Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No seat or plane listed in itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2014, 8:54 am
Original Poster

No seat or plane listed in itinerary

I have five flights in January and February and today no seats or aircraft are listed for two of the flights. Does this mean the flights have cancelled?
Old Nov 22, 2014, 9:01 am

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Originally Posted by tmr10001
I have five flights in January and February and today no seats or aircraft are listed for two of the flights. Does this mean the flights have cancelled?
It's the result of an EVOLVING ie in process equipment change or schedule change.

These changes usually occur on a Saturday!

Wait a day till Sunday afternoon, things should be more visible.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
Try doing dummy bookings on the same flights.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 12:31 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Same here.... fearing I'll lose my EC selections.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 12:51 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Yup. I have a bunch of flights booked on a January itinerary with the same thing. I'll check it again later this evening, and I expect that by tomorrow, something should appear more firm in the itinerary. If the change isn't to your liking, be prepared with alternatives to suggest to an agent that suit you.

Last edited by davetravels; Nov 22, 2014 at 12:57 pm
Old Nov 22, 2014, 3:11 pm

Grrrr. Thanks, airlines, for helping to destroy our language.

Flights don't *cancel*, they *are cancelled*. There, I said it.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 9:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kpfleming
Grrrr. Thanks, airlines, for helping to destroy our language.

Flights don't *cancel*, they *are cancelled*. There, I said it.
.....and gift isn't a verb.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:30 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
My January itinerary that I mentioned above in post #5 that had the same problems mentioned in the OP has been auto-fixed now, as far as now being back to confirmed flights with seats. Unfortunately, the EFFICIENT auto-rebook system has changed my LAX/MSP/ORD from a 1 hour connection to a 6 hour connection. I guess they're seriously cutting back on MSP/ORD flights!

Anyway, as we all know, this kind of thing allows us to make VERY liberal schedule changes to our liking. I'm trying to figure out what works best for me before I call.

Old Nov 23, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by JayTeaBee
Same here.... fearing I'll lose my EC selections.
Everything is back to normal this morning. The schedules did change a bit for everything but my seat selections were in tact. Nice work Delta, you had me nervous.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 8:28 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
I had an award ticket booked in April for the 10:25am HNL-NRT on the 747. Unfortunatley, that is now the 767 departure and the 747 is going later in the day. I would like to switch to the later departure so I can ride on the upper deck but neither the paid nor the miles booking engine can find flights on that day. I think I will wait a bit more until revenue management wakes up and gets things squared away.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
My January itinerary that I mentioned above in post #5 that had the same problems mentioned in the OP has been auto-fixed now, as far as now being back to confirmed flights with seats. Unfortunately, the EFFICIENT auto-rebook system has changed my LAX/MSP/ORD from a 1 hour connection to a 6 hour connection. I guess they're seriously cutting back on MSP/ORD flights!

Anyway, as we all know, this kind of thing allows us to make VERY liberal schedule changes to our liking. I'm trying to figure out what works best for me before I call.

From MSP, DL operates almost as many flights to MDW as to ORD. For downtown Chicago, MDW is closer, although ORD is better if your destination is the northern suburbs or Wisconsin.

Try checking if there's a better flight inti MDW from MSP for you. Alternatively, can you reroute through DTW rather than MSP for a better schedule?
Old Nov 23, 2014, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
From MSP, DL operates almost as many flights to MDW as to ORD. For downtown Chicago, MDW is closer, although ORD is better if your destination is the northern suburbs or Wisconsin.

Try checking if there's a better flight inti MDW from MSP for you. Alternatively, can you reroute through DTW rather than MSP for a better schedule?
I was only kidding about DL reducing the schedule from MSP to CHI. I fly that route once a month, or more. It was obviously a DL.com re-booking glitch.

Here's something I've NEVER seen before . . . .

As I mentioned a few posts back, my itin on DL.com showed that I was rebooked into a 6 hour layover LAX/MSP/ORD starting at LAX on the 12:50 AM redeye. I figured that, since I'm now arriving at ORD at 2:30 PM, instead of around 8:30 AM, the DM agents would allow me to change it to a 7:10 departure LAX/DTW/ORD, instead of the redeye.

When I called, I was told that their system DID NOT show me with a 6+ hour layover arriving at ORD at 2:30 PM - - I was rebooked onto a 55~ minute connection arriving at ORD around the same time as my original flight, so, they wouldn't let me change it. When I told the agent that it showed a 6 hour connection, she DIDN'T believe me! I HUACA, and same thing!

I logged out and refreshed a few times, and on DL.com, it STILL showed the 6 hour connection! Only after I clicked "ACCEPT" to accept the changes, did it show the "normal" 55 minute connection at MSP from the redeye.

So, I'll keep the redeye and hope for another schedule change between now and Jan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.