Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

AA Citi card miles not transferred to AAdvantage accounts [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
If you have a BUSINESS card and do not see Miles credited to your AAdvantage account, please post in this thread in the AA forum: CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Mastercard - Loyalty Points Post but 0 Miles

See also this thread: Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Print Wikipost

AA Citi card miles not transferred to AAdvantage accounts [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2014, 6:36 am

Farewell my friends (in this thread). For my 2nd card's miles have posted. 2 statements in, 2 day after my statement closed.

All is almost-well in the world.

I doubt I will be around these streets again looking for a 3rd hit of that Citi 100k card.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:12 am

I finally got my miles today.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 9:16 am

I got my miles today! My first statement closed on 3/22. I did had to switch my AA#, since the one I provided them was shut down due to inactivity back in 2012. This definitely added to the delay as AA and Citi went back in fourth trying to confirm the appropriate AA#.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 10:22 am

Still waiting on mine on Citi exec card #1 (#2 appears to be fine). No miles posted after first statement, second statement where I met the spend closed 4/4 and no miles.

I confirmed with AA that my account was properly linked -- "opened a case" as recommended in the wiki, which didn't seem to do anything (and they weren't able to give a case number).

I asked Citi to resend the miles, which they said they couldn't do, but everything should be cleared up on my next (May) statement. I tried SM'ing a version of the message someone pasted above about the delay making me uncomfortable, which resulted in an apology but the same "we can't do anything" response.

After the last SM where they apologized and said bluntly they didn't meet their own standards of customer service, I asked for a mileage credit for my trouble. Just found out a couple of minutes ago they'll be giving me 2,000 extra bonus miles.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 11:11 am

Citi Business card

In November of 13 applied for Citi AA business card 53,098 miles reported to AA on 12/30/13. After many phone calls to AA still no miles in my account. Citi AA Exec card applied for in late March met spend 4/14/14 and miles posted next day? Every time I call CSRs just say wait. Very frustrating. At this point zero confidence I AA
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by stupidzbu
I also had 'success' today after one full month of going back and forth, i sent this

I then got a call and voicemail from CITI EXEC office telling me not to worry

and then this SM

I'm on my 3rd Exec card now
miles posted yesterday....
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by Gooselator714
In November of 13 applied for Citi AA business card 53,098 miles reported to AA on 12/30/13. After many phone calls to AA still no miles in my account. Citi AA Exec card applied for in late March met spend 4/14/14 and miles posted next day? Every time I call CSRs just say wait. Very frustrating. At this point zero confidence I AA
Business cards have had the most trouble, mine included. Supposedly the problem was going to be fixed at the end of March, and the miles are supposed to appear on the first statement after 3/31. That means 4/28. We'll see.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by LWT3

Business cards have had the most trouble, mine included. Supposedly the problem was going to be fixed at the end of March, and the miles are supposed to appear on the first statement after 3/31. That means 4/28. We'll see.
Exact same situation for me. Biz, closing date 4/28 I will do cartwheels if they show up this time.

My march statement showed all points earned, 0 reported
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:44 am

any luck to cancel this after 3 months and get the annual fee prorated?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:47 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
Originally Posted by quikie
any luck to cancel this after 3 months and get the annual fee prorated?
I'm in the same boat. I don't think so. Best I'm hoping for is a good retention offer to offset the $250. $250 for 110k AADV is a good deal. $150 is better if they offer you the statement credit and points.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:37 pm

As suggested in a previous post, I attempted to "escalate" the matter in an SM and received a reply that it would cost $35 to expedite the transfer of the points. Should I keep pushing for them to do it for free?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:36 pm

I got a response that my accounts are linked, with a date and not just a vague confirmation, but that they won't expedite miles. Since my statement closes next week I'll just wait for that rather than fight, since it seems the key step for actually posting the miles has occurred.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by ashap
Exact same situation for me. Biz, closing date 4/28 I will do cartwheels if they show up this time.

My march statement showed all points earned, 0 reported
I sent an SM asking them to confirm that my AA number had been linked, and they said it was on 4/12. That gives me some hope I'll see the miles after the 4/28 statement closes.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Called AA today after giving them the 30 days they asked for to resolve my missing miles issue; needless to say, the miles still haven't shown up. When I called to follow-up today they said they will reach out to Citi again, but I would have to wait 30 days for a response. Wow.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 1:49 am

Programs: Flying and sleeping
My Exec miles posted today. First statement closed 3/22, second 4/22. Still waiting on Business bonus earned in February.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.