Wiki Posts
Search

LAX In-N-Out Planespotting Aug 17, 11:00-17:40

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH Senator, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
LAX In-N-Out Planespotting Aug 17, 11:00-17:40

I will be flying into LAX at 10:55am on August 17, and leaving the same day at 5:45pm.

Will be having my first ever LAX In-N-Out burger plane spotting. Anyone interested in joining up and hanging out with burgers, jet fuel, and thunderous engine noise?

Also, per this thread, there's another good location to spot, but I think my transportation option is limited.

http://www.nycaviation.com/spotting-guides/lax/

Unless someone has a car, I guess Imperial Hill is out of the question.

Who's in?
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Argh, won't be back from AMS in time. Maybe next time. Enjoy!!!
Old Jul 17, 2014, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Do I have to rent a car to get to imperial hill? I have 6 hours there, take out the time for check-in and lounge, i think i can fit both in.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 5:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
I'll be doing my first a week later.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, USairways, BA, United, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Plat , Marriott, Sixt Platinum
Just did this a few weeks ago. Enjoy!
Old Jul 20, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by flyhen
Do I have to rent a car to get to imperial hill? I have 6 hours there, take out the time for check-in and lounge, i think i can fit both in.
If you can somehow swing a ride on the Embassy Suites Shuttle its just a 5 minute walk from there If Im around that day I would be happy to take you there.. But unsure of my schedule. You could then easily take the Embassy Suites Shuttle back to LAX..
Old Jul 20, 2014, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Interesting! Do you mean on my way to Imperial Hill that I should take the Embassy Suite shuttle? I am still trying to figure out how to get to In-N-Out.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by flyhen
Interesting! Do you mean on my way to Imperial Hill that I should take the Embassy Suite shuttle? I am still trying to figure out how to get to In-N-Out.
Google map the Embassy Suites in El Segundo and you'll see that its a straight walk to the end of the runway (walk toward the ocean). The shuttle is on an on-call basis, so I'm not sure if they would ask for your name to verify you are a guest. It's approximately 4 miles from the arrivals curb, so a taxi one way to Imperial Hill from LAX or In-N-Out would be do-able. Then, as Flying Machine suggested, it would be easy to ride back to the airport on the shuttle. Just act as if you're a hotel guest.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
The official name of that Embassy is "Embassy Suites LAX South" (there's a North, across the street from Budget).

Easiest way to get to In-n-Out is to hop the Parking Spot - Sepulveda shuttle (not Century). The garage is right next door.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 3:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by boxo
Google map the Embassy Suites in El Segundo and you'll see that its a straight walk to the end of the runway (walk toward the ocean). The shuttle is on an on-call basis, so I'm not sure if they would ask for your name to verify you are a guest. It's approximately 4 miles from the arrivals curb, so a taxi one way to Imperial Hill from LAX or In-N-Out would be do-able. Then, as Flying Machine suggested, it would be easy to ride back to the airport on the shuttle. Just act as if you're a hotel guest.
The Embassy Suites South isn't 4 miles from arrivals at LAX. You exit LAX onto Sepulveda, go under the runway, & take the Imperial Highway exit immediately after clearing the runway, and ES is on the left side about 100 yards. Note you cannot walk through Sepulveda/tunnel/runway, so you would need to take a cab or catch the ES shuttle. Then just walk to where on Imperial Hill you want to watch the planes.

BTW - very near ES on Imperial Highway is the Flight Path Museum which is very cool. Been there a few times w/ FTers.

http://flightpathmuseum.com/

Cabs have a minimum $15 exiting LAX even if you're going close, so that's not a good strategy from LAX. There is no minimum from In-n-Out though if you manage to catch a cab there.

The easiest way to get to In-n-Out from LAX is to take the Parking Spot shuttle to its lot, exit & walk the few feet to InO. BTW - there's a long thread in the LA forum about doing InO runs.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-a...d-threads.html

Cheers.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the info! I still hope a few of you will join me there though. Haha.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Hilton Honors
IN-and-OUT

I've taken the shuttle to the ALOFT hotel, then walked over to in-n-out. In the future I'll walk to the one on Sepulveda, thanks!!
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:32 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by acdelta_jenna
I've taken the shuttle to the ALOFT hotel, then walked over to in-n-out. In the future I'll walk to the one on Sepulveda, thanks!!
Yes, the Aloft is quite a further walk to IN N Out then actually starting from the airport first. Terminal 1 is the closest while walking..
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Update, I wont be flying out until 1am. How is it possible for me to go to not just In-N-Out but also Imperial Hill? Rent a car maybe? Or is that over kill?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 5:11 pm

Programs: United, Alaska, Amtrak, Southwest
Easy solution. Check out Beachcitiestransit.org for route map and schedule. Upon arrival you would take the "Lot C" shuttle and get off at the first stop. Walk two blocks east along 96th Street to the LAX City Bus Center and find the Beach Cities Transit bay. Catch Line #109 at 11:45 AM for $1 fare. Travel about 15 minutes until you reach the top of Imperial Hill, just before Main Street in El Segundo. Catch return bus @ either 2:15 or 3:35. Will join you if available; won't know until day before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.