Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

FBI: Off-Duty Pilot Groped Girl, 14, On Delta Flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2013, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card

An off-duty pilot traveling on a Delta Air Lines flight Saturday allegedly groped the buttocks of a sleeping 14-year-old girl who was seated next to him and flying as an unaccompanied minor, The Smoking Gun has learned.

Michael James Pascal, 45, was named yesterday in a felony complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Salt Lake City, Utah. Pascal, who works as a Delta Connection pilot, was charged with abusive sexual contact on an aircraft.

According to FBI Agent Cameron Smilie, Pascal and the teenage victim were traveling on Delta Flight #855, which departed Detroit at 5:45 PM Saturday and arrived in Salt Lake City about three hours later.

The teenager said she later fell asleep in a seated position “with her legs pulled close to her chest and her feet on her seat.” When she awoke, the girl recalled, she noticed Pascal’s hand “under the left cheek of her buttocks.” The hand, she noted, was “far enough under her buttocks that his fingers were touching her inner thigh.”

Agent Smilie reported that the girl described feeling Pascal’s hand as “being palm up and feeling him gripping her buttocks but not moving.” The armrest between her and Pascal “was in the upright position” and some of Pascal’s body weight was on her.

Pascal’s eyes were open and he “was clearly awake,” the teenager told investigators.

Full story:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...ssenger-675432

If this is true this OO pilot is very in serious trouble.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/delta-pilot-butt-grab

Last edited by kettle1; Oct 29, 2013 at 5:47 pm Reason: correction thanks jaloola
Old Oct 29, 2013, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA PRO, AS 100K
Originally Posted by kettle1
Michael James Pascal, 45, was named yesterday in a felony complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Salt Lake City, Utah. Pascal, who works as a Delta Connection pilot, was charged with abusive sexual contact on an aircraft.
No disrespect intended to SkyWest, but wouldn't that make him an OO Pilot?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by kettle1
was charged with abusive sexual contact on an aircraft.
Who knew there was such a charge?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 11:06 pm

Programs: DL DM & 1MM
I am not sure why the location changes the nature of the offense, whether in the air, or on the ground, or in a boat...
Old Oct 29, 2013, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dEagleS
I am not sure why the location changes the nature of the offense, whether in the air, or on the ground, or in a boat...
Jurisdiction.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 12:07 am

Programs: AA PRO, AS 100K
Originally Posted by indufan
Jurisdiction.
I believe dEagleS was referring to the double standard we often seem to apply to matters of jurisprudence, often fueled by how the media enjoys taking something and running with it, not the basis for FBI involvement.

In other words, even though one is fifteen times more likely to get raped in the United States, apparently it only matters when it occurs in India. (sarcasm)

Last edited by jaloola; Oct 30, 2013 at 1:55 am
Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:14 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Put a blue uniform on them and they can they get away with doing it on a daily basis in airports across the US.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:47 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by hockeystl
Put a blue uniform on them and they can they get away with doing it on a daily basis in airports across the US.
Probably not the "clearly awake" part, though.

Didn't this guy have a background check? Isn't he permitted access to the "sterile" area just by waving his badge? How could this have happened??
Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:51 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by hockeystl
This
Old Oct 30, 2013, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
He says he was asleep. Maybe he was. Maybe he wasn't.

Similar things have happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2pu0m9iTo4
Old Oct 30, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: Delta FO, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Gold, Nat'l Exec, Amex Plat
Federal charge. States can't charge someone for a crime aboard an aircraft.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Yes, he will faces child molesting charge. He will go to prison for years. He will never work for airlines again.

What a shame!!! He shouldn't never touch with the young girl. He have to stay away from there.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 11:52 am

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Spiff
Didn't this guy have a background check? Isn't he permitted access to the "sterile" area just by waving his badge? How could this have happened??
He probably did, but background checks usually focus on past criminal activity and the potential security risk of non-sexual natures. As does frequently happen, a sexual assault can be impossible to predict if the applicant's record is clean. I've never heard of pilots being required to perform psychological tests to screen pilots with boundary issues. Maybe they'll start some day.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 2:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This does cast doubt on the wisdom of some carrier's policies to seat their own employees next to UMs. It becomes a liability issue even if the employee is no more likely than a random stranger to be a predator.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by northwest_buckeye
Federal charge. States can't charge someone for a crime aboard an aircraft.
Yeah, this is my industry, I got it. I just didn't think they would be so specific.

Originally Posted by N830MH
He will go to prison for years.
If I am ever charged with a crime, I hope you don't get selected for the jury.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.