Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SM & $100 Statement credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SM & $100 Statement credit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
You get MQM as part of this deal too? I missed that. How many?
Sorry - for this card, just RDM.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 8:22 am

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
Originally Posted by blackmamba
No, you'll just get the credit. If the letter didn't say anything else is required to get the credit then you will just get the credit.
Perfect, thanks.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by saranyc
Perfect, thanks.
Keep the letter & if the $100 doesn't post by the next statement cut then I'd call or secure message AXP.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 4:32 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by srdshelly
I just noticed I got it too! Do these $100 credits (I have two now) count against the $5,000 spend I need to meet in order to get the 45k? Not that I'm complaining, but it would be good to know as I need to complete that within a few weeks. I got the first $100 credit after a legitimate Delta ticket purchase.
To answer my own question, I just passed $4,800 in net spending ($5,000 spent, less the two $100 credits). The 45,000 additional Delta points posted. So the credits do not decrease your spend in calculating when you've reached the $5,000 needed.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:38 am

I have a couple of questions regarding the posting of the 45K points and when that should happen.

I was about $800 shy of my 5K spend on the 5th and so I went out and bought 2 vanilla reloads at CVS to put me over the 5K. The statement closed on the 8th and I paid it in full on the 9th (and the statement balance put me over the 5K since I had just bought the reloads a few days before). My points for paying the balance posted on the 10th but the 45K bonus still hasn't posted. Everything else has worked like clockwork with the card (and very quickly)--$100 statement credit (x2--I was one of the lucky ones), 10K and 25K posted 2 days after the first purchase.

So my questions are:
1. For those of you who have received the 45K bonus, did it take awhile before they posted? Is it more realistic to think that they won't post until after the statement closes again on 2/8 even though I've paid the balance in full?

2. Do Vanilla reloads count towards the min. spend? I thought I read somewhere in the T&C that reload cards do not apply but maybe I'm just making that up? (hope so!)

3. When I paid my balance in December, I mixed a couple of numbers up when I was typing in the payment on my online bill pay service and ended up underpaying by a slight amount when I had intended to pay in full (note to self: Do not pay bills late at night when too tired to type order of numbers correctly!) Basically I ended up paying a small finance charge because of the slight underpayment. This won't affect the bonus 45K, will it (as in, does this cancel out the bonus if you carry a balance from one month to the next)?

Sorry for so many questions! We are trying to plan a trip and need the
45K miles to book it and seats at the low level are going quickly so I'm just trying to figure out how long it will realistically take (and if I've even met the min. spend yet with reloads). THANKS!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 5:44 am

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by nancyeast
My points for paying the balance posted on the 10th but the 45K bonus still hasn't posted. Everything else has worked like clockwork with the card (and very quickly)--$100 statement credit (x2--I was one of the lucky ones), 10K and 25K posted 2 days after the first purchase.
Me too...I've send a SM to Amex and will wait for their response.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 7:10 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
Me too...I've send a SM to Amex and will wait for their response.
Uh oh... you're making me nervous. Would you mind sharing what you wrote to Amex?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 7:33 am

Programs: SQ
I just asked where my miles were. They said 24-48 hours
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:03 am

Do you mean 24-48 hours after you met the spend or 24-48 hours from the time they messaged you back? Think I'll message them too and will post an update if I receive one (hope you will too)!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 3:44 pm

I heard back from my secure message to AMEX and was told that they have put in a request to transfer my points to Delta Skymiles but the transfer is not showing up yet on the Delta side. At least something was initiated--guess I'll just hold tight another day or two (AMEX recommended calling Delta and asking them about it). Hope everyone else's post quickly!
Old Jan 18, 2013, 4:12 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Just got my bonus!

My final 45,000 miles just posted!

Amex registered my minimum spend yesterday, my statement closed, the miles posted overnight. Not sure if it's the minimum spend or statement close that triggered the transfer.

Note: Even though I have 5,033 in total credit card charges, I did return some things, and my net spend is actually closer to 4,200.

My loot from this offer includes $200 in statement credits + 78,000 miles (counting the 4000 bonus, and miles from the minimum spend). I'm planning on burning these miles in the next month.

Thanks to everyone for their help!
Old Feb 2, 2013, 3:58 am

I just received my 45,000 bonus miles yesterday, Feb 1st. I am going into my 5th month of owning this card and have only charged a little over $4,000. I figured maybe by the end of this month I would have charged the required $5,000 within 6 months to obtain the 45,000 bonus miles. But Delta surprised me and gave them to me early. I do not understand why, but who am I to complain?

Question: Is it easy to combine multiple Delta FF accounts into one account? I now have 4 Delta FF accounts in my name, with miles in each account.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by KellyLS
I just received my 45,000 bonus miles yesterday, Feb 1st. I am going into my 5th month of owning this card and have only charged a little over $4,000. I figured maybe by the end of this month I would have charged the required $5,000 within 6 months to obtain the 45,000 bonus miles. But Delta surprised me and gave them to me early. I do not understand why, but who am I to complain?
noticed the same thing in a family member's account with only ~$4400 net spend. account had received ~$400 credits including amex promos but definitely hadn't hit $5K. wondering if we still need to spend the extra $600. hmmm decisions decisions...
Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:18 am

duplicate post

Last edited by brownie20; Feb 3, 2013 at 3:44 pm Reason: iphone error! :p
Old Feb 3, 2013, 1:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
weird...wife's card has 4450 in spending and the 45k didnt post on her account....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.