Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Million miler means something

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
MM status has always been on the pax manifest, but good for the FA's doing this. Although, I'd rather have a personal thanks vs an announcement.

Hopefully making FA's announce this isn't DL's enhancement response to UA's enhancement of their MM program.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 1:44 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
I'd prefer some actual benefits instead of lip service.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Certainly agree, 5khours. DL is no longer competitive with UA/CO; their MM's will receive gold status as well as their spouse/significant other. DL awards silver status just for the MM.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 7:28 am

Programs: delta pm, aa exp, hilton diamond
Originally Posted by Bioidec
Just out of interest, how long has it taken for you MM'ers to reach the status?
9 Years for the first Million. If I can last another 5 years it will have taken me 7 to make the second Million ^.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 8:24 am

never heard a medallion count announced

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I was on the 6.00 am flight this morning IND-ATL and it was full of non-revs. OK fair enough. The flight attendant at 10K feet made the usual welcome Skymiles speech etc. He then said we have seven medallion members on our flight today and one who has made million miler status. We really do thank you and appreciate tour business and loyalty.
I've heard the "customer loyality" part of the welcome speech many, many times but I can't recall that they ever mentioned how many medalions were on the flight. About a year ago the DL FA on a TATL flight make a joke that they had a large number of heavy-metal fliers on the plane. On the other hand, I have been greeted personally by the bursar on several KL operated TATL flights this year (DM/1MM) but nothing on DL operated flights. Those "job well done" certs are going to go to waste.

BTW: the highest fraction of non-rev's I ever saw was on an afternoon flight from BOS to JFK. Basically everyone but me in the front section was wearing a blue uniform and they were pretty blasé about it.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:48 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by 5khours
Hard to say.

Probably something like 8 or 9 years per million on DL/NWA although I cut way down on my travel after DL jacked up J class fares and made it so hard to UG internationally. Now that I'm on UA, it is so much easier to get into the front of the plane that I fly a lot more (4x miles and 10x spend compared to what I was doing my last year on DL) so I'll probably hit 1MM on UA next year.
Of course, Uninental doesn't give bonus elite miles for YBM or FC fares. It's all BIS miles no matter what you pay.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
[QUOTE=PRWeezer;18082178]
I was on the 6.00 am flight this morning IND-ATL and it was full of non-revs....

... I bet you all can guess where the non-revs sat. A Redcoat came on the plane to oversee the process and chat to his colleagues and friends. - and it was not at the back of the aircraft.
[/tQUOTE]

So you were working the gate & scanning boarding passes to know the flight was 'full' of non revs & to know where all of them were seated? Good to know. At the ATL FT meet & greet this week someone asked if instead of a larger event where 100 FT'ers could be gate agents for the day at one airport, maybe DL would support 1 person being GA for the day at 100 different airports? Clearly you did that today so the answer must be, yes, Dovster, it is possible! ^
I was not working the gate I have reasonable hearing. The FA himself said there were a lot of non-revs. There were two no revs in 1C and 1D (1male one female - long blonde hair) that clearly identified themselves and where they were travelling onto. There was one in uniform in 1A. There was one who identified herself as a non-rev in 1D. There was at least one (could be more ) where there was no more room in F and travelled in the back. The Recoat talked to few in F and I could tell by the conversation they worked for the company. The non-rev in 2C bag dropped on me and she apologized and joked that I was not going to sue her and the company. No I was not working the gate but I am intelligent enough to read the signs. But hey I will make you a 1000 dollar bet - and we must be able to find a way of proving it so I will win my bet (The FA repeat the FA himself commented in my earshot - we are full of non-revs today, glad we could accomodate them all). When the FA (the flight was turbulent out of IND for a good twenty minutes) talked to few buddies that he much preferred the MD-88 for turbulence handling than the DC9-50, it made it a reasonable assumption they were airline people - or FTers. Hope that is enough detail for you Mr Cynic

Last edited by GRALISTAIR; Feb 26, 2012 at 12:00 pm
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:18 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Hope that is enough detail for you Mr Cynic
That's Ms Cynic if you don't mind. My sarcastic comments were brought on by the fact that your mention of non revs on your flight was irrelevant to your point about Medallions being recognized and IMHO was an unnecessary slam. FWIW I'll admit my post, too, was irrelevant & unnecessary. But the snark about employees using their flight benefits gets a little old. I wonder if one of the pax you outed as traveling non rev swapped seats w somebody?

