Wiki Posts
Search

NO inflight entertainment

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2011, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA
NO inflight entertainment

Recently on CO 421 from IAH to SJC; however, there was NO inflight entertainment at all--no TV, no music--for the whole four hour flight. And I mentioned it to FA, and she said, "this is new aircraft, and we didn't have time to install it yet."
Old Feb 14, 2011, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by nihaoa
Recently on CO 421 from IAH to SJC; however, there was NO inflight entertainment at all--no TV, no music--for the whole four hour flight. And I mentioned it to FA, and she said, "this is new aircraft, and we didn't have time to install it yet."
In the future, you can check the flight status up to two days prior, which will list the IFE of your aircraft, barring any last-minute swaps.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by nihaoa
There are a couple of new delivery planes that have temporary seats and as a result no IFE

Sucks but a third party supplier messed this all up.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 11:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K/COPlat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Platinum
uninformed FA...the seats that CO has been installing it its aircraft are from a vendor that has been forging the FAA certification documents for the seat testing...therefore, while CO, the FAA, and Koito duke it out and figure out what to do, the new aircraft that are being delivered come with temporary loaner seats that are not fitted with LiveTV.

I think that covers it all, I am exhausted so sorry if this is a bit incoherent.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 11:15 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Can I make a request for the mods to please clamp down on new "NO IFE OMGLOLBBQ!" threads? A simple search of this forum reveals the whole backstory behind the Koito debacle and how to check the CO site to determine whether an aircraft has IFE in advance - and yet at least one of these threads pops up on a daily basis. Maybe create a sticky thread for a Koito Seating FAQ?
Old Feb 14, 2011, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K/COPlat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Platinum
+1

MODS, sticky please!
Old Feb 15, 2011, 6:46 am

Programs: UA Gold
Along with a sticky that says something like: "Reasons why you are within your EUA window, first class seats are available, and you haven't been upgraded yet."

Way too many of those too.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: United 1K
that might also explain no safety briefing on a similar flight, maybe, but no offer of a pre flight drink?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.