Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Airways Dividend Miles Secured Card from BofA for Bad/Poor Credit!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2008, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

I want to contribute and help those poor souls like me with BAD or POOR credit.

I recently went to a Bank of America branch and asked for a secured credit card since I knew my score was awful. The banker said I should apply for some other card I like and if I don't qualify, I will get a counter-offer. So as I had nothing to lose, I picked a US Airways card.

The system came back with an offer of a secured US Airways Visa. $50 annual fee, 5000 bonus miles, 1 mile per 1$ spent and a $149 companion certificate. After 9 months, BofA will re-evaluate and maybe unsecure the card.

To my knowledge, this is the BEST offer for people with bad credit who still want to earn miles and improve their score at the same time. Hope this helps someone else like me!

P.S. When I was applying for the CC, I also opened a checking account and a savings account. Maybe that helped the application. If you'd like to open one, contact me and I will send you referrals so that we both can get a $25 bonus.

Last edited by mirobatka; Sep 8, 2008 at 10:47 pm Reason: More info
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:15 am

I'm ready for a miles card. My credit score is borderline ready so I'm going to try for the secured option to see if I can get a cards. Can you please send me the info for the referral? Thank you.

Happy Tebow,
LadyTrvlr
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:18 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Originally Posted by Ladytrvlr
... Can you please send me the info for the referral?
Welcome to FlyerTalk. The post to which you replied was written in 2008. Bank of America no longer issues US Airways cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.