Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Changes to BusinessElite Mileage Redemption and Award Hold policy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to BusinessElite Mileage Redemption and Award Hold policy

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2013, 10:51 am

Programs: DL PM, AS MVPG, Hyatt DIA, PC PLAT, Club Carl Gold, HH Gold, Accor Dia
Originally Posted by Stubtify
Check DTW-CDG June 17th, Alaska shows AF flight, DL doesn't. I think you're getting ahead of yourself, and giving DL too much credit.
That date shows as AVAILABLE on Dl.com
Old Aug 14, 2013, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by OLYflyer
That date shows as AVAILABLE on Dl.com
Hmm it is there. I see it now. Maybe this is good news.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:00 am

Programs: DL DM 2mm, AA EXP mm, UA SL, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
I am glad the government is opposing the AA/US merger. The industry is already too concentrated. The UA/CO merger should have been opposed, too. The more concentrated, the more likely we will see substantial price increases for paid tickets and award travel and a reduction in benefits in FF programs.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
These changes are clearly aimed at all you gamers who somehow managed to find low BE awards despite the award calendar's best efforts.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:03 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by ConciergeBrandon
Quote:

Originally Posted by DwayneSkyMiles

"More than one million Award Seats per year are held by members who don’t use them which negatively impacts other members’ Award Seat access."

Rule/excuse number one: blame the customers.
Rule/excuse number two: use the same rule/excuse for every 'enhancement'.

Remember the 72-hour rule?

Quote:

We’ll be checking back periodically for your comments or clarifications if something isn’t clear.

Please define 'periodically'. Thanks.
Half-life of a proton.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
Quote:

Originally Posted by DwayneSkyMiles

Many of you have experienced first hand our significant investments in products over the past several years. In June 2014, we will be the only U.S. carrier to offer full flat-bed seats with direct aisle access in Business Class across our entire wide-body fleet. Our premium cabins will also soon offer new, on-demand in-flight entertainment options and we are in the process of adding in-flight Wi-Fi on our long-haul international aircraft scheduled to be complete by 2015. We've also partnered with premium brands Westin and Tumi on new bedding and amenity kits and we're introducing new dining options.

As a result, we’ve recognized the need for adjustments to our low mileage redemption levels for select international Award Tickets in BusinessElite.

Makes sense, except the J service and food is hardly elite. The hard product is good but you should improve the entire experience before charging extra for it. I am getting really tired of spending $7-8K and being starved when I get off the airplane.

As if it were not already almost impossible to find low J on an award now the price goes up without added value?
They already charge way more than any US-based carrier and they are all going to flat beds too, DL will just get there first.

It takes a constant effort to be the worst at something. Congrats!
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:05 am

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by rylan
They know exactly what they're doing... constant devaluations that are small to medium in nature. People get upset, and it starts to die down in a couple months just in time for the next announcement, at which time they'll be focused on the new one and forget about the prior ones.

Add it all up and it comes to effectively dismantling the program.
I think you have posted about this before, possibly with the Sky Club Liquor. Same point.

Anyways, can you or someone post a list of everything that's changed in the past few years? Sort of like a balance of payments sheet (positive/negative instead of credit/debit) and we can keep score and see it on paper?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:07 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
'We realize that most Kettles redeem for domestic awards and the once in a lifetime international trip in coach....'

So instead, we're going to hit our frequent flyers and business customers where it hurts.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hobo13
'We realize that most Kettles redeem for domestic awards and the once in a lifetime international trip in coach....'

So instead, we're going to hit our frequent flyers and business customers where it hurts.
This
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:12 am

I love that the merged thread has a FT member scooping the DL rep. Not that anyone cares, but I too am done with any revenue flying on DL.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: DL PM,
Absolutely correct!

Originally Posted by DLGrkItalNY
Lets be real about these changes.

DL has way too many SkyPesos on the books and they're hitting the bottom line.

Shareholder value (and a demonic Revenue Management) department are driving this with a need to probably reduce the SkyPesos(TM) balance by at least 25%....

Rather than open up the already tight award spaces for a period of time, and letting people burn their miles, they're doing another bend over job.

And telling us how we like it while they're at it...

Delta stop blaming the customer and blame yourselves for the sh*t pile you've created.

If you're gonna hit me in the rear, at least make it enjoyable for me.
+++++ 1 MILLION!!!!!!!!!
You are ABSOLUTELY correct......Delta has too many miles on the books and it is starting to become a nightmare for them.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by tmontemb
I think you have posted about this before, possibly with the Sky Club Liquor. Same point.

Anyways, can you or someone post a list of everything that's changed in the past few years? Sort of like a balance of payments sheet (positive/negative instead of credit/debit) and we can keep score and see it on paper?
Positive
Miles never expire
SPG Crossover Rewards
Pay With Miles earns MQMs when redeemed for First/Business Class
200% earning on full F/J fares
Choice benefits (positive for DMs)
Flat beds in BE
Economy Comfort
Widespread roll-out of Gogo
High BE award mileage requirements decreased for some regions

Neutral
Rollover MQMs (benefit, but at cost of inflated elite ranks)
Choice benefits (less SWUs if chosen by PMs, but more options like gifting status or selecting an eCert)
FCM (fewer complimentary upgrades, but cheap confirmed upgrades for those buying last minute tickets)

Negative
T-72
Non-combinable/non-transferable eCerts
Same fare class requirement for Same Day Confirmed
Sky Club beverage changes
Sky Club membership fee increase
Splitting Asia into multiple regions and accompanying award chart increases
Class of service bonus eliminated for M fares
M fare price increases
Slashed earnings on partner airlines
Stealth devaluation to SWUs and mileage upgrades under fare class realignment
(Rumored) devaluation of SWU usage on KLM
Change/cancellation fee increase
SkyMiles death tax
Increase in Low BE mileage redemption levels
Elimination of award hold policy

Unable to categorize
MQD

Last edited by javabytes; Aug 14, 2013 at 11:33 am
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: DL DM
It seems like there is plenty of 60k seats in Y from MCO-LGW on VS, but I can't pull up any F or Premium Y.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by HongKonger
Half-life of a proton.
Proton doesn't have half life?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
This might increase the appeal of this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...quirement.html

NOTE: AA has now pulled down this offer.

Last edited by rwoman; Aug 14, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.