Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Blog - getting hammered with angry customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2010, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles

It seems like people have finally woken up and seen how lousy DL's website is...outside FT, of course

Link
Old Dec 28, 2010, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL-DM, PC-PM
Until those responses disappear!
Old Dec 28, 2010, 2:55 pm

Programs: Catered by me instead of FBO (semi retired)
Yes -- it is interesting that there is no BCP in place for their site.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Additional coverage of DL website wreckage and psychotic infinite-loop VM hell on the Huffington Post:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/matt-s..._b_801782.html
Old Dec 28, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond;AA Gold; UA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Plat
Those are pretty tame compared to what's on their facebook page. To be fair, things in NYC are just insane and I have heard from several friends and coworkers who are just as angry at AA, CO and B6.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 3:12 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by PowerFlyer
Those are pretty tame compared to what's on their facebook page. To be fair, things in NYC are just insane and I have heard from several friends and coworkers who are just as angry at AA, CO and B6.
JetBlue x'd all flights to/from HPN both Monday (when most flew after 1:00 or so) and Tue (when there were no x's other than equipment). Don't know if this was some strategy to focus on other airports or what.

And their IT matched dl.com as "best in class" :-)

CO has the worst of it from what I see, with Newark still limping.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 3:41 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Wow. Wow. Wow. I hope someone at DL gets the picture (which is something that should have happened ages ago).
Old Dec 28, 2010, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Isn't their CIO still off on her tour talking about all the great improvements they've made in IT since she came in to fix it?

Besides, why are these people complaining? Don't the realize they now have a Blackberry app, and a twitter account! Sheesh, some people are never satisfied!

Old Dec 28, 2010, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
I will give DL this much: I was able to reach them in 30 seconds on three different occasions during the height of things on Sunday via the DM line.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 5:00 pm

Programs: Catered by me instead of FBO (semi retired)
I am really happy with the diamond line as well
Old Dec 28, 2010, 5:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
The FO line gets answered within 45 seconds of caller placing the call.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
The thread starter just replied:

Originally Posted by Jerry F.
Thanks everyone for your comments. We hear your feedback loud and clear and we’re working quickly to correct these issues, and I wanted to provide you an update on that progress. Today we’ve continued to stabilize delta.com from the heavy traffic issues, and the rebooking tool is back up and running. We also fixed online check-in to address the high volume of users and that’s up and running now too. We’re still seeing high volumes of calls on our reservations line but working to reduce wait times. We’re continuing to ask for your patience on the phones and appreciate your willingness to work with us. Again, please know we’re doing everything we can to accommodate as many customers as possible and we’ll continue to help in any way we can.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 6:03 pm

Programs: Delta PM/MM
No Problem for me either. I called on Saturday before all of the flight cancellations and was rebooked for tomorrow with no problem. In fact the agent searched to find me V availability and confirmed me in first. Whenever IROPS occur, the difference between elite and everybody else is night and day.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DLNYC
Wow. Wow. Wow. I hope someone at DL gets the picture (which is something that should have happened ages ago).
I doubt it, the airlines fought the tarmac rule, so why would they worry that people can not call .
Old Dec 28, 2010, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by philfna
I am really happy with the diamond line as well
The DM reaccommodation is pitiful. If you don't look out for yourself, you'll be stuck in a snowdrift. When I saw the forecast on 12/25, mid afternoon, I bought a new ticket on 12/26 to leave EWR in the AM instead of the PM. By the time I got the cancellation notice from DL 6 hours later, the link in the notice said no options were available. So did the DM line. The flight I was on had a couple empty seats and a lot of deadheading crew. I wonder whom they're protecting if it's not DM's on a B fare...

A similar thing happened 1.5 weeks ago in Europe. If I didn't notice that my flight to AMS had been canceled (and called the DM line to rebook), I would have been stuck there.

Just a couple more nails in the coffin of Diamond Medallion. I can't believe anyone within DL can take this program seriously.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.