Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 19, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SeeBuyFly
MOST CURRENT WORKING LINKS.

Citi AA platinum Personal Visa 50,000 miles after $2500 spend in 4 months (Note: no AC passes or statement credit). $85 Annual Fee. Waived first year.

End of an era Ladies and gents. The 50k offer is now dead.

Citi Business MasterCard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here
Citi Platinum Select Visa. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months.$95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Business Mastercard. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months.
Citi Personal Platinum Select. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Gold AA World Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months.
$50 annual fee,waived 1st year.

Citi Business Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year.

Citi Gold AA Visa Signature Card. 25,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months. $50 annual fee,waived 1st year. Landing page available here

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

CitiBank Phone Numbers. (Please add the others that you know)
  • (800) 695-5171 – Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
  • (800) 763-9795 – General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
  • (800) 645-7240 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (800) 288-4653 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (866) 606-2787 – General Application and Account Questions with live rep
  • (888) 201-4523 – Application status
  • (866) 606-2961 – Reconsideration Line.
  • Twitter : @AskCiti. Very powerful tool.

FAQ

1. Are these cards churnable?
Yes, they are. BUT you’ll have to wait anywhere from 12 to 26 months before applying again. Approvals have happened at the 13 month mark and denials at 24.
There is no set 18 month rule, but always err on the side of caution when churning.
Also- it’s from DATE OF APPROVAL and not from date of cancellation.

2.What are the most current rules in applying for these cards?
#ONLY ONE APPLICATION in a day (make that 30 hours to be safe)
#No more than 2 apps in 65 (approximately) days.
Example:
Day 1 40K personal platinum
Day 2 or later 25-30K personal gold
65+ days later 40K business

While the day limits are a little flexible by a few days either way and YMMV, the rules themselves are not flexible.

3. How long does it take for the Admiral passes to arrive?
For the better part, it takes about 3 months. This is not a set number, and some have received theirs sooner.It's been deduced that the passes are handled by a 3rd party that mails them in batches. Please don’t call Citi for the passes, because you’ll mostly find a CSR who doesn't know better and will give you wrong information.

4. Can I apply for a business card if I don’t have a business?
Technically, you can. But you may be asked for a 4506-T form, or to provide proof of business or/and a copy of a bill with your business name on it. If you don't already have a credit history for the business name you plan to use (meaning this is your first rodeo) then it is recommended you use your name as the business name with no income and 0 as years in business.

5. How do I get the statement credit?
First, you have to make sure if the offer you signed up for gave you A $150 credit or UP TO A $150 statement credit. For the 1st, any AA coded purchase ($50 AA GC seems to be the simplest option here) will/should trigger it. For the 2nd, you’ll have to spend $150 to get the $150 credit.
For more information on what will work and what won’t, please see here (thanks sdsearch) and here (thanks dogbyte)

6. Does the $150 account credit (for AA purchases using the VISA or AMEX) count against the spending required to receive the initial mileage bonus?
No. It does not. (Put differently: any account credit you receive has no impact on your spending total for purposes of earning the "X thousand miles for $Y spent in the first Z months" bonus.)

7. Can I buy Visa gift cards to meet my minimum spend?
There’s a very good chance that it’ll be coded as a cash advance.
It’s recommended to call citi and have them set your Cash Advance limit to zero. (thanks KennyBSAT)

8. Do I get 10% back when redeeming miles for awards?
It depends. First, the rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply if you hold only the Citi Gold World MasterCard.

Also, the maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate; the restriction applies per AAdvantage account.

9. At what locations are my one day Club passes valid?
All valid locations are listed here.
Print Wikipost

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2013, 6:47 am

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Data point from App Day

I applied through the plat visa link on 4/15. Got a pending we need more info. Did a chat...said they'd get back to me in a week. Did a call said they'd get back to me in a week. I then waited two weeks and hadn't heard anything. I did another chat and was approved!

I've had all the AA Citi cards except the Amex and Executive in the past and it's been about 18 months since my last AA Citi card but December '12 since my last Citi App (Hilton Reserve).

On my app day I did the BofA Alaska Card (approved after phone call), Amex Plat Mercedes (approved after phone call), AA Citi Visa (approved after phone call and 2 chats), and US Bank Club Carlson (denied w/ letter and follow-up phone call).

3 out of 4 isn't too bad for a churn (772 Credit Karma score but w/ a ton of inquiries). I'll wait another 91-120 days for my next round including the AA Citi Amex.
Old May 1, 2013, 9:34 am
c2d

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott, HHonors, Avis et al.
Originally Posted by Happy
Based on the posts about the arrival time of the AC passes and people's application dates, it seems that the sending of AC passes indeed is a batch process which may be bi-monthly or even by quarter - those who applied in January (myself Jan 8th) and those who applied in February, are getting their passes since Mid April.

