Wiki Posts
Search

GoGo works on iPad but not iPhone

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2014, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
GoGo works on iPad but not iPhone

I never have had this happen, but on both flights today (BNA-ATL-OKC) Gogo worked on my iPad4 but not my iP5S. Well, the DL app worked on my iP5S but nothing else.

I was trying to watch Roland Garros and wanted to use the $8 mobile pass that would have covered both flights.

Anyone else have this happen or do I need to look at the Apple forums for answers?
Old Jun 5, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Complain to GoGo, they'll refund you (or more likely give you a credit for the same value for a future flight)
Old Jun 5, 2014, 10:20 am
Original Poster

I will contact GoGo but I hope this does not repeat because in 11 days I will be on a 12 hr 744 with Wifi.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:38 pm

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
Thought video streaming was banned...
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Thought video streaming was banned...
Using streaming video from the Roland Garros web means being one game (or more) behind live action so by "watch" I meant using their web "live scores". Also the video feed can at times be anything but clear.

You do know that GoGo is marketing movies that they want us to purchase from them, no?

http://content.gogoair.com/emailoffe...gv_15p&channel
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:48 pm

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
No.

I was under the impression you were logging into your SlingBox at home...which I would have to imagine is blocked.

Back to your OP...no idea why one device works, and one does not... Have you installed all the latest "updates" for the apps? Are both devices running the same iOS version?
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Yes and yes. No SlingBox as the streaming video was from the ESPN app but I rarely used it.

On both flights, nothing (including I think the Amazon app that used to be 'free'?) worked on my iPhone other than the DL app and even that was not stable as I remember it. BNA-ATL is such a short flight that I did not reach for the iPad until flying ATL-OKC.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by Xeno
I never have had this happen, but on both flights today (BNA-ATL-OKC) Gogo worked on my iPad4 but not my iP5S. Well, the DL app worked on my iP5S but nothing else.

I was trying to watch Roland Garros and wanted to use the $8 mobile pass that would have covered both flights.

Anyone else have this happen or do I need to look at the Apple forums for answers?
Were you logged in one and trying to log on the other at the same time? If so that will not work. You can only be logged in one device at a time
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler

I have found with my phone that had the issue (an android) that if you use the GoGo APP to login it should work.

I could then also use it to tether to my laptop to use the service and use the $8 rate and have both online
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:58 pm

What troubleshooting steps did you already take?

Did you open the browser and try to connect? Sometimes the window to login to gogo (or any other wireless) doesn't always popup and you need to open Safari and try to navigate to a website to trigger Gogo's login screen.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
Were you logged in one and trying to log on the other at the same time? If so that will not work. You can only be logged in one device at a time
This. Sounds like the OP was logged in the iPad and therefore not on the iPhone, which explains why only the DL app (as well as www.delta.com presumably) was working on the iPhone.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

BNA-ATL, I only tried to connect with my iPhone. When the iPhone would still not connect ATL-OKC, I then gave up and got connected on the iPad.

Yes, I repeatedly tried to use Safari to login to Gogo but always got the message "Gogo is temporarily unavailable" and offered three reasons why this might the case.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 2:33 pm
Suspended

BNA-ATL, I only tried to connect with my iPhone. When the iPhone would still not connect ATL-OKC, I then gave up and got connected on the iPad.

Yes, I repeatedly tried to use Safari to login to Gogo but always got the message "Gogo is temporarily unavailable" and offered three reasons why this might the case.
Not an "I" person but is there not a GoGo APP for the iPad also?
Old Jun 5, 2014, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Delta Points
Not an "I" person but is there not a GoGo APP for the iPad also?
I did not install the iOS GoGo apps until I saw your post and decided to see if that would make a difference for my next trip (in 11 days). As I say, up through last Saturday I do not remember not being able to connect with my iP5S (7.1.1.)
Old Jun 5, 2014, 3:14 pm
Suspended

I did not install the iOS GoGo apps until I saw your post and decided to see if that would make a difference for my next trip (in 11 days). As I say, up through last Saturday I do not remember not being able to connect with my iP5S (7.1.1.)
Neat report back please. Also, and again don't pound me for not knowing iPhone stuff, is there any way to tether an iPhone to a MAC or laptop and share the internet off the phone like with an Android?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.