Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Possible to change return flight after flying outbound?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2017, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MVP Gold

I use TYP to pay for a last minute 2016 Thanksgiving ticket US->Europe and it turned out it was cheaper to use my TYP to purchase a (non-refundable) roundtrip than one-way. Therefore I took a gamble and booked a flight back CDG-SEA on BA in April 2017.

As it turns out, I could make use of that return flight... but for the NEXT day and flying AMS-SEA instead.

I called Citi TYP/Connexions and they say that I can't do anything to change the ticket to AMS-SEA & pay the difference AND also I cannot cancel and use the residual value to book AMS-SEA. So the ticket is literally worthless to me. Is this correct???
Old Feb 19, 2017, 7:54 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by autumnmist
I called Citi TYP/Connexions and they say that I can't do anything to change the ticket to AMS-SEA & pay the difference AND also I cannot cancel and use the residual value to book AMS-SEA.
What does the airline say? Many nonrefundable tickets can be cancelled and the value (after deducting a substantial fee) converted to an airline voucher that is valid only for the original passenger.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
What does the airline say? Many nonrefundable tickets can be cancelled and the value (after deducting a substantial fee) converted to an airline voucher that is valid only for the original passenger.
Thanks yeah, that's what I thought and was hoping for.

However, British Airways says that since the booking was made by a "travel agency," they have no control over the ticket and cannot make any changes. But the BA phone agents says the travel agent ought to be able to make changes.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Called Connexions back for the 3rd time today. Agent took a really long time looking everything up and I explained that the previous 2 agents had told me I couldn't make any changes, but BA said I could. Agent concluded (after 10 min of waiting while they researched) that they couldn't figure out why the previous agents said I couldn't make changes.

Changes were successful and I paid the $270 change fee.

So, 4 calls later, I did manage to make the change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.