Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage Aviator Red MC 15000 Bonus Miles Offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage Aviator Red MC 15000 Bonus Miles Offer

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2015, 10:23 am

Not sure if only adding the email address will work - everyone of those qualifiers starting with "&" needs a value based on your information.
One can work around the first name, last name, last 4 card digits and so on, but details like account id is tricky.

Originally Posted by swy
From https://creditboards.com/forums/inde...owtopic=545669 , it looks like you can try:

offers.barclaycardus.com/p/Barclaycard/EMQ32015spend?EMAIL_ADDR=<YOUR_EMAIL>&APRIMO_ID=&F NAME=&LNAME=&ACCOUNT_ID=&BGI_EARN_AMT=&ASSOCIATION =&BGI_REWARDS=&LAST4=&BRAND=&MARKETING_CELL=&PARTY _ID=&CAMPAIGNID=&ep_mid=114953504&ep_rid=172069904 5

with your email replacing <YOUR_EMAIL>. But like someone mentioned in the other thread, the confirmation email doesn't know your credit card number, so I don't think this works.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 7:56 pm

My wife signed up for the US Airways card near the end of its existence and hasn't gotten the Aviator card yet. If she hasn't gotten the email, any way she can get in on this promo?
Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by parioneti
So is the 2 bonus miles in addition to the 1 default miles totaling 3 miles per $1 at supermarket or is it simply 2 miles per $1 totaling 2 miles?
I had this same question...and then related... How much do you need to spend at a supermarket/electronic's store/drug store to maximize this offer? $1,250 total?
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Bretmd
I read that citi has a similar targeted promotion for its aa card.

Maybe this is crazy - but is it possible that Barclays is targeting those who have a citi credit card open too? Barclays does soft pulls on my credit once every few months. They wouldn't be able to see if it was an aa card but wouldn't they be able to see the bank??
Don't think so. Both my spouse and I have the executive MC as primary account holders and both received the Citi offer but not the one from Barclays.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Burj
I had this same question...and then related... How much do you need to spend at a supermarket/electronic's store/drug store to maximize this offer? $1,250 total?
I think regardless it would be $1250. The maximum spending is same. It's just a matter of whether you are getting 3 or 2 for each dollar.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
My wife signed up for the US Airways card near the end of its existence and hasn't gotten the Aviator card yet. If she hasn't gotten the email, any way she can get in on this promo?
I received the promo via snail mail a few days after I received the card (last week). Look out for it in the mail once you receive the Aviator card.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Aug/Sep/Oct 15K Promo for min $500 spend each month

another data point...

Received email on Jul 29th for the 15K promo after minimum $500 spend in each month (Aug, Sep and Oct.) No registration needed.

I have the Red Aviator World (from the former USAir card) and had yet to activate it. fwiw, my annual fee will be billed at the end of this month.

I had also received last month's July through September 2 bonus miles for supermarkets, electronics & drugstores but can't recall if I ever registered for that. Plus, I haven't spent more than maybe $25 on the card in several months.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And an important note for everyone here:

It's AUGUST! Get your $500 done.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
And an important note for everyone here:

It's AUGUST! Get your $500 done.
Would have been done, if I had gotten the offer.

I'm still hoping.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: SoftServe, PP, Visa Buxx, So many cards
Targeted:15,000 AA miles for $1500 spend on Barclays Aviator Red

Just got an email from Barclays. Here's the terms:

¹ Offer is valid for select cardmembers and is not transferable. You will earn 15,000 bonus miles after you charge $500 or more in net retail purchases (purchases that are not returned or rescinded) each calendar month from September 1, 2015 through November 30, 2015. If you do not spend over $500 in any of the 3 months of the promotion you will not be eligible for any bonus miles as part of this offer. To receive your bonus miles, your account must be open, active and in good standing. Purchases made during periods when your account is delinquent or your account is otherwise not in good standing as defined in your Credit Card Cardmember Agreement do not qualify for this offer. Your bonus miles will appear on your statement up to 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion. Net retail purchases do not include such things as the purchase of money orders, traveler's checks, foreign currency, lottery tickets, gambling chips, wire transfers, person-to-person money transfers or using the account to obtain a cash advance.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's been going on for a long time, going back to the days when this was a US Airways card. See this thread (in the US Airways pre-consolidation forum):
IIRC correctly, it tends to be offered only to those who haven't used the card in a while (and thus presumably to those who have ignored other bonus offers like the 50% bonus back in June or the current bonus on supermarket/gas/electronics stores).
Old Aug 26, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
I have 2 of these cards(with the annual 10K anniversary bonus) and have never received one of these offers.

I only put the initial spending on them,plus a small amount part way through the year to keep the account active.

I wish I knew the criteria for offer qualification
Old Aug 26, 2015, 3:15 pm

Targeted:15,000 AA miles for $1500 spend on Barclays Aviator Red

What do you think chances are of calling Barclays and asking for that promo challenge?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by FlightorFight
What do you think chances are of calling Barclays and asking for that promo challenge?
Zero.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlightorFight
You won't get that one. They might tell you there's the "standard" one you can be registered for (currently extra miles for grocery/drug/electronics stores, with a bonus cap of just a couple thousand miles), but they won't offer you that "big" bonus, since it's there to get your attention. And if you just called (or otherwise contacted them), well, they've already get your attention, so no need for a bonus to do that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.