Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Dedicated Flat Bed Routes and domestic lie-flat / flat bed routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dedicated Flat Bed Routes and domestic lie-flat / flat bed routes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2013, 8:37 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by MS02113
The only routes in the continental U.S. with regularly scheduled flat bed service are JFK-LAX/SFO/SEA (and returns). Among these three routes, only those flights operated with 767-300ER (76W) aircraft will have flat beds until the 757-200 (75E) fleet has been retrofitted with new BusinessElite cabins.

Delta hasn't announced any plans for domestic BusinessElite service to PDX.
Thanks. Though I often fly ATL-LAX and back in lie-flat.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by paterwdb
Thanks. Though I often fly ATL-LAX and back in lie-flat.
True, you'll sometimes encounter internationally-configured aircraft on "ordinary" domestic routes as said aircraft are repositioned throughout the system. The hard product is BusinessElite, as you know, but the soft product is standard domestic first class and the flat beds are by no means guaranteed.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 11:26 am

any update on DTW-AMS for lie flat seats?
any timeline
Old Jan 14, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: Delta DM
SEA-PVG

We just flew on a refurbished A330-200 (3L2) from SEA-PVG in BE. The new flat-beds were very comfortable. We didn't have any major complaints.

FYI - We were in the C-G middle seats, and I think they are the best seats for two people traveling together in BE on the 3L2.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by Lambdachi237
We just flew on a refurbished A330-200 (3L2) from SEA-PVG in BE. The new flat-beds were very comfortable. We didn't have any major complaints.

FYI - We were in the C-G middle seats, and I think they are the best seats for two people traveling together in BE on the 3L2.
We're flying SEA-AMS on a 3L2 in a couple of months. Looking at the photos I can find online, it looks like the middle seats are a little too far apart for comfortable conversation, so I selected 4J and 5J. Your post has me questioning this. Were you close enough to chat without shouting?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM; EK Silver; HH Gold
Originally Posted by shahmilin
any update on DTW-AMS for lie flat seats?
any timeline
^bump.

Any info on this query?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 8:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by ShrinkRay
We're flying SEA-AMS on a 3L2 in a couple of months. Looking at the photos I can find online, it looks like the middle seats are a little too far apart for comfortable conversation, so I selected 4J and 5J. Your post has me questioning this. Were you close enough to chat without shouting?
They really aren't that far apart, no shouting required. You have to lean over a little but to talk, but it's nothing that makes you uncomfortable. (We did it for 13 hours without a problem..twice!) IMO it's much better than having to lean into the aisle, or behind you. I'd pick the same seats if I did it again.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by Lambdachi237
They really aren't that far apart, no shouting required. You have to lean over a little but to talk, but it's nothing that makes you uncomfortable. (We did it for 13 hours without a problem..twice!) IMO it's much better than having to lean into the aisle, or behind you. I'd pick the same seats if I did it again.
Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2014, 12:48 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but

Daily AMS-BOS-AMS (flights 230 and 231) is now "lie-flat" (since the beginning of the year), on a modified A330-300.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 1:35 pm

So, lie-flat means "BusinessElite" on JFK-SEA or SFO or LAX and on all int'l flights. Right?

If it's on other domestic flights (or not on JFK-SEA or SFO or LAX), it's still "Domestic First."

If it's not on international flights, it's just "Business."

By jove, I think I've got it.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irfan23
^bump.

Any info on this query?
Well, there's the daily 777 DTW-AMS flight (which will have lie flats as a given), and then 1 or 2 daily A330-300's (depending on day of the week). Looking over the next couple of weeks, it looks like all A330-300's on the route have the upgraded cabins with lie-flats.
Old May 18, 2014, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Diamond (no I will not use the new name), Marriott/ SPG lt Plat, JPM Reserve, Amex Plat
Currently mostly flying UA and *A but seriously considering switching domestic travel to Delta so sorry for my lack of knowledge here. I'm booking my bi-weekly trip to SEA from DC and poked around the delta site out of curiosity and noticed a few of the ATL-SEA and SEA-ATL legs on the days I checked are sold as Business not First and indicate lie flat service. Does anyone know if this means it will stay a flat bed equipped aircraft because it is sold as business? With UA there is no aircraft/seat type guarantee domestically (even on PS flights occasionally now from experience) but I wasn't sure if delta was better at sticking to it being a flat bed aircraft if it is sold and ticketed as business and indicated a lie flat aircraft at booking.
Old May 19, 2014, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by DErg
Currently mostly flying UA and *A but seriously considering switching domestic travel to Delta so sorry for my lack of knowledge here. I'm booking my bi-weekly trip to SEA from DC and poked around the delta site out of curiosity and noticed a few of the ATL-SEA and SEA-ATL legs on the days I checked are sold as Business not First and indicate lie flat service. Does anyone know if this means it will stay a flat bed equipped aircraft because it is sold as business? With UA there is no aircraft/seat type guarantee domestically (even on PS flights occasionally now from experience) but I wasn't sure if delta was better at sticking to it being a flat bed aircraft if it is sold and ticketed as business and indicated a lie flat aircraft at booking.
The flight number and designation as Business vice First has no bearing on the ATL-SEA or SEA-ATL flights having lie flat seats.

It's usually because the flight number is the same as an international flight #. This usually involves an aircraft change between the international and domestic legs. For example, the legs for DL 41 are LHR-MSP and MSP-SEA. LHR-MSP is operated by a 764 (international a/c with lie flat seats). MSP-SEA (at least today) is an A320 (domestic F).
Old May 19, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Diamond (no I will not use the new name), Marriott/ SPG lt Plat, JPM Reserve, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by rwoman
The flight number and designation as Business vice First has no bearing on the ATL-SEA or SEA-ATL flights having lie flat seats.

It's usually because the flight number is the same as an international flight #. This usually involves an aircraft change between the international and domestic legs. For example, the legs for DL 41 are LHR-MSP and MSP-SEA. LHR-MSP is operated by a 764 (international a/c with lie flat seats). MSP-SEA (at least today) is an A320 (domestic F).
That makes sense thank you.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Sorry to bump an older thread...

I'm particularly curious about domestic routes that have BE/Flat Beds and couldn't find a current thread. I was surprised when I booked SEA-LAX that they're doing a 757 BE configuration once a day (I booked Mar 26). Would love to know the rest of the current routes for BE configured domestic routes! (I know there's a thread for domestic widebodies.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.