Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to register Citibank MC in MC Securecode program?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2008, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M

The website does not list Citi as a participating merchant. Is this right or am I seeing things?

http://www.mastercard.com/us/persona...ode/index.html
Old Nov 17, 2008, 11:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
I had this problem a few months back when I tried to book an airline ticket in Asia. I called several CSRs and none had even heard of the Secure Code program. I ended up using a Chase card to book the ticket.

Originally Posted by UA Fan
The website does not list Citi as a participating merchant. Is this right or am I seeing things?

http://www.mastercard.com/us/persona...ode/index.html
Old Jan 25, 2010, 9:47 am

Thumbs down Citibank USA MC and Visa does NOT support Securecode.

Citibank is so backwards in the US - its not even funny.
You cant use their card for Skype or any company website operating outside the US. Last trip I almost got stranded because Citibank did not participate in the Securecode program and they constantly refuse to accept it when I talk to them.

I then had a Citibank Rep ( who actually cared) on a conference call with a MasterCard rep (who did not at all care) and they agreed that Citibank does not participate. It was news to the Citibank Rep!

I suggest you abandon the Citibank CC if you are traveling overseas. I am dumping them and all my accounts with Citibank as soon as I can.

AM
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA BA
Citibank still does not participate in MasterCard SecureCode

I was on the line with a Citibank customer service representative just now who was cooperative enough to stay online to connect with MasterCard. While we were all on the phone together, the MasterCard representative checked and stated, unequivocally, that Citibank does not participate in the MasterCard SecureCode program. Consequently, if you are trying to purchase from an online source (in my case, the Austrian railroad BB), you will have to use another credit card.

Numerous Citibank customer service representatives had no idea what I was talking about or gave incorrect information stating that Citibank did participate in MasterCard Securecode.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.