Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

flight attendants taking 1st class cookies

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

flight attendants taking 1st class cookies

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:02 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
Wait, we can take toner cartridges from the office?
Haha. If only they were compatible with my home printer!

But seriously if readywhenyouare is making a comparison to pilfering office supplies, then at least be honest about it. The cost of a cookie is on par with printing a personal document on the office printer, or a couple paper clips... maybe a a nice large binder clip at most.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:20 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by bubbashow
I know with many it's always fun to take the first offramp to crazy. I really am shocked we haven't gotten to a post about a DOT complaint or a class-action lawsuit. HOWEVER, did you ever think that there might have been a catering error and 1/2 or more of the meals DIDN'T get cookies on the tray? If that happened, it would probably be easier to take the cookies off of all trays than explain why the GM in 3D got a cookie and the DM in 1B didn't. I could actually see that causing "outrage" on here as well.

BTW....I ALWAYS offer my Dancing Deer (fill in the dessert) to my flight attendant. I don't eat extra sugar, and I don't like those cookies/brownies
There will be a class action, the demand will be for one cookie per DL FF, and the class lawyers will take 40% of the cookies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4iU9XxtxTM
Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:23 am
Suspended

Programs: DM
Reading these threads causes me to look around when I fly and wonder if I'm really flying with "those" people.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: BA, VS, SU
Let's have pax sign for and pose with food items they eat for proof that the FAs did not eat them.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by dadamn
Haha. If only they were compatible with my home printer!

But seriously if readywhenyouare is making a comparison to pilfering office supplies, then at least be honest about it. The cost of a cookie is on par with printing a personal document on the office printer, or a couple paper clips... maybe a a nice large binder clip at most.
Are you sure about that? Have you seen the prices for Dancing Deer Cookies?! These aren't Chips Ahoy we're talking about here.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Scatter
Isn't there a "Most ridiculous thing to whine about" thread some where?
^ +1
Old Aug 5, 2014, 11:13 am

I think the only way to fight this is to make a stink about it. Firmly but politely tell the FA you will not tolerate them having first dibs from your meal. As far as writing letters - well, I think the airlines don't care enough to do anything about it other than send a few miles your way.

I have FA friends that do this all the time. The airlines for the most part turn a blind eye - they care a hell of a lot less about food theft than about the gate agent giving the upgrade to their friend...

The most egregious case I had was on Continental when my lunch tray showed up without the fruit that everyone around me had. I even went up to the galley and asked politely if they had any fruit left - answer was "No, Sir!". 20 minutes later I walked past the galley on the way to the toilet to see that same FA eating a fruit cup (on FC china of course).

US carrier FAs have no moral hold-ups or fear about pilfering food before it is offered to paying passengers. Think ravens or seagulls...
Old Aug 5, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by Scatter
Isn't there a "Most ridiculous thing to whine about" thread some where?
It was archived when the thread poster passed away.

Back OT, OP cites two flights. The first one sounds like bad FA behavior, if true, and assuming the cookies were supposed to be part of the F meal. The second one seems a bit more ambiguous.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 12:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
Dancing Deer - a beloved reminder of our beloved Northwest...
Sigh....I'll give the wrapped Dancing Deer items to FAs if those wonderful PMNW small plated dinner desserts come back. I still have fond memories of the tiny slices of flourless chocolate cake or cheesecake with a puddle of raspberry sauce.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: Delta DM
IBFTL?

Its a cookie.....its just a cookie!
Old Aug 5, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I still have fond memories of the tiny slices of flourless chocolate cake
That cake was amazing! I often suggested they should open a bakery, I would have bought it in a second.

Sigh, I miss NW...
Old Aug 5, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL-DM, 2MM; AA,QF,UA, WN. Every imaginable hotel program
So dishonesty is OK in situations deemed to be unimportant by a particular observer?

My observation is that someone who is dishonest in "little" things is much more likely to be dishonest in "big" things.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 12:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If the FAs are taking unopened Dancing Deers and other packaged items from among the leftovers on FC meal trays or anything from the trays of passengers who decline their meals, I have no issues with this practice. It's better than the food being wasted. [Indeed, I've benefitted from this a few times when I didn't like the main course(s) available to me and begged for another bag of whatever.] It's even better if the FAs are giving the leftover wrapped goodies to UMs, etc. in the back.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DLFan2
So dishonesty is OK in situations deemed to be unimportant by a particular observer?

My observation is that someone who is dishonest in "little" things is much more likely to be dishonest in "big" things.
^ Yes, this is the point I was trying to make. I realize that this is just a cookie that could probably be picked up for $2 at any grocery store but it was still not the flight attendants to take. The OP said that first class passengers did not receive any dessert. They did not receive the service they should have and the flight attendants took something that did not belong to them.

I find it funny how hypocritical some people can be. There is one member in this thread who previously posted how he thought it was tacky for customers to refill their drink cup at self-service restaurants. But for some reason he doesn't seem to think it is tacky for the flight attendants to take the cookies off the meal trays. I find that odd.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If the FAs are taking unopened Dancing Deers and other packaged items from among the leftovers on FC meal trays or anything from the trays of passengers who decline their meals, I have no issues with this practice. It's better than the food being wasted. [Indeed, I've benefitted from this a few times when I didn't like the main course(s) available to me and begged for another bag of whatever.] It's even better if the FAs are giving the leftover wrapped goodies to UMs, etc. in the back.
This is what I was thinking too, sometimes people decline to be served a meal... what is the policy for dealing with those extra trays?

Seems a bit of a stretch, but maybe the FA saved the cookie from a previous flight, and the caterers really did mess up and not load desserts for your flight. Unless you saw the FA with like, all 12 cookies or something, there's no real way to know for sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.