Search

Seat 1A old BE A330-200?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2014, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM | FB Platinum
Seat 1A old BE A330-200?

Hi guys,

Up until yesterday DL 400 for April 9 showed the new BE and I was seating in 5A.
As luck (or lack of it) would have it, this morning it shows old BE sleeper seats, and I was relocated to 4B. Wanting to keep the window I relocated myself to 1A, but I am not familiar with the aircraft and wonder if there is indeed less leg room in 1A.
Last time I flew that old product I was seating in 5A which had great legroom but it's not available at this point.

If anyone wants to share insight that would be great.

Thanks!
Old Apr 8, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: dl platinum
I felt row 1 was comfortable for 9 hour flight I had on a330 last summer. No issues with leg room and I am 6'1
Old Apr 8, 2014, 11:25 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
I think there's plenty of leg room. I could still get around the person in the aisle seat when they were fully reclined and sleeping.

I'd actually choose 1A or 1J due to the extra room, in fact.

Last edited by kitkat77; Apr 8, 2014 at 2:47 pm
Old Apr 8, 2014, 12:09 pm

At least you're not on the flight tonight...inbound delayed. 10hr20min from CDG-JFK?? What kind of headwind is that? 200mph+??

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/D...140Z/LFPG/KJFK
Old Apr 8, 2014, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by SEUS777
At least you're not on the flight tonight...inbound delayed. 10hr20min from CDG-JFK?? What kind of headwind is that? 200mph+??

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/D...140Z/LFPG/KJFK
Looks to be more that they sat on the ground for a while after closing the door, not taking off until almost 4PM local.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Amazing, in that there is only ONE 332 in the fleet that has either not been through mods or is currently in them, and ALL of the 333s have been done--or are in progress.

What are the chances of hitting the only frickin one left that hasn't been redone--and will be in mods within the next week or so.

Having said that, since it is what it is, the bulkhead seats (like the 1A you selected) have tons of extra room, and it would be easy to get into the aisle around the person in 1B.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM | FB Platinum
Originally Posted by atl runner
Amazing, in that there is only ONE 332 in the fleet that has either not been through mods or is currently in them, and ALL of the 333s have been done--or are in progress.

What are the chances of hitting the only frickin one left that hasn't been redone--and will be in mods within the next week or so.

Having said that, since it is what it is, the bulkhead seats (like the 1A you selected) have tons of extra room, and it would be easy to get into the aisle around the person in 1B.
I know, right?! That's what I thought to myself also, and since I really wanted to sleep on that flight I just changed myself to the EWR-CDG

Thanks a lot guys for the feedback guys!
Old Apr 8, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Gwilly
I know, right?! That's what I thought to myself also, and since I really wanted to sleep on that flight I just changed myself to the EWR-CDG

Thanks a lot guys for the feedback guys!
Good move. N855NW is going to be DL 400 tomorrow.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N...209Z/KJFK/LFPG
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:17 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
So how do I find the tail number on Flightaware if I know the flight number?
Old Apr 9, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by gator21
Good move. N855NW is going to be DL 400 tomorrow.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N...209Z/KJFK/LFPG
Really, really good move. The difference between lie-flat and those hideous angled lie-flats is HUGE.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by puddinhead
So how do I find the tail number on Flightaware if I know the flight number?
You don't... not easily. I believe FlightAware mentioned somewhere that its license for the data does not permit it to do this.

You can brute force your way into it... start with a list of all the registration numbers for the equipment type operating your flight, punch them in one at a time, and see which one is actually scheduled for your flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.