Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

Capital One Spark Cards Offering up to 200,000 "Miles"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capital One Spark Cards Offering up to 200,000 "Miles"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by medellinfein
Cap1 is now 1/6 months. See doctor of credit.
Thank you. I actually looked it up right after I posted my message here instead of doing it the other way around.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by wagon297
Do you received bonus again on this card?
Yes I did receive the bonus.Sorry, I missed your post.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:53 am

Can somebody please share some data points for safe amount on vgcs to meet the 4.5k spend without being shut down?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Stivelio
Can somebody please share some data points for safe amount on vgcs to meet the 4.5k spend without being shut down?

For $4.5k spend, the safe amount of VGC needed to meet spend is.....$4.5k
Old Jul 26, 2016, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by Thefirst
For $4.5k spend, the safe amount of VGC needed to meet spend is.....$4.5k
Lol. I'm not sure if you understood my question. I know that I've to do 4.5k total spend to meet the requirement.i was trying to ask how much out of the 4.5k would be ok to buy vgc without getting shutting down for buying vgcs only.does that make sense?
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:22 pm

2 1/2 weeks from application to $590 check delivered....sometimes it's just too easy. Now wifey's turn
Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:11 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by Stivelio
Lol. I'm not sure if you understood my question. I know that I've to do 4.5k total spend to meet the requirement.i was trying to ask how much out of the 4.5k would be ok to buy vgc without getting shutting down for buying vgcs only.does that make sense?
Mix 79.9% ms with 20.1% regular spend and you should be just fine, but I'm not an expert. As always YMMV.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Churnman
Mix 79.9% ms with 20.1% regular spend and you should be just fine, but I'm not an expert. As always YMMV.

To save you frustration and time deciphering our sarcasm, what both Churnman and I are getting at is that there is no hard number on getting "shutdown". I did $5k of MS with my Spark. $600 ($500 + $100 from 2% CB) bonus posted, redeemed as statement credit, wasn't shutdown.

There aren't hard numbers on these things usually. I did my purchases in $1k - $2k increments, like all my MS. Play it safe, don't cycle through your limit, and you'll be fine.

Edit to add: Usually whenever I get a new card to MS with, I'll do a few small purchases in the area where I will MS. Sometimes going for a $1k+ first purchase on a new card throws a fraud alert, so I break it in with a few purchases. Might be unnecessary for some, but I don't like having to call in to clear a fraud alert because I jumped into MS right out of the gates, its happened enough that I follow this routine for my new cards.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Thefirst
To save you frustration and time deciphering our sarcasm, what both Churnman and I are getting at is that there is no hard number on getting "shutdown". I did $5k of MS with my Spark. $600 ($500 + $100 from 2% CB) bonus posted, redeemed as statement credit, wasn't shutdown.

There aren't hard numbers on these things usually. I did my purchases in $1k - $2k increments, like all my MS. Play it safe, don't cycle through your limit, and you'll be fine.

Edit to add: Usually whenever I get a new card to MS with, I'll do a few small purchases in the area where I will MS. Sometimes going for a $1k+ first purchase on a new card throws a fraud alert, so I break it in with a few purchases. Might be unnecessary for some, but I don't like having to call in to clear a fraud alert because I jumped into MS right out of the gates, its happened enough that I follow this routine for my new cards.
Thanks and very much appreciated.
I definitely understand that anything MS is very YMMV and was just trying to get some DPs just to be somewhat safe
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:34 pm

Guys, need help! I definitely want to get Cap one Spark for the bonus and also for 2% (I don't have any 2% card). I unsuccessfully tried to apply for this one last month (7/5) but denied for too many new accounts. Also, my credit score was down at that time (~660) due to high utilization and new accounts.

This time score is back up ~720. I've 15 total accounts (4 opened this year), 18 inquiries (Experian & equifax). Unfortuantely, I don't have option of freezing one credit bureau since I can't do it online and website says to mail in the request form.

Can I try applying again or should I wait for few more months before applying?
Old Aug 7, 2016, 5:16 pm

I see a lock symbol online against a transaction that I did at a local Simon store. Does this symbol/icon mean anything to be concerned about?
Old Aug 7, 2016, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Can I get a personal venture and a biz spark at the same time? Our how long do I have to wait between apps?
Old Nov 18, 2016, 12:11 pm

Can anyone speculate on how much of a credit line C1 will give to me if I have a decent income (via my employer) but a small business income < $500?

In the past year I applied for both Chase Ink Plus and later the Amex Starwood business cards stating identical incomes for each. Chase required multiple calls from a branch advisor to get me approved with a $5k limit. Amex was instantly approved online with a $15k limit.

I have a $6,500 purchase coming up that cannot be split onto multiple cards. My fear is getting approved for a C1 Spark biz with a $5k or $6k limit.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by giddyforpoints
I'm attempting to churn this card after closing it last year. Will post if I receive the bonus again or not.
Did you happen to get the bonus again?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 7:33 pm

Just approved for another Spark Cash. Has anyone been successful in combining business accounts with Capital One? When I churn the Venture cards I close them out and move the credit limit to a no annual fee card. I would like to do something similar with the Spark Cash from last year before the annual fee hits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.