Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Error opening link from DL for mobile boarding pass on WP8 and IE11?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2014, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL: 2MM/DM Marriott: LT Platinum

Not sure if others have run into this, but I use WP8 OS on Nokia Lumia (I know that there are too many of us out there). When I ask DL website to send me a link to mobile boarding pass, I get a text that looks like

http://ebp.delta.com/mobiqa/c/abcd1234/1234abcd

I used to be able to click on this link and see the boarding pass on my WP8 phone just fine. However, since last three to four months (after a WP8 software update) this link no longer works - the IE browser thinks for a while and says Error Loading Page.

For jollies, I entered the exact URL on Internet Explorer (IE11) on my Windows 8 laptop . While I don't get an error message, all I get is a blank page instead. When I enter the exact URL in Firefox browser in Windows 8 laptop, the link opens fine and shows the boarding pass.

When I snooped the TCP traffic (so I am a geek!), it seems like DL is returning an extra line with '0' (zero) after the HTTP header and <html>...</html> which is confusing IE on WP8 and Windows 8 platform. Normally one would expect:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Content-Type: ...
<html>...</html>

Instead DL website is returning:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Content-Type: ...
<html>...</html>

0 <---- This extra line is messing up IE

I sent this report in detail to Delta tech support and other than thank you for submitting the report, didn't get any resolution .

Has anyone else run into this? Any workarounds? The WP8 FlyDelta app works spottily and once I check-in from website it won't let me check-in again, so that not much of an option.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 9:26 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Try running IE in compatibility mode.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by puddinhead
Try running IE in compatibility mode.
Thanks - that worked like a charm on desktop IE11. Couldn't find a setting to do the same on Windows Phone 8 (WP8).
Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:02 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb./LTP
Also a WP8-er here. I've never had an issue opening boarding passes from the DL text. In your IE settings, what is your website preference? Mine is set to mobile version, FWIW.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Can you use something like wget to download it to the phone, then edit locally?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Problem solved on WP8 as well. I had an alternative browser app (UC Browser) and essentially, IE invoked the UC browser to view the image (UC Browser must have registered itself as the app to display images). I uninstalled the UC Browser app. Then when I clicked on the link, WP8 IE didn't know what app to use to display the image (it was looking for Nokia Creative Studio to view the image but could not find it even though I had it installed). I uninstalled the Nokia Creative Studio as well and now I can see the boarding pass! Thanks everyone for suggestions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.