US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by flyernick
When redeeming Flexperks for airfare, I know if I have a $299 fare, I have to redeem 20000 FP which could take me all the way up to $400. But if I am buying two $299 tickets, can I use only 30000 FP (up to $600) for that, or are all the tickets redeemed individually? Sorry if this is a FAQ.
Unfortunately, redemption amounts are per ticket.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 1:35 pm

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Originally Posted by Carl
Just reviewed my first Gold Amex statement. Somehow only ~13% of what I spent at restaurants qualifies for triple points, and the rest is a single point. I'm exasperated to say the least, as this has not been my experience with the restaurant category bonus on the (now discontinued) FlexPerks Amex or cards from other issuers.

I called to inquire, and the person walked me through the categories (that I can't see). It seems that many of the places are categorized as catering or fast food. Somehow Panera is a generic restaurant (qualifies) yet full-service establishments where I spent hundreds are listed as other things (one is classified as lodging even though it has the word RESTAURANT in the merchant name). Coffee places and some more casual places are listed as fast food, which is excluded. Their position is that they have no control over the categories and can't help me. Yet clearly other issuers define restaurant more broadly.
Just analyzed my first statement and don't see any issue. Fast food counted as Wendy's, Subway, Taco Bell, Hardee's and Jets Pizza all earned triple points. I also had an assortment of bars and sit down restaurants post as expected. Besides an eye doctor charge, the only non-restaurant spend was $7 at three 7-11s that posted as double points for gas, even though at least one of the three does not sell gas.

Are you sure you analyzed the statement right? The Triple Flexperks line is actually only double points - the first point is in the net purchases on the first line. 3000 on the triple points line would represent $1500 in restaurant spend, not $1000.

My major complaint is how they handle payment. My first statement closed within a few days of getting the card with only the $85 annual fee charged. For some reason my BOA checking account can't do an electronic transfer to this Amex so they mail a check. My payment was due on the 16th but to be safe I told BOA to deliver it by the 12th. They mailed a check on the 9th and showed US Bank took the withdrawal on the 12th, but it was not credited to my account until the 18th - resulting in a $27 late fee and $37 in interest. After 10 minutes on hold the rep had no problem crediting the late fee, but was insistent that I had to pay interest because my payment was late. I could not get it through to her that US Bank was at fault so asked to be handed off to a supervisor. 10 minutes later none were available and I was told I would get a call in 24-48 hours. Never did get a call, but now see they credited the interest a few days later.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by tev9999
Just analyzed my first statement and don't see any issue. Fast food counted as Wendy's, Subway, Taco Bell, Hardee's and Jets Pizza all earned triple points. I also had an assortment of bars and sit down restaurants post as expected. Besides an eye doctor charge, the only non-restaurant spend was $7 at three 7-11s that posted as double points for gas, even though at least one of the three does not sell gas.

Are you sure you analyzed the statement right? The Triple Flexperks line is actually only double points - the first point is in the net purchases on the first line. 3000 on the triple points line would represent $1500 in restaurant spend, not $1000.

My major complaint is how they handle payment. My first statement closed within a few days of getting the card with only the $85 annual fee charged. For some reason my BOA checking account can't do an electronic transfer to this Amex so they mail a check. My payment was due on the 16th but to be safe I told BOA to deliver it by the 12th. They mailed a check on the 9th and showed US Bank took the withdrawal on the 12th, but it was not credited to my account until the 18th - resulting in a $27 late fee and $37 in interest. After 10 minutes on hold the rep had no problem crediting the late fee, but was insistent that I had to pay interest because my payment was late. I could not get it through to her that US Bank was at fault so asked to be handed off to a supervisor. 10 minutes later none were available and I was told I would get a call in 24-48 hours. Never did get a call, but now see they credited the interest a few days later.
I wasn't the one who analyzed the statement, as we aren't able to do that since USB doesn't list categories on either the website or the statement. I'm well familiar with how bonus category points post as it's the same system as their existing cards. That's precisely why I called, which is when the rep informed me that only spend at what are categorized as restaurants earns the bonus. Fast food merchants are supposed to be excluded as they offer a different card for that, although I see no disclosure on their site that says fast food is excluded from this card. Anyway, they reminded me of the language of the cardmember agreement which says that they have no control over merchant coding. I don't go to fast food restaurants, so that won't be an issue. Yet apparently some places such as a high-end coffee purveyor (which is anything but fast and whose only food is French pastries) ARE classified as fast food. The only chain where I used the card was Panera, which surprisingly codes as restaurant. So, I just used the card at one of their locations for lunch today. As long as I know where it'll code properly, I guess I'll keep using it at those specific places.

Your payment issue sounds frustrating and complicated, but I don't understand why you wouldn't just do a payment normally via USB. Setting up a third-party bill payment for a credit card seems overly complicated and slow by design compared to simply choosing the payment option in the credit card's app or website. Perhaps there's some other element at play, such as your bank giving you an incentive to use their service, and that would make sense. Still, I'd definitely steer clear of that. USB is always good about crediting me the day I request to pay, which is of course a day or two before the funds leave my other account.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:08 am

does walmart , codes as grocery categories for bonus point on flex perk card ?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
They made a change earlier this year that would seem to stop that. I can't speak from personal experience.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 3:42 pm

I froze my ARS/Sagestream CRs. Previously I used to see only, Visa Plat card as recommended card & now I see both Flexperk listed their. Is it considered good sign that US bank will approve the Flexperk application?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 4:55 pm

Got denied because of too many recent inquiries. They pulled TU and I only have one pull there in the last year, but I don't have SageStream or IDA frozen, so I guess I was denied due to those.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by HBKFan75
So my SO applied for the Visa card with the Olympics promo yesterday. Despite generous limits from other banks, she only received a $1000 limit. Will she still receive the increased bonus, or is she going to get some kind of useless version of the card with no worthwhile bonus? Anyone else been in that spot before?
Just to update on this... The card arrived and it's exactly the right version, including being a Visa Signature, which I wasn't expecting with such a low limit. Interesting!
Old Aug 30, 2016, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
Target, no longer does
Old Aug 31, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: spg gold
when will they post the 14800 bonus points from the Olympics ?
Old Aug 31, 2016, 2:27 pm

I applied online for the personal Flexperks card 2 days ago; still awaiting a decision. I went into the branch today to apply for the business version and was automatically approved. However, 2 separate pulls show up on my Transunion report, despite other reports that US Bank will rely on one credit pull for 30 days. Maybe that only applies to personal accounts?

Is there a phone number we can call to check application status?
Old Sep 1, 2016, 9:52 am

Applied today in branch. Went to pending. Lets see what happens
Old Sep 1, 2016, 2:54 pm

I have multiple FlexPerks earning credit cards linked to one FlexPerks account. Will all of my FlexPerks points be safe if I keep only one of the cards open and cancel all others?
Old Sep 1, 2016, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by mizzou1
I have multiple FlexPerks earning credit cards linked to one FlexPerks account. Will all of my FlexPerks points be safe if I keep only one of the cards open and cancel all others?
When I cancelled my Select+ and moved the CL over to the Amex, the Points evaporated. However, they reinstated them without an issue.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Carl
When I cancelled my Select+ and moved the CL over to the Amex, the Points evaporated. However, they reinstated them without an issue.
Were both cards linked to the same FlexPerks account number before you cancel the Select+?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.