FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Print Wikipost

NYC Manufactured Spending Meetup?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:36 am
Original Poster

NYC Manufactured Spending Meetup?

Anyone interested? Let's kill 2 birds with 1 stone. As you know the potential of earning 3x Points On Dining With Chase Sapphire Preferred on First Friday of each month. Let me know & I will have us a place booked via opentable.

My preference would be Financial District or Soho. The day is 08-01-2014, Friday. Any time after 6:00 PM works for me.

Thanks.

Last edited by MileageAddict; Jul 25, 2014 at 4:41 am
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
NYC MS conference call might be easier to start?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:18 pm

fridays suck. can't wait to leave fin district. but any other day... ie stone street?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:19 pm
Suspended

Should I fly in?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rismoney
fridays suck. can't wait to leave fin district. but any other day... ie stone street?
Friday is the beginning of weekend therefore, it never sucks |o|. Well my idea was to accomplish 2 things at the same time as I mentioned in my initial post (3 x miles + brainstorm ideas). Anyway, I still feel August 1st Friday would be a great time however, that's just my own opinion. I can't dictate the terms here . Let's see how many folks are interested & by the end of month we can call a decision.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Aug 7, 2014 at 1:28 am Reason: changed font color to default
Old Jul 25, 2014, 5:22 am

TBH, first Friday of the month, if you're into that sorta thing, is the worst time to meet up with MSers since we like to go out with not MS friends, cover the bill with our CSP, and have them pay us back in cash...
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:50 am

3x Points On Dining? There is also restaurant week till Aug 15 http://www.nycgo.com/restaurantweek/

Are you gonna take a tab? Otherwise few extra points you'll be earning can't be considered as one of two birds.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: N/A
This sounds interesting to me but as a newbie I would have no idea what to expect. Count me in though, and yep restaurant weeks going on!
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by avagyan
3x Points On Dining? There is also restaurant week till Aug 15 http://www.nycgo.com/restaurantweek/

Are you gonna take a tab? Otherwise few extra points you'll be earning can't be considered as one of two birds.
Look at the upper right hand corner of http://www.opentable.com

It shows clearly that "chase sapphire" card holders gets 3X points. Not sure the link you sent has anything to do with Manufactured Spending. Anyway, I would say we will make a final decision by July 30 8:00 PM EST. Till then let ideas flow & we will decide then.

Thanks.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Aug 7, 2014 at 1:29 am Reason: changed font color to default
Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by trueflyer123
Look at the upper right hand corner of http://www.opentable.com

It shows clearly that "chase sapphire" card holders gets 3X points. Not sure the link you sent has anything to do with Manufactured Spending. Anyway, I would say we will make a final decision by July 30 8:00 PM EST. Till then let ideas flow & we will decide then.

Thanks.
What I mean is that few extra points on your bill won't worth any value to you once you'll know how to MS bigger than restaurant bill amounts.
I'd suggest to read the MS forum first (plus you'll have some tips to share on the event)

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Aug 7, 2014 at 1:29 am Reason: changed font color to default
Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:32 pm

I'm interested. Keep me posted.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for showing up. It was really great to meet you all in-person today & talk about MS. Can't wait for the next meet up on September 5 (first Friday of the month).

Special thanks to Andrew for opening few more MS options that works for me.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Aug 7, 2014 at 1:21 am
Old Aug 2, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SPG
Glad you folks were able to get together. I've been away for work most of the month, but will be around in September. Feel free to loop me in on the next go round . Happy to share my experiences of mostly failing in NYC. ^
Old Aug 3, 2014, 11:30 am

This is coming up on Wed if anyone is interested:

http://themilesprofessor.com/2014/07...-meetup-aug-6/
Old Aug 4, 2014, 4:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

While I appreciate Manufactured Spending is the reason FTers are meeting up in SFO I've relocated this thread to the CommunityBuzz forum as that is traditionally were such social events are planned and promoted. There is a permanent link to the thread in the MS forum and a sticky will be added to the top of the MS forum page to let all interested members know where to find these social events.

Regards,

tcook052
Manufactured Spending Forum Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.