Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Superorb
These are Amex-network cards, issued and administered by Wells Fargo. American Express acts as the transaction processing network, in the same way that VISA process transactions for other Wells Fargo cards. Amex-network cards do not count against your four credit card limit with American Express, nor will you deal with American Express customer service.

There have been several data points that people on work visas don't qualify, only US citizens and permanent residents do. However some people with visas have also received this card.

If you have some relationship with wells fargo, less verification info is asked so keeping a checking with WF can be a good way to improve your chances.

Wells fargo also restricts CC signup bonuses to 1 per person lifetime. Some people have also reported one per address so YMMV.

You can have both types of Propel cards open simultaneously.

It easily takes 90-120 days after meeting the spend for the bonus to post.

Airline Fee Credit

Once per anniversary year.

It appears that one can wait until after the annual fee is charged, the get a second reimbursement of an airline expenditure, and then cancel to get the annual fee refunded.

Examples of airline related charges that have been reimbursed:

1. Gift cards of most airlines
2. BA award ticket taxes
3. AA award ticket taxes (booked via phone)
4. LH award redeposit fee (charged via phone)
5. Amazon GC through UA shopping app.

Examples of airline related charges that have NOT been reimbursed:

1. AS award date change fee ($125, charged online)
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
$175 Annual fee hit, immediately I purchased AA gift Card. 4 days later airline credit, called to Cancel. I was told that $175 annual fee is waived and account closed.

I burned last points on a gift card at 1cpp. Also lost the annual relationship bonus, I am PMA checking so 50%, would have received at month 13, but not worth the $175.
This means you got a 2nd $100 credit right?

I just looked, for my first credit I made the charge and the credit was posted the same day (at least according to my statement...I don't remember how it actually happened in real time).

Can I ask, when did your AF post? Sometime after your 11th statement period....so during your 12th billing cycle? On the same day that your 12th statement posted? Sometime after your 12th statement posted...so during your 13th billing cycle? Or when your 13th statement posted?

Just want to keep an eye out b/c my card anniversary is coming up in 2 months and I'd like to get another $100 credit if possible.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 7:17 pm

UA gift registry?

I read the wiki and several pages back, did not see if anyone has been able to get reimbursement for United gift registry?

thanks
Old Mar 2, 2017, 8:01 pm

SIAP, are these MR points or some sort of WF points?
Old Mar 6, 2017, 12:40 pm

UA gift registry?

To answer my own question, I charged $100 on the Propel World card to UA gift registry. Within two business days the charge both posted and generated the $100 annual travel credit.

However since the $175 annual fee has come due, I didn't see keeping it, so I have cancelled it.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 4:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Anyone here applied and did they ask for your W2 when applying
Old Apr 1, 2017, 12:56 am

How sensitive is WF to past inquiries? Can't be as bad as 5/24, right?
Old Apr 22, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: Food Lion MVP
Applied, met the min. spend within 1st week, waited 6 months for bonus, called customer service to open a case & 40k appeared in my account this week.

This is the 3rd time I've received the bonus on this card, ymmv
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by MYRflyer
Applied, met the min. spend within 1st week, waited 6 months for bonus, called customer service to open a case & 40k appeared in my account this week.

This is the 3rd time I've received the bonus on this card, ymmv
Nice, how long between closing old account and opening new accounts?

thanks
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:11 pm

Any news on this card since it has been removed from the web site? New design or features perhaps? I noticed in one section of the account manager the card has the AmEx logo in the lower right corner and the background looks dark black.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by MilesGator
This means you got a 2nd $100 credit right?

I just looked, for my first credit I made the charge and the credit was posted the same day (at least according to my statement...I don't remember how it actually happened in real time).

Can I ask, when did your AF post? Sometime after your 11th statement period....so during your 12th billing cycle? On the same day that your 12th statement posted? Sometime after your 12th statement posted...so during your 13th billing cycle? Or when your 13th statement posted?

Just want to keep an eye out b/c my card anniversary is coming up in 2 months and I'd like to get another $100 credit if possible.

Have you been hit with the fee yet? My anniversary date is coming up this week and my next statement closes after the anniversary date. I want to double up on the credit and then close.

From your username I am guessing you are Gator fan. I graduated there in 1990.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Has this product been discontinued?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 11:31 pm

I was a bit off in my earlier post, my 12th statement closes on 7/10 (and I'm assuming the AF will post then). So I won't know until then whether I can get another credit. Seems like, from the posts above, others are having success getting another one as long as you make the purchase very soon after the AF hits. If you have success, I'd love to hear about it.

Yep, I graduated in 2006 (BS) and just last month (PhD). Go Gators!
Old Jun 15, 2017, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by MilesGator
Yep, I graduated in 2006 (BS) and just last month (PhD). Go Gators!
My brother went to FSU and his wife UF. His wife's parents are divided as well. I went to FSU too. Go Noles! She also got her PhD from UF. It's a good school, I almost went there but it was a while ago when FSU had a better IT program.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:37 pm

Update, card anniversary date june 17, waited until june 18 to pay early bird check in on SWA. Got remaining 10 refund from past year airline credit instead of the full 90 for 3 people. Called in and got the run around finally got the right department. They said to wait until the statement cut and the refund would kick in automatically.

Statement cut last night, lo and behold no credit applied. Spent 30 minutes to get to the right department and be told, yes it should have applied, we will do a manual credit after your next statement, which will include the renewal fee. Told them I was upset with this. Told them to cancel my card and issue me a check for the $90 credit.

Hadn't planned on canceling but they gave me a good reason.

---

For those double dipping I hope you have better luck than I did.

Paid my bill yesterday and closed the card mainly because of their poor customer service. Now sitting on $90 credit, which wasn't supposed to be there until next statement.
This is why I cancelled, yet again csr doesn't know what they are talking about. Now I have to call to get a check issued.

Is the 5% cash back card customer service just as bad?

Last edited by philemer; Jun 28, 2017 at 11:20 am Reason: merged 2 posts
Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:33 am

For anybody who cares - MPX reimbursements still work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.