Wiki Posts
Search

Companion Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2014, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT; PriorityClub Gold
Companion Upgrade

Apologize if this information is elsewhere, I did try search and delta.com first.

Companion and I flying on the same PNR, I understand that I'm bumped down to the 24 hour window. However when I sign into delta.com, instead of the usual "Medallion Upgrade Requested", it says "Upgrade Eligible".

I called the Medallion Desk to see what they said and she explained the rules - I understand the rules. Just want to see if that's what it should say if the upgrade is pending with a companion vs. normal verbiage.

Thank you.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 7:32 pm

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
It should say "MEDALLION UPGRADE REQUESTED" for both you and your companion. I just got off the phone with the Platinum line to have them change 3 of my recently booked PNRs which previously said "UPGRADE ELIGIBLE" to each segment for me and my companion.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by ECPAAFlyer
Apologize if this information is elsewhere, I did try search and delta.com first.

Companion and I flying on the same PNR, I understand that I'm bumped down to the 24 hour window. However when I sign into delta.com, instead of the usual "Medallion Upgrade Requested", it says "Upgrade Eligible".

I called the Medallion Desk to see what they said and she explained the rules - I understand the rules. Just want to see if that's what it should say if the upgrade is pending with a companion vs. normal verbiage.
That's wrong. It looks (to DL's computer) like you requested not to be upgraded (or failed to request the upgrade when you bought the ticket).
Old Jul 29, 2014, 3:35 pm

This happened to me on a flight I booked last week, too; everything was set up to request upgrades, but once the flight was booked, all four legs of the itinerary were set to "Upgrade Eligible" for both me and my companion. (My companion also has a Skymiles number but no Medallion status.)

I called Delta and they did something on their end that changed them all to Medallion Upgrade Requested as they should be. I know upgrades are still not likely, but at least this way there's a chance.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 4:50 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by fishsupreme
This happened to me on a flight I booked last week, too; everything was set up to request upgrades, but once the flight was booked, all four legs of the itinerary were set to "Upgrade Eligible" for both me and my companion. (My companion also has a Skymiles number but no Medallion status.)
This happened to me as well recently, on both solo and companion itineraries. I called the Medallion line and they fixed it. Not sure why it happened in the first place... booked these via delta.com, logged in. (Maybe I wasn't logged in when I started the booking?)
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, DL MM, Marriott Gold
I have an upcoming reservation for Mrs CVGREF and I on the same PNR. My reservation doesn't show "Medallion Upgrade Requested" or "Upgrade Eligible". Instead it says "Upgrade Not Available At This Time". Anyone know the significance of that?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by CVGREF
I have an upcoming reservation for Mrs CVGREF and I on the same PNR. My reservation doesn't show "Medallion Upgrade Requested" or "Upgrade Eligible". Instead it says "Upgrade Not Available At This Time". Anyone know the significance of that?
Yes, call and have them fix it. Something got screwed up in the system thinking you denied an upgrade request. It needs to say upgrade requested or its not going to work.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, call and have them fix it. Something got screwed up in the system thinking you denied an upgrade request. It needs to say upgrade requested or its not going to work.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.