Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skyteam - TPA Int'l Routes??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2014, 8:16 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by davetravels
Are you aware that you have 2 nonstops to LAX??? What more do you want?!?!

Haha, yes on the oh so lovely A320. What a miserable ride coming back onto red eye. Have had to take that one to many times.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 8:56 pm

I think the best you can hope for from Skyteam at TPA is AM flying to MEX. I think there have been discussions in the past, but who knows if it would happen.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 9:02 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
The current president of TPA has done a great job at getting airlines to expand their international service down here. First we had Copa to PTY and more recently, LH to FRA. I do believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he said he was also working with AM to get service to MEX.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 9:03 pm
mdb

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Would you be connecting to any of the ~25 trans-Atlantic destinations served by DL from ATL or JFK? If so, TPA-FRA-XXX may not be any better than TPA-ATL or JFK-XXX.
Have you been to jfk? It is a terrible place to connect. So many variables and such high likely hood of delays
Old Nov 22, 2014, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
My guess is that Atlanta is just too close to Tampa. No need for more international flights from an airport 400 miles away.
Yeah, that's very short. He can drive to ATL instead. The flight is very short. He had to go to ATL and leave his car at the airports.

Originally Posted by mdb
Have you been to jfk? It is a terrible place to connect. So many variables and such high likely hood of delays
Yes, I have been at JFK for 7 times. It's terrible. I didn't like it at all. I avoid flying JFK. The weather is so bad out there.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Originally Posted by Boltman519
For some yes, mine is only $980 a year as I live inland.
How far inland do you live? Are you really in "Tampa", or Orlampa? Most properties on my side of town are in the $7000 range, which may be on the higher end of hillsborough. Heck, even in Pasco, I can't see one being lower than $2500
Old Nov 22, 2014, 9:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LBJ
Certainly. I would say TPA-LHR is definitely outside the range of a 757. I think the longest flight NW ever did was DTW-FRA which is 4161 miles and they only flew it seasonally because it couldn't make it back in the winter due to the jetstream. TPA-LHR is 4411 miles.
HUH? PMNW flew TPAC between a number of destinations. MSP-NRT is roughly 50% longer in distance than DTW-FRA and the DTW-NRT flights would be a bit farther. In fact, at one point, the PMNW KIX nonstop--on a 747--was the longest scheduled nonstop commercial airline flight at 13 hours and 26 minutes.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
HUH? PMNW flew TPAC between a number of destinations. MSP-NRT is roughly 50% longer in distance than DTW-FRA and the DTW-NRT flights would be a bit farther. In fact, at one point, the PMNW KIX nonstop--on a 747--was the longest scheduled nonstop commercial airline flight at 13 hours and 26 minutes.
I'm fairly certain LBJ was referencing 757 routes. It's quite well known that NW operated several routes across the pacific
Old Nov 22, 2014, 10:09 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I'm guessing you didn't read every post . . . . This particular chit-chat is about whether or not a DL/NW B752 can fly as far as TPA/LHR or CDG.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 10:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
I'm guessing you didn't read every post . . . . This particular chit-chat is about whether or not a DL/NW B752 can fly as far as TPA/LHR or CDG.
I understand that. However the post I quoted stated definitively that the FRA route was the longest PMNW flight ever. Maybe a smiley was needed here. Someone apparently thinks that a lot of PMNW passengers went swimming.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 10:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Denolloyd
How far inland do you live? Are you really in "Tampa", or Orlampa? Most properties on my side of town are in the $7000 range, which may be on the higher end of hillsborough. Heck, even in Pasco, I can't see one being lower than $2500
AF/KL fly from MCO...
Old Nov 22, 2014, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
AF/KL fly from MCO...
You sure about that? AF stopped their MCO flights some time ago, unless they have recently restarted?

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...gaulle-airport

VS though, does have routes to MCO from LGW and MAN.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 10:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Denolloyd
You sure about that? AF stopped their MCO flights some time ago, unless they have recently restarted?

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...gaulle-airport
Looks like you're right. In fact, TATL service from MCO does not amount to much either...
Old Nov 22, 2014, 10:48 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I understand that. However the post I quoted stated definitively that the FRA route was the longest PMNW flight ever. Maybe a smiley was needed here. Someone apparently thinks that a lot of PMNW passengers went swimming.
Yes, but the post LBJ quoted was:

Originally Posted by michael_v
I bet one of the considerations was distance and range, what airport can we serve LHR with a 757? TPA-LHR is too close for comfort for a 757.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
The current president of TPA has done a great job at getting airlines to expand their international service down here. First we had Copa to PTY and more recently, LH to FRA. I do believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he said he was also working with AM to get service to MEX.
It's easy to dole out tax payers' money to attract airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.