Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DEL to SFO in Y: What's better....AF or KL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2012, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T

Looking to bring my family off 5 from DEL to SFO in Y, have choice of AF or KL. What's better? Seats/AVOD/chance of getting Y+/lounge access? Looks like AF has 773 and 772 on the route, while KL has MD and 330 on it.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Personally I'd do KL just to avoid CDG.

Originally Posted by bdhaliwa
Looking to bring my family off 5 from DEL to SFO in Y, have choice of AF or KL. What's better? Seats/AVOD/chance of getting Y+/lounge access? Looks like AF has 773 and 772 on the route, while KL has MD and 330 on it.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:04 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
KLM has Economy Comfort, but if you're not flying with them it will cost (Not sure what the rules are if you are with them on the same PNR).

Some AF 777 have 10 across in Y (maybe all do by now) so I would watch for that as well.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:02 am

Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
as a DL DM, you get lounge access. the lounge in Delhi is nice, and has numerous hot food options (veg/non veg), a full bar and plenty of non-alcoholic selections. check the delta website to see how many people you can bring in as a guest. similarly at CDG you will have lounge access. the transfer at CDG is not as horrifying as people here would suggest. i am definitely a plan of the premium voyageur class on AF. it's about 20% extra in price, but is worth it in my opinion. and you get 150% MQM.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 5:10 am

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
KLM anytime!
Old Oct 25, 2012, 7:08 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles - Diamond; HH - Diamond; Priority Club - Platinum;
Do not know about CDG, but the AMS lounge has hot food. They also have showers.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
Went ahead and book on KLM. Called Delta to request economy comfort seating and next time when I logged in to see my booking, what would you believe, we were all sitting in EC. I was not even prompted for any payments, so I thought it's all kosher. But yesterday when I logged back, we were back to unassigned seating and selection of any premium seating prompted the standard payments, not even any discount for me as a DM. What could be going on? Could anybody shed some light with their similar experiences? I ended up booking directly with KLM.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 9:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by bdhaliwa
Went ahead and book on KLM. Called Delta to request economy comfort seating and next time when I logged in to see my booking, what would you believe, we were all sitting in EC. I was not even prompted for any payments, so I thought it's all kosher. But yesterday when I logged back, we were back to unassigned seating and selection of any premium seating prompted the standard payments, not even any discount for me as a DM. What could be going on? Could anybody shed some light with their similar experiences? I ended up booking directly with KLM.
Ignore anything that DL says about assigning seats on KLM flights. Call KLM to do this or do it yourself on the KLM website. You should always find out partner PNRs for flights on other airlines booked by DL and carry this information with you. I like to also call the other airline to ask whether the ticket has been issued (or reissued) property and to find my booking on the other airline's website, printing a copy of the itinerary to carry with me too.

IIRC KLM should give you and others on the same PNR either free or discounted EC seats, but this must be done through KLM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.