Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Which FICO score is being pulled for consideration?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Blue Citi Double Chase Freedom

Have an Amex and Citi. Both give me a free FICO score, yet the difference between the two is a whopping 100 points. Is one more accurate than the other?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:01 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The scale is different, and they likely were calculated on different dates, and they are based on data from different bureaus. Both issuers are displaying the score that they use.

American Express provides: FICOŽ Score 8 based on Experian data is the same score used by American Express....Your FICOŽ Score is a three-digit number calculated from the information on your credit report that falls within a 300-850 range.

Citi provides: Your FICOŽ Score is calculated based on data from Equifax using the FICOŽ Bankcard Score 8 model and is the same score we use, among other information, to manage your account. This model has a FICOŽ Score range from 250 through 900.

Last edited by mia; Feb 24, 2017 at 5:06 pm
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Blue Citi Double Chase Freedom
Does Chase pull a number more in line with Citi or Amex for anyone with accounts that get free scores. It would help determine whether or not I start applying with Chase now or wait a little while.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by jsingles
Have an Amex and Citi. Both give me a free FICO score, yet the difference between the two is a whopping 100 points. Is one more accurate than the other?

Amex pulls a FICO score based on general credit risk (max score 850). Citi pulls a version of the FICO score (max score 900) based on the risk associated with paying card bills specifically. It is 2 versions of the score and Amex likes to see the overall picture of a customer's risk whereas Citi's is more targetted towards the product they are offering.

Last edited by mia; Feb 25, 2017 at 9:32 am Reason: Formatting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.