Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

Capital One Spark Cards Offering up to 200,000 "Miles"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capital One Spark Cards Offering up to 200,000 "Miles"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2016, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by mulliganman30
anyone have problems with loading NW Buxx with this card recently?
Originally Posted by iexaltu
Can anyone tell me if I can run about 50K+ in monthly expenses through this one without getting shut down? If not, what is appropriate?
Both are recipes for shutdown, based on my own experience and others' experience that you could have find in prior posts, had you tried to read them!
Old Jan 22, 2016, 7:17 pm

Possible to combine Spark and Venture One miles?

Hey there,

I've got the Venture One and was thinking about getting the Spark Miles for the current 50k miles sign up... Can anyone confirm that the miles from both cards can be combined to book a ticket? I really don't want to get three pulls and then find out I can't combine the two.

Thanks in advance!

Alt
Old Jan 23, 2016, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Alternipunker
Hey there,

I've got the Venture One and was thinking about getting the Spark Miles for the current 50k miles sign up... Can anyone confirm that the miles from both cards can be combined to book a ticket? I really don't want to get three pulls and then find out I can't combine the two.

Thanks in advance!

Alt
You can use the miles to get statement credit for a travel charge that posted to the account. If you use 'card 1' to pay, you can only use miles from that card to get credit for the charge.
You cannot combine miles from different cards.
Cap 1 eliminated the option of transferring miles between accounts in September 2015.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 2:18 pm

Programs: BAEC, One Pass, AA Advantage,Enrich, Miles & More, Flying Blue
Just received my Spark Biz card last week which is my 1st Cap1 CC. I tried 3 times last 2 days at WM to buy a 500 VGC and was declined each time. 1st time i received a call from Cap1 asking if i had attempted to make the purchase and i confirmed it. For the 3rd attempt, i called upfront to give a heads up and the rep had made some notes and assured the card is good to go and i will not have any issues going fwd. Obviously that didnt work as it was declined anyway.

WOuld like to know if anyone experience anything similar, and if so, whats the right approach? Does it require a lot of seasoning. I did make approx 4-5 small (<$25) purchases before trying the VGC.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by mizzou1
Both are recipes for shutdown, based on my own experience and others' experience that you could have find in prior posts, had you tried to read them!
I did read the entire thread before posting the question. Kindly point me to the posts in this thread that I missed or provide additional context for your assessment that 50K in monthly spend is too much. Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2016, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Paya Bunga
Just received my Spark Biz card last week which is my 1st Cap1 CC. I tried 3 times last 2 days at WM to buy a 500 VGC and was declined each time. 1st time i received a call from Cap1 asking if i had attempted to make the purchase and i confirmed it. For the 3rd attempt, i called upfront to give a heads up and the rep had made some notes and assured the card is good to go and i will not have any issues going fwd. Obviously that didnt work as it was declined anyway.

WOuld like to know if anyone experience anything similar, and if so, whats the right approach? Does it require a lot of seasoning. I did make approx 4-5 small (<$25) purchases before trying the VGC.
Yes, this is SOP. You need to use the card for every day purchases for a week or two. There is nothing a rep can do over the phone. They can tell you a thousand times they are "clearing the account" or "making some notes." It doesn't matter, their system is designed to not let you start racking up large purchases right off the bat as that would appear to be a thief who signed up for the card in your name among other things. It's like this for other banks too, not just Cap1. NW Buxx was the only way I was able to to start working on sign up bonuses the first week or two. I can't remember which bank it was, but it would send out a text, and you could reply back and they'd let you purchase. Others were no dice either way.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 3:34 pm

Data point for Jasonz

I was just instantly denied for the Venture card. 795 Fico 2 apps in last 4 months with other banks all approved.

Last year I enjoyed the Sparks cash Biz card and closed acct Oct '15 . Last week I made a bonehead move I reapplied for the Sparks cash Biz card again. I thought that last years card was the Sparks personal card! Doh! There is no such thing! Unsurprisingly I got a "we'll let you know" response from their server.
Anyway, I guess they don't like me anymore, hence the Venture denial.

EDIT: DATA point!!!

WOW! Just checked my e mail and I've been approved for a new Sparks cash biz card! E mail approval states I'll receive $500 Bonus 2% back etc. I'm shocked as I opened the identical card 5/15 and closed it 10/15 after sticking $7k on the card. Maybe they liked that I kept spending after the $4500 minimum spend.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:18 pm

Hit $4,500 spend yesterday and the $500 bonus posted today!
Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:05 pm

I'm attempting to churn this card after closing it last year. Will post if I receive the bonus again or not.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 10:46 am

anyone know if airbnb counts as travel for the Spark Miles CC?
Old Mar 25, 2016, 9:29 pm

I just got another Spark card in Dec. Is it too soon to apply for another one? I have a cash, select and miles.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 10:24 am

Could anyone please provide the following datapoints about Spark Miles:

1) Does Orbitz purchase count as travel?
2) Does a purchase of gift cards from AA, UA, Delta, etc, count?

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 6, 2016, 3:17 am
Suspended

I think there is some confusion about Spark Miles. Once you hit the $4,500 spend, you will get $500 in rewards. This can be instantly applied to your account as an account credit. It doesn't need to be used to offset travel expenses. This makes it a different card than the Venture. The venture rewards do need to be offset against travel.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 1:43 pm

Spark Visa Signature Business redemption check. Made out to personal or business?

I just hit $5,000 in reward money from my business spark card, and Capital One is saying I have to cash it out because it is their internal limit, or they will apply it to my next balance. I can choose from gift cards, or a check. I'm curious if the check is made out in the company name, or if it is made out to me, who holds the personal guarantee. This is of course due to tax implications. If the Check is made out to my business, I'll just obtain gift cards.

When I go to "redeem via check" it simply states that I will receive a check in the amount of $5104.38 but doesn't say a name or company name on the form. I called twice and neither of the CSR knew.

Thank You.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I would guess it'll be made out to the business. I had a credit balance refund check from my Spark card and it was made out to the business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.