Last edited by PRWeezer; Feb 26, 2012 at 12:46 pm
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by djm3
BTW: the highest fraction of non-rev's I ever saw was on an afternoon flight from BOS to JFK. Basically everyone but me in the front section was wearing a blue uniform and they were pretty blasé about it.
Those probably weren't NRSA, more than likely NRPS who got PSUP'd.

Translation: probably mechanics going to BOS on a "must ride" basis to go rescue a crippled aircraft (AOG). Their seats get booked at the last minute and get whatever seats are available (usually, they're booked for Y, however and can upgrade as positive-space passengers)
Old Feb 26, 2012, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I am really sorry if it appeared I was slamming non-revs. Not my attention. I truly appologize. I love Delta and I love their employees - they are a good lot. They also deserve their perks for all the hard work they do with very little thanks. I really was trying to be positive in my post about what DL and its FAs/GAs are doing. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

I know I am not a long time poster on this board and have less than a thousand posts, but (and this is my mistake) I hope in future to meet some of you at a DO and when you meet me you will know I am a genuine guy who does not tell lies. So I expect when I post not to have it questioned to the nth degree. Hopefully in future you will take me at my word - if I say a flight had quite a lot of non-revs, you will know it is true (or that I had extremely good reason to believe it to be so) and that I am not speculating.

Let me state again- DELTA and its employees yesterday did a magnificent job and I really appreciated the announcement and all the hard work. KUDOS DELTA-

btw some did not have a flight out of ATL until late in the afternoon- not pleasant but that is of course one of the hardships of travelling non-rev. (The girl who married my cousin BTW used to be an FA - I truly am empathetic and sympathetic to their situation)

and just to out myself to any that may read it - I was in seat 3B - and I had a wonderful day on all 4 of my DL flights and SkyClub visits and Delta were great.

Last edited by GRALISTAIR; Feb 26, 2012 at 1:47 pm Reason: To out myself
Old Feb 26, 2012, 3:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by 5khours
Hard to say.

Probably something like 8 or 9 years per million on DL/NWA although I cut way down on my travel after DL jacked up J class fares and made it so hard to UG internationally. Now that I'm on UA, it is so much easier to get into the front of the plane that I fly a lot more (4x miles and 10x spend compared to what I was doing my last year on DL) so I'll probably hit 1MM on UA next year.
Actually, isn't it true that UA doesn't give out as many 150% bonus MQM's as DL does?
Old Feb 26, 2012, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
Actually, isn't it true that UA doesn't give out as many 150% bonus MQM's as DL does?
United gives 50% bonus EQMs for Y and B coach fares and all business and first fares. Same for Delta except they also give the bonus on M fares.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Hit one million miles on Delta today with my flight from Amsterdam to JFK. Was so disappointed that I didn't get the usual fire truck greeting with the different colored water shooting over my plane when we landed at JFK.

Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DJMeatBall
I'm pretty certain I've seen MM status noted on passenger manifests, along with Elite Status (which is definitely always displayed on their printouts).
True, and some FAs who don't know the DL FF program are more impressed with MM than DM.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
True, and some FAs who don't know the DL FF program are more impressed with MM than DM.
What's wrong with that? MM's are still Butt-In-Seat miles (albeit over a lifetime, not just a program year).

If F.A.'s are impressed with me having endured Northw/H/H/H/H/H/HDelta flights for this long, more power to them!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.