Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Superorb
These are Amex-network cards, issued and administered by Wells Fargo. American Express acts as the transaction processing network, in the same way that VISA process transactions for other Wells Fargo cards. Amex-network cards do not count against your four credit card limit with American Express, nor will you deal with American Express customer service.

There have been several data points that people on work visas don't qualify, only US citizens and permanent residents do. However some people with visas have also received this card.

If you have some relationship with wells fargo, less verification info is asked so keeping a checking with WF can be a good way to improve your chances.

Wells fargo also restricts CC signup bonuses to 1 per person lifetime. Some people have also reported one per address so YMMV.

You can have both types of Propel cards open simultaneously.

It easily takes 90-120 days after meeting the spend for the bonus to post.

Airline Fee Credit

Once per anniversary year.

It appears that one can wait until after the annual fee is charged, the get a second reimbursement of an airline expenditure, and then cancel to get the annual fee refunded.

Examples of airline related charges that have been reimbursed:

1. Gift cards of most airlines
2. BA award ticket taxes
3. AA award ticket taxes (booked via phone)
4. LH award redeposit fee (charged via phone)
5. Amazon GC through UA shopping app.

Examples of airline related charges that have NOT been reimbursed:

1. AS award date change fee ($125, charged online)
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:33 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
Data point: applied 8/26, received rejection just after labor because of "an insufficient relationship with Wells Fargo. Called customer service twice, was told by two CSR that I needed to go talk a banker, that it was now WF policy that new customers without prexisting relationships with WF have to apply in person. Stopped by a bank after work today. My banker was surprised, he made a call and was told to set me up with an a regular checking account, and then send my application back to reconsideration. I now have a new bank account, and am waiting for a response.
family member got a request for statements b/c of no ckg acct with wells fargo. IF you apply again with a ckg or sav acct is it easier to get approved?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:23 pm

Anyone figure out how to get the goddamn tape off the back of this card? For some reason, some a$$hat in marketing thought it was a good idea to put double sided tape to hold the card to the mailer, which of course after sitting in the heat in the mailbox the residue stuck to the card after peeling the tape. I've tried soapy water, goo b gone, alcohol wipes, and a razor blade all to no avail. Drives me absolutely nuts because it gets stuck in my wallet every time I go to take it out or put it back in.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 6:06 am

I use orange oil to remove adhesive residue. Works great (except it sometimes can disolve cheap plastics).
Old Sep 18, 2014, 7:24 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Does GoGo wifi purchase on a flight count towards our $100?

Wondering if a GoGo wifi purchase on a Delta flight would be considered an airline incidental and count towards our $100 credit?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by david4455
Wondering if a GoGo wifi purchase on a Delta flight would be considered an airline incidental and count towards our $100 credit?
Most likely not because it is billed by Gogo and not Delta.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 9:54 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by michael_v
Most likely not because it is billed by Gogo and not Delta.
Thanks.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 9:39 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Given the changes is there a benefit to using the points to pay for airfare other than just using other OTAs and cash?
Old Sep 20, 2014, 10:29 am

WF is one of the worst banks (it`s CSR are one of the worst and don`t give a damn-I first experienced it when they did a huge balance transfer to my account from some unknown person, and it took them forever to take it off while promising to call back, etc, etc), and while I`ve been their customer (checking and money market) for over a decade, my recent experience with Propel card`s CS (different info, careless attitude of it`s supervisors, etc) is leading to closing all my accounts with WF. Watch out for what they do with your accounts.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Tofe
ordered $100 delta e-gc and $100 credit showed up next day. woot!
I havent seen any language blocking it, but could I buy extra bag allowance with a delta gift card? I know I could buy it directly with the WF card, but I'd rather just get the $100 gift card, then spend it on 4 bags round trip (as long as a ski tube/bag counts as a bag)
Old Sep 20, 2014, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by wholelottamiles
Here's the wording, I haven't done it yet but I'm pretty sure it's all electronic because they want it to be an Airline Benefit not something convertible.

Special Airline Benefit

As a Wells Fargo Propel 365 American Express card holder, you will be eligible for one $100 airline benefit each year. You can use this benefit toward the purchase of any air travel or to pay any associated fees, such as baggage fees.
so it sounds like this has to be one charge, not, say, 3 different expenses and automatically reimbursed?

I guess a $100 e-gift card is the best way to do this then.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by teddy25
Has anyone received the 40,000 from this card after finishing spending on the 5% card?
Yes, I did.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: spirit elite, MRgold Hilton Gold
Purchased two inter island flights on hawaiian with this card, it took money off as if it were the airline benefit.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 4:54 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by rjs11
Given that this card is issued on the Amex network, will online Serve loads earn points? Amex cards don't earn points when loading Serve, but is that the same for a Wells Fargo card that uses the Amex network? Thoughts?
Wondering if anyone has tried using this card with serve. I'm more interested in min spend, and want to make sure I won't incur a cash advance fee.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by beachbrew
Purchased two inter island flights on hawaiian with this card, it took money off as if it were the airline benefit.
How much was the charge?
Old Sep 26, 2014, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
Wondering if anyone has tried using this card with serve. I'm more interested in min spend, and want to make sure I won't incur a cash advance fee.
I loaded $1,500 to Serve, my statement hasn't closed yet, but I am not seeing any cash advance fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.