meal for all employees working. Hats off to DL for providing this meal to the agents, ramp workers, crew, etc that will be working and getting us to our families and friends.

And to the employees at DL LAS (my home), thank you for doing your job, when I am sure you would rather be with your family. This past year, I have received better customer service from DL than any other USA based carrier. Keep up the good work.

To all DL employees and every airline employee... HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
^^^

Finally, something positive.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 6:56 am

Programs: Skyteam
I'm working on Thankgiving Day. Probably half day.

Thank you DL employees working on Thanksgiving.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:48 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve
Thumbs up

Thanks Delta! Especially all of the DCA employees ^

Last edited by HillTiger; Sep 22, 2014 at 7:35 pm
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:51 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Would it sound ungrateful to ask don't the employees get paid overtime for working on Thanksgiving Day? I'm sure at least the unionized pilots do ...
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by Beckles
Would it sound ungrateful to ask don't the employees get paid overtime for working on Thanksgiving Day? I'm sure at least the unionized pilots do ...
Not ungrateful to suggest they get paid overtime. But I think airline employees working on the busiest travel days of the year deserve everything delta gives them and then some. Ask yourself what price you would charge to put up with some of the ridiculous behavior they will encounter over the next 5-6 days???

I was completing my last MR over this weekend and every agent I encountered had a great attitude and was in good spirits. I hope this weather situation doesn't cause too much havoc for DL but me thinks that's probably wishful thinking!

Happy Thanksgiving Delta employees! You rock!!!
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: AA, Delta Kryptonium (DM) Hyatt Diamond IHG Fake Plat (Ambassador), HH Gold
Best front line employees in the US! ^
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:43 am

According to http://www.txrv10.com/pdf_files/dalcompare.pdf only Jetblue and Southwest have Holiday pay. At least for pilots.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
I'm also working turkey day and won't get to personally thank any of the DL employees, so HAPPY THANKSGIVING and thank you for all that you do!
Old Nov 25, 2013, 10:47 am

I believe most frontline people who have to work the holiday are given a floating holiday that they can use to take a different day off.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:25 pm

^ To the dedicated employees at DL and especially the folks @ LAS!!!^
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA 1K, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
IIRC, it used to be if you worked that day you could get holiday pay which was double time or use it as another day off down the road...... Delta really takes care of their family. I truly enjoyed the few years I worked on the ramp. Happy Thanksgiving to all the Delta peeps working this week!!!!!
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Headed to ATL Thursday night - will definitely try to pass along my thanks to those making travel possible!

Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
This is the first year in a while I won't be flying over Thanksgiving or Christmas, but to the employees who spend part of their holiday season away from family and friends to help us get home to ours, thank you very much.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tjhorner
IIRC, it used to be if you worked that day you could get holiday pay which was double time or use it as another day off down the road...... Delta really takes care of their family. I truly enjoyed the few years I worked on the ramp. Happy Thanksgiving to all the Delta peeps working this week!!!!!
Yup this. Although employees must be on the pay scale to get that. Seasonal/ready reserve employees aren't so lucky. And as far as I know all stations are doing a thanksgiving potluck.

Last edited by sfgiants13; Nov 25, 2013 at 7:59 pm
Old Nov 25, 2013, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Thank you DL employees.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.