Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 21, 2011, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: aa

[Update: $1000 spend now required. Seen on PC website & personal reports in this thread.]

I know Chase has been targeting people with 80k points offers and there has been a public 60k points offer since the crack the case promotion. I created this thread because I think I found a link for what might be the non-targeted

80k offer Dead

which redirects to

Application Page Dead

The application page doesn't say anything about 80,000 points. The link is what I got after watching the visa promo video.

• 80,000 bonus points after first use.
  • Free night every year at any of our hotels. (You need to call 1-877-318-5890 after your anniversary date to redeem it)
  • 5 points per $ spent at our hotels
  • 2 points per $ spent on gas,groceries and dining
  • 1 point per $ on everything else
  • 10% points rebate on any redemptions. (These post automatically after the statement date)
  • No fee 1st year, then $49.
  • No foreign transaction fees.
If you are thinking of applying for the PC card it might not hurt to try using this link. In case, this is a targeted offer you can always ask for Chase to match the public 60k offer: Landing page and Application page

Edit to add: Read posts 62 & 72. Two have applied and received confirmations that they would get 80k.

You can send a secure message to bump the bonus if you got the card within the last 3 months. Sending a secure message with the links works better than calling. This was my experience with bumping the CO card bonus too. Read post 79 for a confirmation of bonus bump.

As pointed out in post 27, you must click the legal disclosures button before you can submit the application.

Make the first purchase during a statement cycle which ends on/after 1/1/2012 and get platinum status until 31/12/2013.

Last edited by philemer; Mar 11, 2015 at 7:52 pm Reason: update to show $1000 requirement
Old Nov 21, 2011, 6:38 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the links. I was planning on getting my wife a card in the next month to take advantage of 60K points and pretty much Platinum status for 2 years as she would 1st use it in January so might use the link if she doesn't get a targeted offer within the next month.

The free night a year definitely pays for the annual fee of $49 (waived 1st year)
Old Nov 21, 2011, 6:53 am

I think this is the standard 60K offer.

The 80K offer has always been targeted.

Emailed priority club and asked about 80k offer and they gave me a link to 60K offer.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 6:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pattayatiger
I think this is the standard 60K offer.

The 80K offer has always been targeted.

Emailed priority club and asked about 80k offer and they gave me a link to 60K offer.
mind telling us what you get with the 60k points? how much in giftcards or can be transfered?

thanks
Old Nov 21, 2011, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by jonny1
mind telling us what you get with the 60k points? how much in giftcards or can be transfered?

thanks
The only value is hotel stays. Some other exchanges but very bad rate.

Get card if you want to stay at hotel.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 7:26 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum

thanks
If you use their point breaks you can really spread it out.
Only 5,000 points per night!
Old Nov 21, 2011, 7:28 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum

thanks
The current pointbreak list is good until the end of Nov:
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...intbreaks.html
Old Nov 21, 2011, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by sun_aa
The link is what I got after watching the visa promo video.
What is the promotion code you enter for the 1000 points for watching the video? Would love to net an easy 1k points for 90 seconds of ignoring a video.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 11:34 am

Programs: Credit Cards
I applied for the 60k offer... got it, but wanted the 80k which they wouldn't do unless I provide them with an invitation code... still waiting for one of those to arrive in mail if it ever does.

While I was waiting for points to post I went from being Gold status to Platinum.

I maybe stayed in a IHG property once or twice, usually booked through a third party not direct. And only had 500 points in my account before the 60k credited.

Not sure what good the status will net me, but what the hell.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 12:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diam., Fairmont's PC, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
[QUOTE= While I was waiting for points to post I went from being Gold status to Platinum. Not sure what good the status will net me, but what the hell.[/QUOTE]

You mean that the 60K bonus points got you over the platinum 60k membership threshold?In others words are those bonus points "qualifying points"?
Old Nov 21, 2011, 12:43 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Savannah2000
You mean that the 60K bonus points got you over the platinum 60k membership threshold?In others words are those bonus points "qualifying points"?
Yes.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 1:27 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Savannah2000
Pretty much all points are qualifying with PC. That is easy to make status but makes status not worth so much. Good and bad.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa
You can convert 10,000 points into 2000 miles but its not a good value. Also you can earn tons of points for every stay if you register for the promo codes mentioned in the master thread in the IHG forum.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 5:42 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
i think both links take me to the application page...

still i'm targeted and might get the card come january...that way plat status for all of 2013...
Old Nov 21, 2011, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kdoughboy
What is the promotion code you enter for the 1000 points for watching the video? Would love to net an easy 1k points for 90 seconds of ignoring a video.
You may want to read this

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.