Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Speculation: 2012 SkyMiles Program Changes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculation: 2012 SkyMiles Program Changes?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2011, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by hfly
Avidflyer, Hilton ran rollover for more than two years, the reason quite frankly that they ended it was that quite a lot of people are simply not very smart and were easily confused by it (which was amazing to behold, just look back at the old threads on the subject). In any case you are comparing Apples to Oranges as the HH system was a different animal altogether. In any case, if all ends up being equal eventually as you contend, why does it bother you so much?

Hfly, I was not comparing the Hilton program to DL literally just pointing out the gimmick factor. As a perfect example; I have been a HH Diamond since 2000. I knew roll-over was there but apparently more than 2 years () so it meant absolutley nothing to me. I stay 150 nights a year at HH like clockwork so I don't even check to see if I am still HH DM because I know I am. That is really what I am trying to say...at the end of the day if you are going to fly 125k or stay 60 nights you are. Unless your stays/flights swing wildly from year to year it really gives you nothing.

And just to be clear: It does NOT bother me at all. I just think that to most people in the program it has very little real impact other than the physiological bump on Jan 1 to see MQMs in the bank.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So if that is the case then there is no harm. There are some of us however that like the security of knowing that if for whatever reason their travel lessens for a year that they have some backup. Also, if no other airline has a carrot, then one might as well build up ones carry forward MQM's.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 9:56 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by avidflyer
... I just think that to most people in the program it has very little real impact other than the physiological bump on Jan 1 to see MQMs in the bank.
In my case, I know I will have flight 'down' time. It allows me to know I will not have to reboot. I would have taken the option to have a 'level freeze' for a year every few years (i.e. 'don't lose diamond when you seat at home for a year and watch your kids grow...') but the rollover provides me some of this flex.

I am VERY concern that we did not see any of the 2012 program benefits yet. All major US-based programs announced them already, and so did the big non-US ones. I am concern we will see negative changes with retroactive affect (for tickets booked before the changes were established).
Old Dec 8, 2011, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by hfly
So if that is the case then there is no harm. There are some of us however that like the security of knowing that if for whatever reason their travel lessens for a year that they have some backup. Also, if no other airline has a carrot, then one might as well build up ones carry forward MQM's.
Right, I am not saying there is any harm in it for the same reason I do not view it as a big benefit. I think after the first rollover it has a net zero impact
Old Dec 8, 2011, 11:32 am

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus
Originally Posted by avidflyer
I just think that to most people in the program it has very little real impact other than the physiological bump on Jan 1 to see MQMs in the bank.
For me, it's more of a psychological kick to see rollover MQMs on January 1, but as with most things on Flyertalk, YMMV
Old Dec 8, 2011, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by DLroads

I am VERY concern that we did not see any of the 2012 program benefits yet. ...
A clarification: You have not seen the first quarterly update of the 2012 program benefits.

Don't forget that the program will be revised periodically throughout the year, to stay ahead of all of us "gamers."

Old Feb 1, 2012, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Am I a fool to think most of the program will be the same? At least roll-over and CB?

Per:
https://www.delta.com/skymiles/about...ance/index.jsp

Text says miles earned in 2012 rollover to 2013...
Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Am I a fool to think most of the program will be the same? At least roll-over and CB?

Per:
https://www.delta.com/skymiles/about...ance/index.jsp

Text says miles earned in 2012 rollover to 2013...
I doubt Delta will bother to announce anything at all...my guess is that everything is the same and that they will simply make changes whenever needed during the year
Old Mar 1, 2012, 3:40 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 3 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Here is the 2012 SkyMiles Program

Looks the same as 2011:

https://a248.e.akamai.net/7/248/1926...guide_2012.pdf
Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:01 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
True

Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
I doubt Delta will bother to announce anything at all...my guess is that everything is the same and that they will simply make changes whenever needed during the year
yes, so true, but expect the SKYBONUS lies from the folks in ATL., I think they just call the lies 'marketing enhancements' !.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.