Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any way to get economy comfort free?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2014, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Any way to get economy comfort free?

I know this is a dumb question and I'm pretty sure the answer is no....but I thought I'd try anyways.

I fly UA, and get the E+, but unfortunately, I have to fly Delta. I know Delta is a good airline but I am not a medallion. Is there any way to get economy comfort free for a domestic flight?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Same with UA, don't have a seat assignment and hope that only economy comfort is available and you can get one. Although it could completely backfire and the odds of you ending up in one is smaller as there arent as many EC seats as UA E+
Old Apr 24, 2014, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
You could ask the GA, but in many cases, at least on the flights I take, EC is often close to full or completely booked since availability is limited.

Ultimately, if you want to fit there, your best bet is to pay for it.

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...t-seating.html for details. This should help you in deciding whether it is worth the $.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 7:22 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
The OP will probably have better luck getting an exit row asking the GA.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:08 pm

I was upgraded from Y to EC once after a missed connection that resulted in an overnight stay. However, I'm guessing you would rather avoid that scenario if possible.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:27 pm

FREE for Diamond/ Platinum/ Gold Medallion, and Y, B & M fares
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by bmw303
I know this is a dumb question and I'm pretty sure the answer is no....but I thought I'd try anyways.

I fly UA, and get the E+, but unfortunately, I have to fly Delta. I know Delta is a good airline but I am not a medallion. Is there any way to get economy comfort free for a domestic flight?
My trick for doing this works about 95% of the time, but I really don't want to post it on a public forum.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:54 pm

If you're not a Medallion, you have the following options (which I do not necessarily encourage nor endorse):

1. Ask the gate agent.
2. Flirt with the gate agent (regardless of gender), and then try 1.
3. Bribe an EC passenger to switch with you.
4. Sneakily switch into an EC seat and hope the flight attendant doesn't notice. Avoid death stares of people already in EC.
5. Hack into Delta's computer system, and assign yourself an EC seat.
5b. If you successfully complete 5, give me Triple Diamond status for life (PM for my Skymiles #; I don't want to post it here).
6. Pray for a flight disruption and that you are auto-assigned to an EC seat.
7. Cause a flight disruption and then try 6.
8. Complain that something is wrong with your assigned seat and ask to be switched to an EC seat.
9. Break your assigned seat and then try 8.
10. Calmly explain to the flight attendant that you are clinically claustrophobic and that sitting in a seat with a lighter blue headrest will create the illusion of a more spacious seat and is thus a medical necessity.

There are others, but I can't think of them right now.

Last edited by SansSerif; Apr 24, 2014 at 10:04 pm
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:22 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG GOLD, UA DIRT, AA PLAT, US (RIP), Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by bmw303

try a status match
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by SansSerif
If you're not a Medallion, you have the following options (which I do not necessarily encourage nor endorse):

1. Ask the gate agent.
2. Flirt with the gate agent (regardless of gender), and then try 1.
3. Bribe an EC passenger to switch with you.
4. Sneakily switch into an EC seat and hope the flight attendant doesn't notice. Avoid death stares of people already in EC.
5. Hack into Delta's computer system, and assign yourself an EC seat.
5b. If you successfully complete 5, give me Triple Diamond status for life (PM for my Skymiles #; I don't want to post it here).
6. Pray for a flight disruption and that you are auto-assigned to an EC seat.
7. Cause a flight disruption and then try 6.
8. Complain that something is wrong with your assigned seat and ask to be switched to an EC seat.
9. Break your assigned seat and then try 8.
10. Calmly explain to the flight attendant that you are clinically claustrophobic and that sitting in a seat with a lighter blue headrest will create the illusion of a more spacious seat and is thus a medical necessity.

There are others, but I can't think of them right now.
LOL.

Can I get in on 5b?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:58 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by rwoman
Ultimately, if you want to fit there, your best bet is to pay for it. .
So is that WECBEC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.