Reload this Page >

LAX In-N-Out Planespotting Aug 17, 11:00-17:40

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by hastakala
Easy solution. Check out Beachcitiestransit.org for route map and schedule. Upon arrival you would take the "Lot C" shuttle and get off at the first stop. Walk two blocks east along 96th Street to the LAX City Bus Center and find the Beach Cities Transit bay. Catch Line #109 at 11:45 AM for $1 fare. Travel about 15 minutes until you reach the top of Imperial Hill, just before Main Street in El Segundo. Catch return bus @ either 2:15 or 3:35. Will join you if available; won't know until day before.
Thats a good plan. I have taken the 109 Bus before and I didnt even think of if until you mentioned it. Nice recommendation!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL Gold, Starwood Gold
I may be able to join in for part of the fun. And, as a local, I'll have a car. Let me know your schedule once you decide whether you'll be at In-N-Out or El Segundo.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Sorry, would've joined, but will be a week late.

Enjoy your burgers and all the plane-spotting

Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH Senator, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by secret_chimp
I may be able to join in for part of the fun. And, as a local, I'll have a car. Let me know your schedule once you decide whether you'll be at In-N-Out or El Segundo.
Thank you Secret Chimp, I fly in to LAX via Virgin America 321, arriving at 11.45am. I am not flying out until 1am later that day, ample amount of time to do if not one, but both locations. I hope to do In and Out first, then maybe grab a taxi (if I haven't figured out the shuttles and buses by then) to go to the Imperial Hill and back to the airport.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 10:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by flyhen
Thank you Secret Chimp, I fly in to LAX via Virgin America 321, arriving at 11.45am. I am not flying out until 1am later that day, ample amount of time to do if not one, but both locations. I hope to do In and Out first, then maybe grab a taxi (if I haven't figured out the shuttles and buses by then) to go to the Imperial Hill and back to the airport.
If you've got that much time you probably even have time to catch the "Ocean Express Shuttle" and go over to Manhattan Beach, which has shops, bars, restaurants, pier, volleyball & is 10 minutes from LAX.

OE runs along Century Blvd (aka, hotel row) & stops in downtown MB near the pier. I think the last shuttle back is around 9:30-10:00pm. There's a small fee ($2; $5?). It runs a continual circuit from hotels to MB. So at the airport you'd catch one of the hotel shuttles (Hilton, Marriott, etc) to the hotel & then just catch the OE on Century in front of them & then reverse to the airport. All the hotel bellmen will have the schedule. Technically OE is supposed to be for hotel guests, but they don't ask you to show room keys. They just assume you're staying at the hotel if you're standing at the stop in front of it. http://www.gatewaytola.org/index.cfm...ocean-express/

Given the length of your stay & potential to do multiple things (In-n-Out, Imperial Hill, Flight Path Museum, Manhattan Beach), you might consider pricelining a car. You could probably get one pretty cheaply & it would be around the same that you'd be paying for cab to/from Imperial Hill.

Cheers.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

It's a week away, any more interested?
Old Aug 11, 2014, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Sounds like fun but alas will be on the other side of the planet. Last time I planespotted from that In-and-Out -- well, actually walking back to the Four Points after enjoying an animal-style burger -- noticed a large silver/white/blue 747 approaching. Initially thought it was a KLM flight, but as it got closer it turned out to be AF1! May you have a few unusual liveries appear overhead.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 3:53 pm

Programs: The usual for over 7 Million paid miles flown to date... My first paid flight was on a DC3.
I've eaten in some of the most recommended places throughout the world and have also owned a few successful restaurants over the years. As a So. California native, In-N-Out Burger has been my paragon of simple, inexpensive eating pleasure. My favorite item to order is "Animal Style Fries," which is on the so-called "Secret Menu." http://hackthemenu.com/in-n-out/secr...style-fries-3/
Old Aug 13, 2014, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by prspad
I've eaten in some of the most recommended places throughout the world and have also owned a few successful restaurants over the years. As a So. California native, In-N-Out Burger has been my paragon of simple, inexpensive eating pleasure. My favorite item to order is "Animal Style Fries," which is on the so-called "Secret Menu." http://hackthemenu.com/in-n-out/secr...style-fries-3/
Animal-style fries are so good but so overwhelming sometimes. I personally like ordering well-done cheese fries with a side of special sauce to dip in, so that the fries aren't swimming in the stuff. Sauteed onions I could go with or without.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Is it walkable to in n out? I fly in with Virginia America.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Free shuttle to In-n-Out

I've been there many times. But always drove a rental.
Here seems like another free way to get there by a free shuttle to a public parking garage. (Note: I have not used this).

http://gadling.com/2008/01/15/free-l...n-out-burgers/
Old Aug 16, 2014, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Quick question, how is the outdoor terrace in star alliance lounge for plane spotting?
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
If you can somehow swing a ride on the Embassy Suites Shuttle its just a 5 minute walk from there If Im around that day I would be happy to take you there.. But unsure of my schedule. You could then easily take the Embassy Suites Shuttle back to LAX..
Unfortunately I will not be able to attend tomorrow. My son has an afternoon DH (Baseball). If tomorrow will be like today weather wise, you will have very clear skies.. I have not been to the Star Alliance Lounge at TBIT ( but have heard great things, albeit food and drink along with the terrace and fireplace at night)
Get out to Imperial Hill and In and Out you have a long time hear, enjoy. Uber is real cheap too. Take care and I will PM you my Uber Code for a free $30 ride
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Thank you so much! I need to have a real good look at this and plan it out accordingly. Woot!

That being said, whoever can still join me or want to join me, please PM me. Looking forward to meet some FTers.

Last edited by flyhen; Aug 16, 2014 at 11:29 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.