Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays launches Luxury Card MasterCard (replaces VISA Black)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Barclays launches Luxury Card MasterCard (replaces VISA Black)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2016, 11:49 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
How long does it take to receive the card after approval?
Old Apr 10, 2016, 6:14 am

ABout a week to get the card. It was sent in a small box.

BTW, I still have not recieved any gift.
Definitely will cancel this one before the annual fee is due. Not worth it!
Old Apr 25, 2016, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
How long does it take for airline fee credit to post?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by hiima
How long does it take for airline fee credit to post?
a couple days.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 12:36 pm

For anyone who has this card, would you mind sharing the terms of a few of the vip travel benefits?

The cruise privileges & rental car benefits - are these just World Elite benefits or something different?

The global luggage delivery & wireless communication benefits - these aren't World Elite, what are the exact terms?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:56 pm

Offer appears to be dead. Unless they bring it back this card is useless to apply for.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by compddd
Offer appears to be dead. Unless they bring it back this card is useless to apply for.
The offers dead? Wow, I have this card and it's not even very useful, even with the offer.
Old May 1, 2016, 3:02 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
gold card version

The gold card version seems to be the best deal, but has anyone gotten any luxury gifts
Old May 1, 2016, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by happyvoid
The gold card version seems to be the best deal, but has anyone gotten any luxury gifts
https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/co...e_arrived_for/
Old May 4, 2016, 8:00 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Several posts have been removed because they included comments about other members. This is never permitted. If you read a post with a personal characterization click the (!) icon in the lower left of the post and let us know. Once you do this, please do NOT reply to the post. Leave it for us to handle.

If you have a difference of opinion with another member, challenge the idea — NOT the person. Getting personal with another member is not allowed. Personal attacks, insults, baiting and flaming will not be tolerated.

FlyerTalk is a diverse, multi-cultural community. Expressions of prejudice or discrimination in any form are not permitted (such as those concerning race, nationality, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, etc).

If another member gets personal with you, do not retaliate. Retaliation may well subject you to the same discipline. Instead, please use the 'Alert a moderator to this thread' button in the lower-left-hand-corner of each post, send a note explaining your concern to the moderator team, and leave it to them to handle.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 7:35 am

I decided to give the Gold Card a try. The design is a little hokey and "fake" - over the top. But I figured with the 50,000 points statement credit, it's not only free for the first year, but pays you to use it with the airline credit and what not.

For me, a 2% cash back card is critical - as I put an extremely high volume on my cards ($1.5M). But none of the 2% cards I can find also provide the lounge and other benefits.

$1,000/year seems overpriced, though. I was thinking I could combine cards. Keep my Spark 2% card and then get another card that offers the lounge/travel benefits. Problem is, I have no interest in charging anything on a card that's not 2%.

Is there another travel card that seems to be worth the benefits even if I'm not charging anything on it? Maybe just buy a priority pass membership? I was considering the AA / Citi card that gives admirals lounge access, but if it doesn't provide access to all the other Priority Pass/Lounge Club lounges also, then it's not useful or worth the fee for me.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old Jun 2, 2016, 1:50 pm

You can absolutely get a premium card and hold it just for the benefits; lots of people here do.

You may want to consider:
American Express Platinum
Citi Executive AAdvantage
Citi Prestige
Chase United Club Card
Chase Ritz Carlton

Are there particular airlines you favor? That might be the deciding factor.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by BNBFlyer
I decided to give the Gold Card a try.
Did you get the Gold Card very recently?

Last edited by mia; Jun 3, 2016 at 7:39 am Reason: Prune quotation
Old Jun 3, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is funny that Blackcard was supposed to be a luxury card which tops it all. Now it has three tiers within luxury card.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by emkay
Did you get the Gold Card very recently?
Yes, just got it a week ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.