Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Blog - getting hammered with angry customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Blog - getting hammered with angry customers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2010, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by PowerFlyer
Those are pretty tame compared to what's on their facebook page. To be fair, things in NYC are just insane and I have heard from several friends and coworkers who are just as angry at AA, CO and B6.
Angry for what? I've had no trouble getting through to AA or using the website to make reservations and buy tickets. They can't make additional aircraft magically appear, but at least their customer service hasn't melted down. You are comparing apples and oranges.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I'm sure every airline had angry customers, but DL's are special as they point out issues like IT that could be worked on. Long holds on bad weather days are common for all airlines. IT is another matter.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 9:31 pm

Programs: Delta Ham Sammich, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold, Chalet Suites Matterhorn
Originally Posted by philfna
I am really happy with the diamond line as well
I do have to give them that... early Monday I got a cancellation notification (from TripIt, Delta's automatic notification came 45 minutes later but that's another issue) I called the Diamond line and it picked up after 1 ring, I entered my SM#, and had a new flight booked, with upgrades processed, within another minute. I do wish there had been an earlier flight, but I guess rebooking into the post-Christmas rush makes IROPS even tougher.

Glad I'm DM, because obviously the general customer service line has been in a major state of fail for the past 2 days, not to mention the website.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by GBadger
I was able to reach them in 30 seconds on three different occasions during the height of things on Sunday via the DM line.
Originally Posted by philfna
I am really happy with the diamond line as well
Originally Posted by LADELTA777
The FO line gets answered within 45 seconds...
Good, so 0.5% of the DL customer base is reasonably happy. The other 99.5% are hardly jettisonable.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm Diamond now -- where do I get the Diamond number? It seems worthwhile to have now, rather than wait until they send me my card.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
I'm Diamond now -- where do I get the Diamond number? It seems worthwhile to have now, rather than wait until they send me my card.
WikiLeaks
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond;AA Gold; UA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Plat
Originally Posted by vasantn
Angry for what? I've had no trouble getting through to AA or using the website to make reservations and buy tickets. They can't make additional aircraft magically appear, but at least their customer service hasn't melted down. You are comparing apples and oranges.
I am comparing the system operations of all airlines in NYC (and Northeast) over the Christmas weekend. The issues people were complaining about were being able to manage their reservation online (I can attest that JetBlue's site was a disaster on Sunday) and trying to get through to reservations (and from what I heard, AA wasn't that much better than DL while UA's overseas call centers were particularly useless).

You reference making a new reservation online: I was able to make a new reservation without any problem; I just couldn't locate an itinerary, make changes, select seats, etc. on DL.com.

Of course, then comes the actual job of flying: on that front it seems that DL was actually able to compete more flights into NYC than others over the past few days. AA literally threw in the towel yesterday and cancelled their complete schedule into LGA even though the airport was up and running.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:55 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Originally Posted by javabytes
WikiLeaks
Old Dec 29, 2010, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
if you call the main number and put in your SM # it will route you to the DM line
Old Dec 29, 2010, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
if you call the main number and put in your SM # it will route you to the DM line
I've heard that there's been overload on the main number, and sometimes you are not asked for it.

I now have a pressing reason to use it. I just booked a last-minute trip in C to SIN, returning from HKG, but the last flight MSP-MSN is 9 hours after the incoming flight and I'd like them to change it to an earlier Y seat if possible.

But I'll try the number on the back of my Plat card and see what I get.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 3:48 pm

Programs: Waffle House DM
Take heed to this, because everyone who posts on blogs and forums such as this are exactly what they seem to be...
Old Dec 29, 2010, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I guess I'm not so alarmed about the speed at which pickups happen, esp given the storm nightmares and amount of stranded pax. What is alarming about the posts is the real problems encountered with DL's IT. Things like not being able to book for other days, that's the real issue is the IT limitations.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 4:22 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
I've heard that there's been overload on the main number, and sometimes you are not asked for it.

I now have a pressing reason to use it. I just booked a last-minute trip in C to SIN, returning from HKG, but the last flight MSP-MSN is 9 hours after the incoming flight and I'd like them to change it to an earlier Y seat if possible.

But I'll try the number on the back of my Plat card and see what I get.
You could try asking DL when you call, although the DM line might not know the correct #.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did get through with no problem using the Plat number, but any earlier flight, even in coach, bumped it up to 180K, so I'll have to wait and see, and if nothing shows up, I'll try to SDC to an earlier flight at MSP. I forgot to ask for the Diamond number, though. Drat.

Slow learner, you're amusing. Look at my post count.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by mike_plat
The DM reaccommodation is pitiful. If you don't look out for yourself, you'll be stuck in a snowdrift. When I saw the forecast on 12/25, mid afternoon, I bought a new ticket on 12/26 to leave EWR in the AM instead of the PM. By the time I got the cancellation notice from DL 6 hours later, the link in the notice said no options were available. So did the DM line. The flight I was on had a couple empty seats and a lot of deadheading crew. I wonder whom they're protecting if it's not DM's on a B fare...

maybe it was the obvious. Perhaps a few misconnects, some weather cancellations, and you have in an instant what was once a sold out flight, now with empty seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.