Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EAU on Mileage ticket now in effect!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2011, 7:23 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
Called the elite line yesterday and confirmed that Award ticket EUA is only for holders of one of the two CO affiliated credit cards.
how to verify if i and my parents are on the upgrade list? i got an onepass card because of the upgrade on award ticket.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
question. If im on a reward flight and im with someone on a paid ticket, can i add them as a companion?
Old Apr 17, 2011, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by pbd456
how to verify if i and my parents are on the upgrade list? i got an onepass card because of the upgrade on award ticket.
You should be on the upgrade waitlist, but you will only be able to add one companion. After you check in go to pda.continental.com . If you are on the same reservation as someone who isn't elite you will miss the opportunity to get upgraded in advance.

Originally Posted by njxbean
question. If im on a reward flight and im with someone on a paid ticket, can i add them as a companion?
Yes.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K
To the original poster: This is great news! Several people have been wondering when the actual rollout would be after Scott confirmed that the Pres Plus reward EUA's were coming. It is one of the perks of the Pres Plus card that I have been eagerly awaiting news of. So glad to hear that at least one person actually scored an upgrade -- and that people seem to be making the EUA waitlists.

I did not realize that reward Plat would be prioritized over lower paid elites. I have a reward trip scheduled for June, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Other Pres Plus cardholders: Please continue to keep all of us posted as to your EUA luck when travelling on reward tickets.

Old Apr 18, 2011, 3:17 pm

Programs: CO *G, UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
My co-worker, Plat with a Chase PP card, booked a ticket for a friend on a seperate flight (different routes/same destination) and the friend got upgraded on his flight. I guess the CO system still has the bugs of transferring the person who used the miles OnePass # into those booked for on reward, lucky friend.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 5:11 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
Called the elite line yesterday and confirmed that Award ticket EUA is only for holders of one of the two CO affiliated credit cards.
That's unfortunate for those CO elites who cannot get CO credit cards because they are not US persons.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
How is it legal for CO to tie award ticket EUA's to CO-branded credit cards? Something smells fishy here.

They give free EUA on revenue tickets regardless of how you paid for it yet award ticket EUA is tied to a CO credit card? If I paid CO for those tickets and earned the miles using any credit card I should absolutely be able to get a free EUA on an award ticket regardless of how I pay the taxes. This is bogus!

-RM
Old Apr 18, 2011, 5:36 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
How is it legal for CO to tie award ticket EUA's to CO-branded credit cards?
Why wouldn't it be legal? DL gives upgrades to its elites that are tied to some DL co-branded credit cards too -- it just comes in the form of upgrade prioritization. Nothing unlawful about that either.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AA CK, DL PLT, HH DIA, MARRIOTT PLT, FAIRMONT LT PLT, HYATT DIA, SIXT PLT, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by pbd456
As of now its only EAU not airport standby list so there is no way to verify they are on the list.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 8:07 am

Location: Westchester with HPN (LGA, JFK, EWR possible but...)
Programs: AA EXP, UA PP, HHonor Diamond, etc.
I hope this perks will survive after the mileage program merger, though I highly doubt it...

Enjoy the benefit!
Old Apr 19, 2011, 9:50 am

Programs: United 2P
Originally Posted by njcommodore
I hope we can get EUAs as well.
sorry for the noob question, what is an EUA?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
I booked a non-status friend on an IAH-ATL round-trip itinerary using my miles. I'm PPlat and paid the taxes with my Chase PPlus card. Today, at T-48, I got an EUA notification that my friend had been upgraded on the return leg ATL-IAH.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by st530
I booked a non-status friend on an IAH-ATL round-trip itinerary using my miles. I'm PPlat and paid the taxes with my Chase PPlus card. Today, at T-48, I got an EUA notification that my friend had been upgraded on the return leg ATL-IAH.
Now that's interesting.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 7:37 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Hartmann
Now that's interesting.
And today at T-5, there are 6 people on the upgrade waiting list. So my non-status friend traveling on a SaverPass (20K) reward ticket (booked via my PPlat account and Chase PPlus card), managed to jump a bunch of elites to get EUA-ed. Hmmm...
Old May 4, 2011, 10:52 am

Programs: CO One Pass Hipster, *G, Expedia Elite Plus, :rolleyes: Premier Exec.
Originally Posted by Hartmann
Now that's interesting.
And today at T-5, there are 6 people on the upgrade waiting list. So my non-status friend traveling on a SaverPass (20K) reward ticket (booked via my PPlat account and Chase PPlus card), managed to jump a bunch of elites to get EUA-ed. Hmmm...
WW

Clearly a glitch. Here is hoping they do not close this loop hole.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.