So one could make a rough estimate on when the passes would arrive depends on when the application was. For those at the beginning of the processing cycle, would have to wait 3+ to almost 4 months. For those at the ending side of the processing cycle, would only need to wait 2 months.

A crude guess of course and by no means any "facts" in case someone wants to nitpick. Though hopefully it would help others who are waiting for their passes to draw a timeline for the expected arrival time of their passes.
Happy, your 'batch process' assessment sounds reasonable, especially given the workmanship involved in those physical cards Data point: Applied for 50k Amex on 2/21. AC passes arrived 4/29. Expiration date of passes is 12/31/2013.

[may be totally unrelated, but I completed min spend in 4/10, 50k miles posted on 4/22, which was the statement closing date].
Old May 1, 2013, 10:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold
As a Citi AAdvantage Gold Level MasterCard holder, if I called and upgraded to the Platinum Level Visa from Citi would I get the bonus miles offered to new customers?
Old May 1, 2013, 10:11 am

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by RDB68
As a Citi AAdvantage Gold Level MasterCard holder, if I called and upgraded to the Platinum Level Visa from Citi would I get the bonus miles offered to new customers?
You could call and ask, but almost certainly not. Keep in mind that if you haven't had a Platinum level AA Visa or MC or a Signature AA AMEX for ~18 months or more, you should be considered a new customer and receive the bonus if approved for a new card. All without cancelling your current gold card.
Old May 1, 2013, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by RDB68
Unlikely. It's very rare to get promotional signup bonuses when converting one card to another. You would have to apply so it would be seen as a new product.
Old May 1, 2013, 12:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold
I appreciate the responses and they are what I expected.

If I were to cancel my Citi AAdvantage Gold Level MasterCard today, do I need to wait to apply for the Platinum Level Visa? Do I even have to cancel the Gold Level MasterCard to apply for the Platinum Level Visa?
Old May 1, 2013, 1:21 pm

Applied and Approved for the Visa from Link#2. Got to step 5 and was approved via Chat with moving credit around.

Note: Applied and approved for 2 Citi HHonors and 1 Citi Reserve in Jan. 2013.

Question: Is the annual free waived the first year on the 45k miles/$150 statement credit & AC passes?
Old May 1, 2013, 1:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by deedle
Question: Is the annual free waived the first year on the 45k miles/$150 statement credit & AC passes?
It should be. You can confirm it the "Terms and Conditions" of the offer (included below the application).
Old May 1, 2013, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by gv111
It should be. You can confirm it the "Terms and Conditions" of the offer (included below the application).
That was easy! Thanks for that, always forget most info is found there

And it is waived the first year.
Old May 1, 2013, 2:02 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA, UA
Applied for the World MasterCard 5 minutes back, 75 days after getting the Amex personal + Business cards.

Approved without having to call, used the 30k for $750 spent link.
Old May 1, 2013, 5:42 pm

Someone posted within the past week about hoping they got their AC passes for a trip they have this month. I tried to find the post but could not.

I just got 4 today and won't be using them anytime soon. PM me and I will loan you mine and you can send me yours when you get them.
Old May 1, 2013, 8:28 pm

Approved with first link 20 min ago on 5/1/13. Called and my details are 50k miles after $2500 in 4 months, $89 fee NOT waived unfortunately. Kinda bummed about the fee but i can squeeze the 50k for good value.
Old May 1, 2013, 8:57 pm

Programs: american airlines
Originally Posted by sftravelninja
Approved with first link 20 min ago on 5/1/13. Called and my details are 50k miles after $2500 in 4 months, $89 fee NOT waived unfortunately. Kinda bummed about the fee but i can squeeze the 50k for good value.
where is the link bc I want to got 50k but cant figure out which link it is. thanks!!
Old May 1, 2013, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by peopleplatters
where is the link bc I want to got 50k but cant figure out which link it is. thanks!!
Page 1 that says Personal Visa. Here is link though, keep in mind i have to pay annual fee. I don't remember having to when i had the Amex version or if others are now.

https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3001
Old May 1, 2013, 9:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by sftravelninja
Page 1 that says Personal Visa. Here is link though, keep in mind i have to pay annual fee. I don't remember having to when i had the Amex version or if others are now.

https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3001
Print the t&c if you're worried about the fee, they clearly state it's waived for the first year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.